***The Official Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check your portal, if there're some of the pre-reqs requirement marked, then you're waitlisted
How do you know this?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
How do you know this?
I had the same checklist with the pre-reqs on my portal. I emailed them yesterday and was told I was on the alternate list and to expect a letter in the mail within the next week or two.

How long did it take everyone to be added to the FB group? I paid my deposit and answered the question and everything but I still haven’t been added
You sent the request like 13 hours ago to join and you answered incorrectly but I've verified by other means that you have paid your seat deposit. Welcome to the FB group!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just gave up my seat. Hope someone one here who deserves it get the seat! Best of luck!

Reactions: 6 users
Just gave up my spot as well! Hopefully it goes to one of you on the wait-list.

Reactions: 4 users
So glad to be on the correct thread finally! Turns out I was accidentally posting on the University of Illinois thread for weeks (this is why I shouldnt do this from my phone). Now I'm actually communicating with my future fellow students!!

Reactions: 1 users
So glad to be on the correct thread finally! Turns out I was accidentally posting on the University of Illinois thread for weeks (this is why I shouldnt do this from my phone). Now I'm actually communicating with my future fellow students!!
Lol WELCOME

Did anyone on the waitlist hear back yet?
I got off the waitlist this week. I interviewed March 15, was waitlisted about a week after, sent two updates and a letter of intent, got an acceptance this past Tuesday.

Reactions: 2 users
I got off the waitlist this week. I interviewed March 15, was waitlisted about a week after, sent two updates and a letter of intent, got an acceptance this past Tuesday.
Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your stats?
I have a 3.5 cumulative GPA, 3.4 science, and an 18 AA on the DAT. I spoke with several dental students and faculty at MWU and they said it’s important to keep updating because it “bumps you to the top” of the list.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a 3.5 cumulative GPA, 3.4 science, and an 18 AA on the DAT. I spoke with several dental students and faculty at MWU and they said it’s important to keep updating because it “bumps you to the top” of the list.
Can I ask you what kind of update you sent them? Because I just told them I’m in a class now for the physiology requirement they need. I asked about where a letter of recommendation can be sent, and they replied via email. So they know I’m going to have someone write to them. Is that what you mean by letter of intent? Or is that from you talking about why you’re still interested?

Anyone know when the deadline is for submitting the prerequisite course transcripts?

What "updates" did you send them? I sent them a letter of rec from my employer last week...interviewed march 13th and have same stats as you. I thought I killed the interview too

Asked today if I was still interested in being on the waitlist. In response, I withdrew my application. Nothing wrong with the program, I enjoyed my interview and especially the lunch :shifty:
Did they call or email? Were you on the waitlist?

I got a similar email asking if I wanted to continue to be considered. I was in the applicant pool before so I think they’re just trying to narrow it down even more. The Facebook group has 147 spots already

Hmm I didn’t receive one. Is that a bad sign

It’s really hard to tell. Have you sent them updates? If you have, then you have shown interest to the point where they probably have no question that you’re still interested.

It’s really hard to tell. Have you sent them updates? If you have, then you have shown interest to the point where they probably have no question that you’re still interested.
Yeah I for sure have been sending them LOI and other updates

I was just accepted off of the alternate list today!!

I got a similar email asking if I wanted to continue to be considered. I was in the applicant pool before so I think they’re just trying to narrow it down even more. The Facebook group has 147 spots already

The Facebook group has a lot of current students added.

did you also get the alternate list email before the acceptance email ?

After asking them if I was on the alternate list (roughly when everyone on here asked them), they told me that I was and that I'd get a letter in the mail stating so. I got the letter shortly thereafter.

After asking them if I was on the alternate list (roughly when everyone on here asked them), they told me that I was and that I'd get a letter in the mail stating so. I got the letter shortly thereafter.
No not the letter they’re talking about if you received that email that asked if you were still interested or not a few days ago

No not the letter they’re talking about if you received that email that asked if you were still interested or not a few days ago

Oh, no I didn't. I literally sent a LOI on Sunday so idk if that's why I may not have received it.

Got a similar email asking if I was still interested in being on the waitlist. I withdrew my application because I got into my first choice. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, guys, I will be attending Midwestern in the Fall I am super excited to meet all my future classmates. I got in recently and was wondering if anyone could give me any insight on good areas to live!

Does anyone know who the person is that makes the final decision which candidates get off the waitlist?

No not personally... i just need a name so i can e. Mail them. Ill try the director of admissions but i dont think hes the final decision maker

No not personally... i just need a name so i can e. Mail them. Ill try the director of admissions but i dont think hes the final decision maker

I would say that honestly you shouldn't attempt that unless you actually have something REALLY meaningful to add to your application such as a phenomenal DAT retake, a unique dental experience, an amazing academic update... something along those lines.

Hey there, congrats! Excited to meet you this fall

I'm doing my best to look for a studio/1br but all of the surrounding areas are costly. I've been able to find them for under 1k/mo but they're practically shoe boxes. Anything livable is going to be 1k+ sadly. As much as I'd love to live by myself it's looking like having roommates is the way to go. You can find some really nice 2br apartments in the 1.3-1.8k range, either cutting your rent in half or putting you in a really nice room.

Decide what you want to do from there and start looking with Zillow, it doesn't show all available apartments but it's a good start to get an idea of surrounding neighborhoods and their price ranges.

Sorry to go off on a tangent lol, I've had trouble looking for apartments and figured I'd do all I could to help. To answer your question specifically, I've had luck in Westmont, Hinsdale and La Grange, all south/south-east from the school but close. I haven't looked that much into the areas west of Downers Grove because I'd like to be close to the school and somewhat near the city if possible, but I stayed in Naperville for one of my younger brother's hockey tournaments and that area is beautiful. Might be worth checking there if you don't mind being more west.

Good luck!
Thank you so much I will look into those areas!

Received my acceptance phone call yesterday for my top school so I will be giving up my seat here. Hope one of you guys get it, we all deserve this! Just stay positive this cycle isnt over yet!!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how the procedure for the "Titers" works? Also online it says drug screen (optional) so does that really mean we get to chose if we get drug tested prior to matriculation?
You don't have to worry about the drug test. Just print out the forms and take your vaccination records to your doctor. They'll tell you what vaccines you need and what titers to draw. If your titer levels are low then you'll need boosters. The school will let you know that based on your values.

Anyone accepted off the waitlist this month?

So I have a question. I was accepted into Indiana University School of Debtistry. The classes start next week and I am on the waitlist at Midwestern for which classes start in September. I was wondering that if I start my classes in Indiana, will I still be on the waitlist for Midwestern or will they not consider me at all? I really want to get in Midwestern which is why I am asking this. Thank you.

So I have a question. I was accepted into Indiana University School of Debtistry. The classes start next week and I am on the waitlist at Midwestern for which classes start in September. I was wondering that if I start my classes in Indiana, will I still be on the waitlist for Midwestern or will they not consider me at all? I really want to get in Midwestern which is why I am asking this. Thank you.
I think you should contact Midwestern admissions in this case. I would think that if you are enrolled in another dental program they will remove you from the waitlist but just double check with them. You don't want to risk waiting for Midwestern and losing your Indiana spot. Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.