***The Official Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know approximately how full the class is? I’m interviewing on March 13th. Am I interviewing for an actual spot in the class or just a waitlist spot?
From the application that we are required to download, it shows thats only 36 applicants have paid their deposit and secured a seat. so you have about 94 seats that havent been secured.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
From the application that we are required to download, it shows thats only 36 applicants have paid their deposit and secured a seat. so you have about 94 seats that havent been secured.
Lads our hope hath been restored!! :D

Downloading the app is optional so there are a lot of students who don't ever download the app. That app is not an accurate way to determine how many have paid deposit.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol I wish it was that simple....downloading the app is definitely not required. For a more reasonable (yet still unaccurate) estimate, the facebook group has 91 members in it, and there actually aren't that many upperclassmen in it so I would guess that about ~80-85 students that have facebook accounts are enrolled in the class lol.

Lol I wish it was that simple....downloading the app is definitely not required. For a more reasonable (yet still unaccurate) estimate, the facebook group has 91 members in it, and there actually aren't that many upperclassmen in it so I would guess that about ~80-85 students that have facebook accounts are enrolled in the class lol.
lol well you two got me. I was thinking it couldnt be that low. thanks for the correction

wait hm how do we know though that they've paid the deposit and everything from just fb?

Don't stress about this! I think there are a fair amount of spots left and they will tell you how many spots are left at your interview. At my interview on January 11th Amy told us the class was about half full, if I recall correctly

Can someone please provide a little insight into the surrounding location of campus? How far from Chicago? Cost of living? Etc?

I’m flying in from MA and am genuinely curious about the program from a perspective outside of their website.

Thanks!

Can someone please provide a little insight into the surrounding location of campus? How far from Chicago? Cost of living? Etc?

I’m flying in from MA and am genuinely curious about the program from a perspective outside of their website.

Thanks!

The drive to downtown chicago probably depends on the time of the Day, I know someone on my interview day who commuted from DT and it took them well over an hour cus of traffic. It took me about 20 mins from O'hare to get to my hotel which is right by the campus. The area itself is not too bad, typical suburban neighborhood, granted, i didn't see much else outside of my hotel room and the campus. Being in the suburbs will probably be better for you in terms of saving money on living expenses. One big issue i have tho, is the lack of public transport in the area, so you pretty much have to have access to a car, either your own or a friend's.

If my midwestern page now has something called "Applicant Checklist" what does that mean?

If my midwestern page now has something called "Applicant Checklist" what does that mean?
I just checked my portal and I got that too. It says I have to complete a class but I'm taking it this semester. What does this mean?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just checked my portal and I got that too. It says I have to complete a class but I'm taking it this semester. What does this mean?

I believe, that means you are on the waitlist. I remember Abby said something along that line. This will help you keep track of things that you may still need to submit/ satisfy. Keep them updated, because you never know when a seat will be open.

I could be wrong tho. XD

ACCEPTED!!!!!!! Received an email at 3:19 pm!!!!!!!
Interviewed 2/20

LITERALLY CANNOT BELIEVE IT :D

ACCEPTED TODAY!
interviewed on 2/13
:D

ACCEPTED as well!!!
I was interviewed on February, 13th:clap::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Congratulations everyone! 5 more months before school starts. It's gonna be a very fun four year journey. We've worked hard to get this far. Gotta work even harder for four more years to officially begin our careers of becoming the best dentists we can be!!

How was the interview process here? I have mine next week. Was the MMI format stressful?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How was the interview process here? I have mine next week. Was the MMI format stressful?

Before the interview during the opening presentation is the most stressful b/c you are unsure what to expect. But the MMI interviews itself were fun in my opinion. You should look into the ethics of dentistry like the core principles but other than that just be natural and true to yourself and your beliefs. Good Luck!!!

Does anyone know approximately how full the class is? I’m interviewing on March 13th. Am I interviewing for an actual spot in the class or just a waitlist spot?

Im interviewing on march 13th as well!

Does anyone know how the scrubs work at Midwestern? I saw everyone wearing the same blue scrubs and I was wondering do they give you a couple pairs included in tuition or do you have to purchase them all separately? Also if you could provide the rough cost :happy:

Does anyone know how the scrubs work at Midwestern? I saw everyone wearing the same blue scrubs and I was wondering do they give you a couple pairs included in tuition or do you have to purchase them all separately? Also if you could provide the rough cost :happy:
You're required to wear royal blue scrubs. They give you one pair when you start and from my understanding they might gift you one during the holidays. At least I heard they did this last year. You can buy them from anywhere, as long as they are royal blue. If you're gonna wear something long sleeves underneath it needs to be white.

You're required to wear royal blue scrubs. They give you one pair when you start and from my understanding they might gift you one during the holidays. At least I heard they did this last year. You can buy them from anywhere, as long as they are royal blue. If you're gonna wear something long sleeves underneath it needs to be white.
Okay thank you! I might start shopping around a bit :)

I would like to connect with some Alumni of the Dental Program of MWU-IL or students that are currently attending. Please DM me. Thank you!

Anyone else placed on the waitlist?

Did anybody else start the conditional acceptance background check from Certiphi?

Any advice on how to best get from ohare to Midwestern?

Did anyone bring a notepad or anything to their interview? Or do we just bring ourselves?

Did anyone bring a notepad or anything to their interview? Or do we just bring ourselves?
You can bring it but it's completely useless because it's not allowed during interview time and they give you a folder.

Any advice on how to best get from ohare to Midwestern?
Either rent a car or Uber (car rental is better imo especially for the interview day because the campus isn't uber friendly and renting was not expensive)

Has anyone that interviewed around mid February heard a response back yet? They said beginning of march we'd hear a response

oo okay sweet! I saw somewhere on the site it was up to $150? 40 sounds much better lol
Yeah I believe you have to authorize them up to $150 but the amount they actually end up charging you depends on how much information there is about you (?) eg if you moved around a lot have a lot of different addresses you've lived at I think it might cost more? Just stuff like that. But yeah I haven't come across anyone ever really paying the max amount

Has anyone that interviewed around mid February heard a response back yet? They said beginning of march we'd hear a response
I havent heard back, I emailed them and they replied saying im waitlisted, so thats probably the case for everyone that has not heard back

Debating between here, nova, and louisville. If anyone has any insight on advantages/disadvantages (besides tuition and the city) please let me know!

Debating between here, nova, and louisville. If anyone has any insight on advantages/disadvantages (besides tuition and the city) please let me know!
I am also interested! Let me know too. :)

Does anyone know how many interview dates are left and when we can expect movement on the waitlist?

Does anyone know how many interview dates are left and when we can expect movement on the waitlist?
They said three more! I had an interview this past Tuesday.
Edit: interviewees should hear back in 3-4 weeks. Idk about waitlist people, sorry!

I believe they interview through the last week of march. At our interview I believe that Nicole said that typically they see a lot of movement towards the end of April and early May because students are giving up seats. This may be just speculation but I think Midwestern might be a school with a lot of waitlist changes because they are higher in tuition. Therefore, hopefully people might give up their spots to attend a cheaper school. Good luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.