UCVM 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think it will be close to the first

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey! I’m wondering if anybody can tell me a bit more about the interview format (without breaching the confidentiality)? Like the timing, is there any follow up q’s etc.? I want to start practising in case I get good news this week but I’m not sure how long I have to read/prepare and then how long to talk for

Thanks !

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Iirc (and take with a grain of salt because I haven't helped with interviews for 2 years) the general format is 1-2 minutes to read the prompt, 8 minutes to answer and address the follow up questions. Then straight roll into your next question reading time. Unless they're changing it this year, but they usually don't. I haven't had my interviewer session yet so I don't know for sure.

They will provide you all of the timing and format information in advance as well 😊

Reactions: 3 users
anyone know what time offers would be sent ? and do they send them out all at once ?

Not sure about what time but if it is anything like other professional schools like med school ( my sister has applied more than once), I think they release them all at once.

Not sure about what time but if it is anything like other professional schools like med school ( my sister has applied more than once), I think they release them all at once.
So brutal waiting 🥲 I just want to know either way

So brutal waiting 🥲 I just want to know either way
It might be different for different faculties but the U of C med school invites were time stamped in the later afternoon like around 5PM MST this year (according to Reddit) so maybe similar? Fingers crossed it’s today!!

Reactions: 1 users
It might be different for different faculties but the U of C med school invites were time stamped in the later afternoon like around 5PM MST this year (according to Reddit) so maybe similar? Fingers crossed it’s today!!
Yeah I’ve been going back through the forums for UCVM , seems like one year was 11 and another year was 5, 5 tomorrow would be so brutal omg

I wonder why the website said "On or before" march 1, that made the wait much harder

I wonder why the website said "On or before" march 1, that made the wait much harder
My guess was to give them a buffer to finalize the invite list , if they needed more time or something . But yeah …… well we will have to know by tomorrow, I guess we have that going for us 🥲

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck everyone ! Hopefully today we all get good news. Fingers crossed for everyone :)

Reactions: 3 users
Sooo the my email was deactivated today, so my emails are bouncing . don’t even know what to do , I emailed them to tell them . I can’t believe the timing .

Sooo the my email was deactivated today, so my emails are bouncing . don’t even know what to do , I emailed them to tell them . I can’t believe the timing .
Oh no, have you tried calling them. They are usually pretty good and getting back to you really fast if you leave a voice mail.

Oh no, have you tried calling them. They are usually pretty good and getting back to you really fast if you leave a voice mail.
I did leave a message and email :( not sure what else to do ….

well , I guess Il have to wait a little longer …. Very very unlucky 😅

Does anyone have recommendations on where to find good MMI practise questions?

Does anyone have recommendations on where to find good MMI practise questions?
Last year I attended the Mock MMI at the U of A and it helped tremendously. I also googled a bunch of other vet school MMI questions and recorded myself on zoom to simulate the true MMI format and to watch myself back to see how I was speaking and responding. It helped so much for the day of the actual MMI.

Last year I attended the Mock MMI at the U of A and it helped tremendously. I also googled a bunch of other vet school MMI questions and recorded myself on zoom to simulate the true MMI format and to watch myself back to see how I was speaking and responding. It helped so much for the day of the actual MMI.
Is it too late for the mock mmi at uofa ?

Is it too late for the mock mmi at uofa ?
I can't login anymore to see but if you search up U of A Mock MMI and follow the instructions on campusbridge it'll tell you. It says it opened on February 26 for registration so I assume it's not too late!

Is there any way of attending if you were/are not a student at the school or is it only for U of A students?

Is there any way of attending if you were/are not a student at the school or is it only for U of A students?
If I member correctly it is open to anyone but the U of A students have a bit of a lower price!

The UofA MMI practice is invaluable in my opinion! I also like the BEMO MMI practice book which I believe is like 0.99c on amazon for kindle!

Congrats everyone with an interview! Maybe I'll see some of you (virtually) on the day! Remember to relax, smile, and BREATHE. (Seriously, breathe y'all. It helps, I promise. It also decreases your flight or fight adrenaline to just take a couple deep breaths. Then you will sound less panicked to us, your interviewers)

I GOT MINEEEEEE BLESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Anyone from previous cycles provide insight on how to best prepare for the essay (within the boundaries of NDA)? TIA

Anyone from previous cycles provide insight on how to best prepare for the essay (within the boundaries of NDA)? TIA
C/O 2027 here, I did similar prep for my MMI and essay. I practiced different brain storming and writing different current topics I found in vet journals or vet ethics books. Hope this helps and best of luck to everyone on their interviews!

I looked up controversial topics and examples online in addition to veterinary ethics. I also practiced brainstorming and writing within the alotted time limit and would read it back to see how I could write stronger.

Does anyone have any info about the MMI breakdown? Like what are the chances of getting ethics questions, personal background questions or even general situation questions that don’t directly relate to vet med?

Does anyone have any info about the MMI breakdown? Like what are the chances of getting ethics questions, personal background questions or even general situation questions that don’t directly relate to vet med?
They won't ask you personal questions during the MMI, but you should expect a mixture of the other types. The CVMA monthly(?) journals are a fantastic source of ethical type questions.