Waitlist C/O 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is what I am afraid of. How did she drop everything and move in so quickly?
In her case she was fortunate enough to get into her IS and she already lived near the school so she didn't have to move. It did take some major scrambling to get all the stuff done for the school but they worked closely with her, waived any late fees and gave her extensions.

Early on in the application process she came up with a game plan so that if she was wait listed with any OOS schools she would be able to move on a moments notice if she had to. She said no matter what, she would find a way to get it done.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know if there's any hope of an offer at spot 40 IS for UMN or spot 110 OOS for UW-Madison? I also got interview waitlisted at Illinois but I don't know enough of their process to know if they would even consider conducting more interviews at this point

IS waitlisted for NC State. One of the doctors at my work (graduated class of 2020) got into NC State off of the IS waitlist as well as one of my coworkers who is in 2nd year at State. Makes me very hopeful :)

Also - NC State’s waitlist is unranked - does anyone have an idea how an unranked waitlist works? My coworker has a theory that if someone who declared Large Animal on their application declines their spot, they’ll pick someone off the waitlist that also declared Large Animal to keep their ratio of students even. But that’s just a theory!

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted OOS for LSU and Kansas State and waitlisted at my IS Purdue. Still waiting on hearing from Iowa and Illinois but so tired of being a second choice ugh.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Waitlisted OOS Auburn and IS Purdue. STILL waiting on LMU...just exhausted

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted OOS for LSU and Kansas State and waitlisted at my IS Purdue. Still waiting on hearing from Iowa and Illinois but so tired of being a second choice ugh.
thought i’d update everyone with a waitlist to iowa. actually what are the odds😭😭

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Alternate list for iowa
#2 on the waitlist for Mississippi

Update: alternate for WesternU

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
thought i’d update everyone with a waitlist to iowa. actually what are the odds😭😭
That is super crazy but I think the positive is I think you have a really good chance that one of them will end up as a yes!

Waitlist for Virginia maryland (ranks aren’t released until 4/3) and 144 for UW

3rd waitlist. This one is OOS at UGA. Unfortunately didn’t qualify for a SC contract seat even though I live there though.

• Care
Waitlisted IS UGA. Does anyone know how many alternates they typically have?

Members don't see this ad :)
4th waitlist now and 2nd today. Illinois this time. So now I’m on waitlists for SGU (for fall, accepted for January), UGA, Illinois and Tennessee. Luckily I’m accepted to LIU so I do have a plan though.

waitlisted at tennessee. still waiting to hear back from edinburgh

IS waitlist for UGA. Have heard varying things about getting accepted off the waitlist. I guess we get ranked in April?

Reactions: 1 users
Waitlisted IS at Virginia-Maryland, OOS at LSU and Mizzou. Really hoping to be pulled off of Mizzou's list but 😬

Updating: currently IS alternate UW (17) and now OOS alternate Mizzou (still waiting on 1 more school)

Alternate for Midwestern 😊 Recieved the email on saturday.

IS waitlisted for NC State. One of the doctors at my work (graduated class of 2020) got into NC State off of the IS waitlist as well as one of my coworkers who is in 2nd year at State. Makes me very hopeful :)

Also - NC State’s waitlist is unranked - does anyone have an idea how an unranked waitlist works? My coworker has a theory that if someone who declared Large Animal on their application declines their spot, they’ll pick someone off the waitlist that also declared Large Animal to keep their ratio of students even. But that’s just a theory!
I have heard the same theory... I also had a coworker who was pulled off the IS waitlist in the 2021 cycle. The theory I have heard is that they just match the person who is not accepting their seat as well as possible with someone from the waitlist... but who knows if it is true. I am also on the IS waitlist at NC State so wishing the best for both of us!!!

So we can scratch Illinois interview waitlist off. They rejected me instead.
UMN wya

• Care
Update! I got accepted for my instate school (UF) so I'll be removing myself from the Auburn and LSU OOS waitlist and declining my acceptance to SGU. Good luck to you all!!

Update! I got accepted for my instate school (UF) so I'll be removing myself from the Auburn and LSU OOS waitlist and declining my acceptance to SGU. Good luck to you all!!
So exciting! Congrats!! :giggle:

Alternate for Oregon State IS and Western OOS. Hopefully, I will hear some good news from either of these schools after the acceptance deadline

Waitlisted IS at VMCVM (Virginia)
Unsure of rank, they will be announcing April 3rd :/

OOS waitlisted for Illinois, IS waitlist for UF

I'm on the waitlist for Iowa (OOS) and Mizzou (OOS)!

I'm on the IS waitlist at ISU CVM and find out rank any day. Headed to the preview day this weekend in hopes of good news! Ugh- does the waiting ever end! Trying to figure out what exactly to do with my life after undergrad :cryi:

Hey everyone! I am looking for some advice in terms of housing while on multiple waitlists.

