***The Official Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe they interview through the last week of march. At our interview I believe that Nicole said that typically they see a lot of movement towards the end of April and early May because students are giving up seats. This may be just speculation but I think Midwestern might be a school with a lot of waitlist changes because they are higher in tuition. Therefore, hopefully people might give up their spots to attend a cheaper school. Good luck! :)
Do you know how much tuition + fees is? Everything excluding housing and personal needs

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone. So I got in last Friday and just want to ask a current student some questions. I am especially curious about how to be smart about student loans and how to afford this school, as it’s pretty pricey. Would someone message me who goes there currently or knows someone I can talk to? Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone. So I got in last Friday and just want to ask a current student some questions. I am especially curious about how to be smart about student loans and how to afford this school, as it’s pretty pricey. Would someone message me who goes there currently or knows someone I can talk to? Thank you!
same goes for me. i would love it if someone can direct me to anyone or anything that can help me with loans and identifying the correct way to go.

Is there only one deposit? They don't ask for 2nd and 3rd deposit? Also, since I'm finishing up pre-reqs I should just wait to send in all my transcripts at once right? I've taken classes at 2 community colleges and 2 universities in total. Thanks

When do we have to have the prereqs completed by?
At the interview the lady hinted at potentially finishing pre-reqs even during the summer because the deadline for transcripts is 2 or so weeks before classes begin if i'm not mistaken.

I saw a post from someone about buying scrubs. Don't. The color is most likely changing for next year so wait for the official email before doing so.

I saw a post from someone about buying scrubs. Don't. The color is most likely changing for next year so wait for the official email before doing so.
Lol too late, I already got a pair in February :p guess I was just really excited to buy scrubs although you're right I should've waited...

Okay thanks I’ll wait lol I was also super excited about buying scrubs. Professional pajamas. Yet another benefit of being a dentist xD

Got waitlist letter in the mail yesterday. Interviewed Feb 13.

My phone has been broken for a couple days and as I am waiting to get it fixed, If I were to get a call from midwestern and I do not answer, will they also send me an email to inform me that I am accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
My phone has been broken for a couple days and as I am waiting to get it fixed, If I were to get a call from midwestern and I do not answer, will they also send me an email to inform me that I am accepted?
They actually don't do phone calls so I would say just keep checking for an email and check AADSAS too! They were very quick about updating the website when I got in!

They actually don't do phone calls so I would say just keep checking for an email and check AADSAS too! They were very quick about updating the website when I got in!
Beautiful thank you for letting me know. I interviewed back in October and the wait has been awful:(

Does anybody know when the final deposits are due?

They never change the color. Unless you know something I don't (with the arrival of the new dean, who knows?), the color will be royal blue.

They never change the color. Unless you know something I don't (with the arrival of the new dean, who knows?), the color will be royal blue.
He said that the color is changing for the incoming class during his presentation.

so um it looks like i'm not getting such great grades my last semester in undergrad right now... will that affect my acceptance offer? don't i just have to pass to get a degree? (like not fail) these classes aren't prereqs

so um it looks like i'm not getting such great grades my last semester in undergrad right now... will that affect my acceptance offer? don't i just have to pass to get a degree? (like not fail) these classes aren't prereqs
No I think as long as you pass and get your degree you should be fine. Just keep trying your best ! There’s still lots of time in the semester.

Same, I'm taking Biochem and other tough classes but I just lost so much motivation after getting acceptance.

He said that the color is changing for the incoming class during his presentation.
Is there any reason why the incoming D1s haven't been informed about things related to them changing? Are they just waiting to send out a mass email until the class is full?

Is there any reason why the incoming D1s haven't been informed about things related to them changing? Are they just waiting to send out a mass email until the class is full?

They will let you know when you need to know it. As for scrubs, they have not been expecting anybody to wear them on the first week anyway. Business casual is good.

