UCVM 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, time to invest in a little webcam, my built in one has a very distracting crack.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
does anyone know how many stations for MMI and the time for the essay?
The FAQ section on the UCVM DVM program website has a bunch of general information regarding the MMIs and the essay! I would take a read through those

Members don't see this ad :)
Weird question lol but I’m flying in from BC for the essay portion and trying to figure out what to pack- I’m assuming its just like an anonymous testing center and appearance doesn’t matter but can anybody confirm that for the essay portion a professional appearance isn’t required? (Ie: can I go in my cozy study clothes?)

Weird question lol but I’m flying in from BC for the essay portion and trying to figure out what to pack- I’m assuming its just like an anonymous testing center and appearance doesn’t matter but can anybody confirm that for the essay portion a professional appearance isn’t required? (Ie: can I go in my cozy study clothes?)

It would depend where you’ll be taking the test. If it’s in Calgary it’s the uofc campus (not sure if it’s foothills or the main). I’ve been told it wouldn’t hurt to dress slightly nicer but it’s no where near interview level. If it’s at another facility I doubt it would matter.

Can someone clarify, is 750 words the upper limit, or does the essay have to be 750 words exactly ? Not clear to me from the FAQ tbh

It will likely be at the Foothills campus. No formal attire required because I'm pretty sure no one even knows who you are. I think I just wore cozy clothes!
Can someone clarify, is 750 words the upper limit, or does the essay have to be 750 words exactly ? Not clear to me from the FAQ tbh
750 is the upper limit so just make sure you don't go over :)

It will likely be at the Foothills campus. No formal attire required because I'm pretty sure no one even knows who you are. I think I just wore cozy clothes!

750 is the upper limit so just make sure you don't go over :)
Oh, awesome! Certain topics are easy to riff on , but my writing suffers when I need to stretch it out to hit a word count !

Guys I am so nervous! Its so hard when I don't know any one else applying. It's daunting going through the process alone!

Guys I am so nervous! Its so hard when I don't know any one else applying. It's daunting going through the process alone!
It's ok! I also don't know anyone who is applying this year either, just have to try our best. You've made it this far, have some faith!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
It's ok! I also don't know anyone who is applying this year either, just have to try our best. You've made it this far, have some faith!
AGREED!!!! SENDING EVERYONE HERE THE BEST VIBES!!!! LETS TRY OUR BEST AND TRY TO HAVE SOME FUN WITH IT !!! ROOTING FOR YOU ALL !!!

Guys I know someone asked but I cant remember, they wont be asking follow up questions, right ? even if we finish with spare time ?

Guys I know someone asked but I cant remember, they wont be asking follow up questions, right ? even if we finish with spare time ?

They won’t be asking follow up questions. Everything you need to answer will be in the initial scenario!

Can't wait to "see" some of you on Saturday! You guys got this!!! A good portion of the interviewers have been in your exact shoes so don't stress too much, we've been there before and are very empathetic to your situation!

Can't wait to "see" some of you on Saturday! You guys got this!!! A good portion of the interviewers have been in your exact shoes so don't stress too much, we've been there before and are very empathetic to your situation!

This! A lot of your interviewers are UCVM grads who have been through the exact same thing. Most of the other interviewers have done this many years in a row and know how stressful it is for you.

Remember we're cheering for you, even if we're not allowed to say so!

(And again, breathe.)

Well, I will be cringing at some of the things I said or didn't say for the next 2 months.... also cant remember what I wrote except I know my intro and final paragraphs were not great, gosh I hope it was coherent :rofl:

But happy to have made it in the process this far!!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Well, I will be cringing at some of the things I said or didn't say for the next 2 months.... also cant remember what I wrote except I know my intro and final paragraphs were not great, gosh I hope it was coherent :rofl:

But happy to have made it in the process this far!!!!!
I was still cringing about things I said in my interview in second year vet school lmao I feel your pain

Hey, I'm hoping to apply to the VM program next year, I was wondering what the requirements for the reference letters are? I know I need 3 letters, and currently have two from volunteering, 1 from research. Do I need a letter from a professor I have taken a class with or can I use a letter form a professor I have done research with but have never taken a class with? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hey, I'm hoping to apply to the VM program next year, I was wondering what the requirements for the reference letters are? I know I need 3 letters, and currently have two from volunteering, 1 from research. Do I need a letter from a professor I have taken a class with or can I use a letter form a professor I have done research with but have never taken a class with? Any help is greatly appreciated!

At least 1 reference needs to be a professor. It could be research or anything else. At least one needs to be a professional one so usually a supervisor. Volunteering works. The last one can basically be anyone as long as there’s no personal relationship (not family for friends). Having a wide range is a good idea. If you have any work references, even if they aren’t vet related directly are good. The application asks you to describe other work experiences as well and apply skills from those experiences to vet med. I think the more references know you/worked with you the better.