Waitlist C/O 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got accepted into western and accepted my seat. I am also waitlisted into LMU. While I love both schools, I would choose LMU due to lower cost of living. Im lucky to get an acceptance at all! I hope we all get the news we hear soon!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
To all my fellow waitlisters and even those that may have not gotten in stalking this,
I got accepted into western and accepted my seat. I am also waitlisted into LMU. While I love both schools, I would choose LMU due to lower cost of living. Im lucky to get an acceptance at all! I hope we all get the news we hear soon!
Congratulations, that's so amazing!!

Has anyone gotten off of Tennessee's waitlist?? :) Or know of any updates??

Members don't see this ad :)
Got pulled off the Illinois OOS waitlist a few hours ago!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Has anyone received an OOS waitlist update from Wisconsin? And would it be inappropriate to call them today asking if an email will be sent?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just letting people know that I called Tufts and asked if the class was full and they said that right after the April 17 deadline they called some off the waitlist and asked if they were interested and then accepted them. She said the first wave has until May 1st to respond, and if they don’t all say yes then they may accept more from the waitlist to fill the class

Reactions: 1 user
Following up on my Wisconsin OOS waitlist post: I called this afternoon. I am not 100% sure if they are planning on sending out an email with updated waitlist rankings, but I was able to ask my current ranking and she looked that up while on the phone. OOS has only moved up 10 at this point...but it sounds like they are just starting to pull people off the alternate list, so still holding out hope.

Anyone have information re: ucsf or uchicago? 🙏🏼

Following up on my Wisconsin OOS waitlist post: I called this afternoon. I am not 100% sure if they are planning on sending out an email with updated waitlist rankings, but I was able to ask my current ranking and she looked that up while on the phone. OOS has only moved up 10 at this point...but it sounds like they are just starting to pull people off the alternate list, so still holding out hope.
Thank you! I might call soon too just to see what my ranking is now

Omg LOL … i was a bit confused. Just desperate for any information 🥲
We are all trying to survive here whether it is in the human medical or veterinary field 😂 but you are one of us now

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Accepted off Mizzou's waitlist this morning! Will be taking my name off WI (IS) waitlist, LMU's waitlist and declining my Fall seat for SGU. 🐯💛🖤

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
my daughter rescinded her seat at Miss State (SC contract). So someone should be getting a call!

Any movement on the Texas A&M waitlist?

Accepted off Mizzou's waitlist this morning! Will be taking my name off WI (IS) waitlist, LMU's waitlist and declining my Fall seat for SGU. 🐯💛🖤
My daughter was accepted off Mizzou waitlist as well -OOS. She has declined her seat at Ross. congrats!

Just got accepted off of the UF IS waitlist. Will reject my OOS place at Illinois.

Reactions: 2 users
Any movement on the Texas A&M waitlist?
I called A&M today out of curiosity- they said they've handed out some waitlist acceptances, but the final class isn't finalized.

I just got in off the in-state waitlist at the University of Illinois CVM!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Hello, I’m on the waitlist for two schools and I am currently Existential crisis and panic attack. My plan was to always become a veterinarian, so I never had a back up plan. It was all I have ever wanted to do, but what If I am not fortunate enough to get pulled from either waitlist. What then? Do I reapply for a third time and hope that I will be selected? For reference I have a 3.55 gpa, 3.67 last 48 hour gpa, 3000+ shadowing hours, worked at vet offices ranging from small animal to live stock for 9 years, actively helping with rescuing and rehoming animals, and even did an internship at a local animal sanctuary….. I don’t know what else I can do to improve my application when applicants with 3.8 GPAs are being rejected too. I am currently a vet tech, but vet techs barely make $17 which isn’t livable. Do I chose a different career path? Someone please give me some guidance as to what to do in the event that I’m not accepted. Please help me
Hey! i’m having the same feeling rn, but I did talk to someone UofA and did a file review. They had some comments about my personal statement and letters of rec, which seemed to be the biggest issue for them. So it might not just be gpa and experience sometimes. just a thought!

Hello, I’m on the waitlist for two schools and I am currently Existential crisis and panic attack. My plan was to always become a veterinarian, so I never had a back up plan. It was all I have ever wanted to do, but what If I am not fortunate enough to get pulled from either waitlist. What then? Do I reapply for a third time and hope that I will be selected? For reference I have a 3.55 gpa, 3.67 last 48 hour gpa, 3000+ shadowing hours, worked at vet offices ranging from small animal to live stock for 9 years, actively helping with rescuing and rehoming animals, and even did an internship at a local animal sanctuary….. I don’t know what else I can do to improve my application when applicants with 3.8 GPAs are being rejected too. I am currently a vet tech, but vet techs barely make $17 which isn’t livable. Do I chose a different career path? Someone please give me some guidance as to what to do in the event that I’m not accepted. Please help me
Would advise you to make a WAMC to improve visibility of this and provide more info to people looking at this.

Initial thoughts: GPA is not a complete killer, so long as you apply to holistic schools and have the breadth of experience to back up your app. If you are applying holistically, problem could be LoRs, interviews, and essays. Take advantage of file reviews. Last, by the third cycle I do think you need to be serious about planning/thinking for what you will do if you never get in.