I believe they are still finalizing some stuff for the incoming students. There is still plenty of time before school start for you guys. Enjoy your pre-dental time while you can! haha

I want to know about curriculum updates and what changes have been made from the previous years to accommodate for the new boards exam. At this interview they said we'll be taking the new boards but at my other interview they told me our class would be the last ones to take the old boards. Has anyone else heard multiple things regarding the new boards from different schools?

Guys, I have a couple questions about loans. What would be the maximum direct Stafford loan you could receive from FAFSA? If my estimate says 20k what does that mean? I think 20k seems to be the max. I am not too well informed that this and would appreciate it if somebody could clarify. Can you borrow less loan to start with and borrow more during the academic year if needed?

Guys, I have a couple questions about loans. What would be the maximum direct Stafford loan you could receive from FAFSA? If my estimate says 20k what does that mean? I think 20k seems to be the max. I am not too well informed that this and would appreciate it if somebody could clarify. Can you borrow less loan to start with and borrow more during the academic year if needed?
Here’s a good link to help you learn the types of loans and loan limits.
Types of loans
And yes it’s a smart idea to not borrow your max amount unless you need it. You can borrow a certain percentage and if you need more during the academic year you just visit financial aid, sign, and they give you up to your max annual limit. We are all going to be in debt a couple hundred thousand dollars but if you live modestly and spend wisely (eg borrowing only for tuition and absolute necessity)you can knock thousands off your debt.

I just got an acceptance email!!! I interviewed March 13th.

Last edited:
Just received an acceptance email! For what it’s worth, I interviewed on March 8th.

Last edited:
Question for current students: did you have to purchase any textbooks for classes? On the COA they gave us, they have $3349 budgeted towards “books and supplies”. My tour guides told me that they just based all their studying from lecture slides. I want to know if I can effectively remove this from my budget since my pencils are going to be relatively less than $3000 :laugh:

Question for current students: did you have to purchase any textbooks for classes? On the COA they gave us, they have $3349 budgeted towards “books and supplies”. My tour guides told me that they just based all their studying from lecture slides. I want to know if I can effectively remove this from my budget since my pencils are going to be relatively less than $3000 :laugh:
My understanding is that they have customized lecture binders that you have to buy for each class.

I got the checklist for the required prerequisites in the pre-accepted applicant checklist. What does that mean? I had my interview in March!

I got the checklist for the required prerequisites in the pre-accepted applicant checklist. What does that mean? I had my interview in March!
did you get a matriculation agreement? or a deposit link on your page? if so you have been accepted.

did you get a matriculation agreement? or a deposit link on your page? if so you have been accepted.
No, I didn't. But one of the pre-requisites on the checklist, I have already taken it and they marked it as needed. And the other I'm taking it right now...

No, I didn't. But one of the pre-requisites on the checklist, I have already taken it and they marked it as needed. And the other I'm taking it right now...
If you haven’t received an acceptance email or a matriculation agreement that probably means you were waitlisted. Wait till Monday and then call they and they will let you know for sure. As to the courses, usually they get updated once you send in transcripts.

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know of some affordable housing options near the university?

Anyone that interviewed March 15th get accepted yet? Congrats to those accepted!

I'm wondering the same.
I emailed admissions this morning. I interviewed March 8. From what I gather if you have not received an acceptance or rejection email you are waitlisted at this point. That includes those who interviewed the week of the 13th as well. Not the news I wanted to hear.

Reactions: 2 users
Does your guys FAFSA checklist in the MWU portal say complete? Has anyone else completed the Master Promissory Form (MPN) yet?

I emailed admissions this morning. I interviewed March 8. From what I gather if you have not received an acceptance or rejection email you are waitlisted at this point. That includes those who interviewed the week of the 13th as well. Not the news I wanted to hear.

So if we interviewed in march and havent heard anything yet, we have been waitlisted?

Does your guys FAFSA checklist in the MWU portal say complete? Has anyone else completed the Master Promissory Form (MPN) yet?
Yes my financial aid checklist is all green. MPN is easy just make sure you select MWU as the school. It takes a week to show up after completing in the portal. I think we won’t receive an award letter until May though according to an email I received. They are focusing on the Summer semester students right now.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.