Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Havent heard anything. I interviewed in March and Im still on the waitlist. Im lowkey losing hope and getting ready for next cycle :(
I’m guessing there has to be more waitlist movement if the class size is 140. i have seen so many people who have mwu il as one of multiple acceptances and they still haven’t decided yet. we have to stay positive and hope for the best! :) (but also preparing for the worst is not a bad idea haha i’m doing the same)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
There has to be more waitlist movement in the following weeks since im sure the class is not full yet. Also we should wait for more people to make their final decisions and some might withdraw their acceptance offer for CDMI. Lets hope for the best and prepare for the worst 🤞🏻
I’m guessing there has to be more waitlist movement if the class size is 140. i have seen so many people who have mwu il as one of multiple acceptances and they still haven’t decided yet. we have to stay positive and hope for the best! :) (but also preparing for the worst is not a bad idea haha i’m doing the same)

Y’all keep me hopeful!! 🥹🫶🏽

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought if they had to multiple acceptance they had to make a decision by 3/15.

I thought if they had to multiple acceptance they had to make a decision by 3/15.
I think thats just what’s encouraged since that’s when schools can see if you’re holding multiple seats. You can put a deposit down somewhere then get another acceptance after the 15th too so you’d still have to make a decision

Got the acceptance call yesterday. Dont lose hope there is still chance to get in. 🤞🏻

Reactions: 2 users
Yes i did.
Thank youu I hope you get the call soon 🤞🏻

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone get in from february in person interview? Been waitlisted and still hopeful!

I believe the class size is usually around 130. why do they have spots open still? are they waiting for something?

• Hmm
My friend said in the 90 range! She said there’s some D2s in their GroupMe and Facebook group so she can’t give me an exact number
So saying 100 to account for those who aren’t on Facebook/group me or even 110 how do they still have so many seats that aren’t filled? I feel like most school are finalizing there class by now.

I was told by a friend who spoke to a faculty member that waitlist movement will occur again in May.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Update: anyone can join both midwestern’s Facebook pages! Clicked on the GroupMe link and found that 93 people were in. Still lots of hope 🫶🏽

• Care
Update: anyone can join both midwestern’s Facebook pages! Clicked on the GroupMe link and found that 93 people were in. Still lots of hope 🫶🏽
the admin won’t accept my request lmao ??

yeah some ppl there are D2 and there is even someone that committed to Another school, but for whatever reason they haven’t leave the groupchat. Like more than 5 ppl have left the group chat since December don’t lose hope

Does MWU-IL randomly update their waitlist through out the month or is it a specific date of every month when they update the waitlist? Please let me know. Thank you

Someone on dat fb page said they are currently still interviewing, does anyone know if that’s true??

that is very discouraging but at least they still have a lot of seats left 😔 ugh
Agreed! But you know what, being on the waitlist still means there is a chance. I’ve read a post on Reddit where people who interviewed pre-December and were waitlisted have already been rejected!

In times like these, remember that patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet 💛

• Care
I wonder why they keep interviewing, as oppose to take ppl from the waiting list?
Thats probably the reason why people say that being on the waitlist at MWU is basically a rejection. I've been on the waitlist for the past couple cycles and it never seems to move...

• Sad
Thats probably the reason why people say that being on the waitlist at MWU is basically a rejection. I've been on the waitlist for the past couple cycles and it never seems to move...
Did you send them updates and stuff to try to get off the waitlist previously?

I never knew that people say this. That’s horrible.

Did you send them updates and stuff to try to get off the waitlist previously?
Yes. Last cycle, I was sending them updates every 5-6 weeks. This cycle, I only emailed them a LOI after being waitlisted but other than that I haven't sent them anything.

haha for the sake of my sanity i think i should stop checking this thread and just accept that whatever’s meant to be will be at this point

Reactions: 4 users
Yes. Last cycle, I was sending them updates every 5-6 weeks. This cycle, I only emailed them a LOI after being waitlisted but other than that I haven't sent them anything.
I know it doesn’t really matter, but are you IS or OOS?