TLDR: I am on 2 waitlists and most likely will get pulled off of one. If I am pulled off, how should I go about housing? What if I get pulled from my second waitlist but found housing already at the other school? Would I be able to get out of the lease, or should I wait a bit for finding housing?

I feel hopeful that I will get pulled off the Iowa waitlist.

I am also on the waitlist for Mizzou (which does not release ranks). If I do get pulled off the waitlist for the Iowa, I will be submitting my deposit/ accepting my seat. However, if I were to also get pulled off the waitlist for Mizzou, I would attend there (due to the lower OOS tuition).

I understand that I may therefore lose my deposit for Iowa, but I was wondering if anyone has advice in terms of finding housing/ signing a lease? I would hate to find housing in Iowa and then potentially get stuck in a lease if I were to get pulled off the Mizzou waitlist. But I also don’t want to wait too long, end up not getting off the Mizzou waitlist, and struggle to find housing in Iowa.

I don’t think this matters much for this, but I am leaning towards living with other vet students!

If anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it! I hope this all makes sense!

Hey everyone! I am looking for some advice in terms of housing while on multiple waitlists.

TLDR: I am on 2 waitlists and most likely will get pulled off of one. If I am pulled off, how should I go about housing? What if I get pulled from my second waitlist but found housing already at the other school? Would I be able to get out of the lease, or should I wait a bit for finding housing?

I feel hopeful that I will get pulled off the Iowa waitlist.

I am also on the waitlist for Mizzou (which does not release ranks). If I do get pulled off the waitlist for the Iowa, I will be submitting my deposit/ accepting my seat. However, if I were to also get pulled off the waitlist for Mizzou, I would attend there (due to the lower OOS tuition).

I understand that I may therefore lose my deposit for Iowa, but I was wondering if anyone has advice in terms of finding housing/ signing a lease? I would hate to find housing in Iowa and then potentially get stuck in a lease if I were to get pulled off the Mizzou waitlist. But I also don’t want to wait too long, end up not getting off the Mizzou waitlist, and struggle to find housing in Iowa.

I don’t think this matters much for this, but I am leaning towards living with other vet students!

If anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it! I hope this all makes sense!
I don't know for Iowa, but I've heard from many that there is a mizzou cvm facebook page specifically for housing. You can find other vet students looking for roommates.

Hopefully you hear back soon from both so you don't have to wait long to make a decision!!!

• Love
VMCVM just released ranks today. I am MD IS rank #3

Waitlisted at Ontario. Although they turned me off when I had to contact them about an update on my application 🫠

Has anyone gotten ranks or more info from SGU, Midwestern, Western, University of Tennessee, University of Illinois or UGA?? Currently on all of those waitlists and have no info about my chances. Realistically I’m mostly interested in Midwestern, UGA, and Tennessee since I will probably only consider those over LIU and LMU where I’m already accepted.

Has anyone gotten ranks or more info from SGU, Midwestern, Western, University of Tennessee, University of Illinois or UGA?? Currently on all of those waitlists and have no info about my chances. Realistically I’m mostly interested in Midwestern, UGA, and Tennessee since I will probably only consider those over LIU and LMU where I’m already accepted.
Uga will tell you on 4/17

Uga will tell you on 4/17

I’m sorry to ask but I was given no information about deadlines or otherwise from the school that waitlisted me- when you say that they’ll tell us on 4/17, does that mean that there hasn’t been enough movement to accept our position before that date? Or do they only start looking at spots on the waitlist on 4/17?

I’m sorry to ask but I was given no information about deadlines or otherwise from the school that waitlisted me- when you say that they’ll tell us on 4/17, does that mean that there hasn’t been enough movement to accept our position before that date? Or do they only start looking at spots on the waitlist on 4/17?

From what I understand, accepted students are given until 4/17 to officially accept or decline their seat(s). After that time the waitlisters are given more consideration. 4/17 is also the deadline to accept or deny remaining on the waitlist. So once this deadline passes some schools will then release rankings. Not all schools do rankings, and some schools release ranks before this. It’s kind of confusing.

My advisor says there hasn’t been much movement this year with waitlists prior to the April 17 deadline so I expect to see things starting to move next week.

IS acceptance from waitlist at mizzou! Was ranked #2.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
From what I understand, accepted students are given until 4/17 to officially accept or decline their seat(s). After that time the waitlisters are given more consideration. 4/17 is also the deadline to accept or deny remaining on the waitlist. So once this deadline passes some schools will then release rankings. Not all schools do rankings, and some schools release ranks before this. It’s kind of confusing.

My advisor says there hasn’t been much movement this year with waitlists prior to the April 17 deadline so I expect to see things starting to move next week
IS acceptance from waitlist at mizzou! Was ranked #2.
congratulations!!

Waitlisted at U of A, does anyone know if their wait-list moves a lot or if it stays pretty still?