Waitlist C/O 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How is everyone holding up as deadlines are approaching?
I know this is an anxiety-inducing time period for many (including myself)

Waiting For You Art GIF by Gunmaunofficial

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It's literally the worst! Do the best you can to distract yourselves this week! ❤️
Thank you! It’s an effort but hopefully we’ll get some good news soon! Aren’t you also on the UGA waitlist??

Reactions: 1 users
It's literally the worst! Do the best you can to distract yourselves this week!
Work has definitely been somewhat helpful because I'm too busy to think about other things, but in my free time like "what if there was an email sent" and then proceed to refresh my email like 3 times (just to be sure). :rofl:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Work is has definitely been somewhat helpful because I'm too busy to think about other things, but in my free time like "what if there was an email sent" and then proceed to refresh my email like 3 times (just to be sure). :rofl:
same, and then they send an alternate status email that isn't an acceptance and it spikes your adrenaline and it a great let down

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got pulled off the UGA IS waitlist!! Beyond excited!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
I keep frantically checking my email hoping to hear something from Mississippi. I’m a wreck

Reactions: 1 user
I keep frantically checking my email hoping to hear something from Mississippi. I’m a wreck
Same, I keep checking my email for something from NC State even though LOGICALLY I know I probably won’t hear until AT LEAST Monday 😩

Same, I keep checking my email for something from NC State even though LOGICALLY I know I probably won’t hear until AT LEAST Monday 😩
I keep hoping I’ll hear before 3:30 pm on Monday that way I can not rush the minutes to the deadline.
Same here
It’s brutal since I’m #1 on their OOS waitlist.

Do most people tell the school they aren’t attending or do people just not pay?

I keep hoping I’ll hear before 3:30 pm on Monday that way I can not rush the minutes to the deadline.

It’s brutal since I’m #1 on their OOS waitlist.
I declined my OOS seat a couple days ago. Hopefully you hear some good news soon!!!!

I declined my OOS seat a couple days ago. Hopefully you hear some good news soon!!!!
Hopefully! Fingers crossed. They sent out an email saying we might not hear from them till after the deadline. I just don’t want to spend $500 at one school to change my mind again (Already lost a $400 deposit last cycle)

Does anyone know if we are to expect a phone call or an email? I’m assuming email (and I’m assuming it depends on the school), but I’ve heard people have gotten both. Specifically wondering about NCSU. Thanks!!!!

I’m declining seats at LMU, Ross, and SGU (January start)! Hope that helps some of you!

what did everyone's waitlist timelines look like? UACVM said in their waitlist email that "Acceptance typically occurs between the end of April through the end of July" but could go until the start of class. They aim for their class to be finalized by the end of July. It seems like suuuuch a long time. Anyone else's schools have a shorted timeline for finalizing rosters or is end of July pretty standard.

what did everyone's waitlist timelines look like? UACVM said in their waitlist email that "Acceptance typically occurs between the end of April through the end of July" but could go until the start of class. They aim for their class to be finalized by the end of July. It seems like suuuuch a long time. Anyone else's schools have a shorted timeline for finalizing rosters or is end of July pretty standard.
I'd imagine it can go til school starts essentially anywhere, and that also matches what I've heard from a few schools.

Even if one school races through the waitlist after April 17 by giving a couple days to respond, people who originally accepted can always jump ship when they get off the waitlist elsewhere (or simply decide that attending vet school no longer makes sense to them). The school they originally accepted would try to fill, I'd imagine, regardless of timing.

Declined my waitlist spot at Mississippi for Michigan State!

Today is going to be the day that I get all my spam calls and get rushed of adrenaline thinking I got in when it's really about my cars extended warranty

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Declined my spot at RVC and Dublin, just got notified I made it off the LSU OOS waitlist but am thinking I will decline that spot too because they're so much more expensive for me than the school (as of now) I've decided on, though I'll think on it for the next couple days (deadline for me to respond is Thurs). Still waiting to hear back from Mizzou but apparently OOS people won't hear about waitlist movement until May at the earliest 😭 best of luck to everyone waiting to hear back! Hope someone moves into my slots at RVC/Dublin :)

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
So I think I got pulled off the waitlist for Illinois but I missed the call because I’m at work and they didn’t answer when I called back 😬💀

(Probably will decline anyway but wish they would’ve sent an email or something bc I didn’t expect to hear today lol)

• Care
Hi! Got pulled off UGA’s IS waitlist so pulling off the waitlist for OSU, LMU, and Tuskegee as well as declining my spot at SGU! Hopefully this will help someone :)

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Hi! Got pulled off UGA’s IS waitlist so pulling off the waitlist for OSU, LMU, and Tuskegee as well as declining my spot at SGU! Hopefully this will help someone :)
Congrats! Did Parker call you?

So I think I got pulled off the waitlist for Illinois but I missed the call because I’m at work and they didn’t answer when I called back 😬💀

(Probably will decline anyway but wish they would’ve sent an email or something bc I didn’t expect to hear today lol)
That's awesome! Are you IS or OOS? Did they not leave a voicemail or anything? I'm on the IS waitlist currently.

Is everyone else loosing their minds right now? Currently #1 on my IS waitlist with 3 spots left and fully ready to ball my eyes out for the second time

• Care
Got off the IS waitlist for University of Minnesota! I was originally #14.

• Love