Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Do you know when the DO classes start?
I believe they start in September too!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
During my interview, there was a D1 who was accepted a week before classes started
Some of us have things to sort out. Not talking about housing and money, but school, family and responsibilities. One cannot expect a person to relocate and get ready for DS within a week. I mean its amazing this person got accepted and I hope they are happy at the school but this school needs to realise that they are putting applicants under a lot of pressure.

Some of us have things to sort out. Not talking about housing and money, but school, family and responsibilities. One cannot expect a person to relocate and get ready for DS within a week. I mean its amazing this person got accepted and I hope they are happy at the school but this school needs to realise that they are putting applicants under a lot of pressure.
the school did not do this on purpose
a spot opened up, and they filled it with someone who was willing to fill it...

Members don't see this ad :)
Ppl drop last minute, thats why it happens. If someone wants it bad enough they’ll figure it out and will relocate within a week.

Being accepted a week before classes isnt unique to MW IL, happens every year with many DS's

Does anyone know anything about the one year MA in BMS program at MWU IL

After much reaching out, I was informed the class is currently full. Waitlist movement will only occur if someone drops. Best of luck to you all. Thank you for being part of my journey

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
After much reaching out, I was informed the class is currently full. Waitlist movement will only occur if someone drops. Best of luck to you all. Thank you for being part of my journey
I just called them and they said they can't give out any information. :(

I just called them and they said they can't give out any information. :(
Yeah, they won’t tell you. I know this because I reached out to them a few weeks ago and they told me the same thing. BUT I emailed Ryan O’Mealey, the director of admissions, and he told me this information

It’s a really rough program. Probably the worst 9 months of my life. We had ~130 students in the fall and only 47 graduated
dang is it really that bad? their sites stats say from the 2021 class 79/96 students graduated

I can attest, that program was extremely rough, definitely not worth $65k. If you’re looking to increase your gpa a lot then this isn’t the program for you!! 🐝🐝🐝

Just received a rejection email... guess the class is full and they're rejecting people on the waitlist

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Just received a rejection email... guess the class is full and they're rejecting people on the waitlist
I received it too. It wasn’t in our destiny, but manifesting the other school for you. Good news is just around the corner. Stay hopeful 🫶🏽

For the people that just got rejected off the waitlist do you guys mind sharing your stats because I’m still on the waitlist and I want to see if we any similar thank you and wish you guys the best

Anyone knows if MWU-AZ also reject applicants from waitlist?

I received it too. It wasn’t in our destiny, but manifesting the other school for you. Good news is just around the corner. Stay hopeful 🫶🏽
I received it too. I’m in the same mindset. What’s meant for us will find us. i’m still on the waitlist for IU but reapplying currently in case it doesn’t work out! Not giving up on this dream!! hard work will pay off ❤️

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
thanks everyone for their input on the masters degree. Just gonna wait and pray I get accepted off the waitlist so I don't have to do the masters😆

thanks everyone for their input on the masters degree. Just gonna wait and pray I get accepted off the waitlist so I don't have to do the masters😆
Wishing you all the best off the waitlist hehe, I feel you.
If you want do a master’s program that is doable and can get your GPA up I would recommend the Barry University BMS program. I did it for two years and it wasn’t easy but if you put the work you’ll see the success. The professors and everyone there are so nice and will make sure you succeed, that’s how I felt.

Wishing you all the best off the waitlist hehe, I feel you.
If you want do a master’s program that is doable and can get your GPA up I would recommend the Barry University BMS program. I did it for two years and it wasn’t easy but if you put the work you’ll see the success. The professors and everyone there are so nice and will make sure you succeed, that’s how I felt.
I vouch on this!! Did the masters at Barry University. I did the 18 mos program. The professor and the Dean of the program are so nice and understanding. At the end of the day, they want you to succeed and get into your health professional program. The program is difficult but it will prepare you to learn lots of materials effectively. Also many students end up getting into their professional school of choice.

Just came here to say after 3 years i was finally accepted into dental school (IU school of dentistry). This process is long and exhausting and can really beat you down but DO NOT GIVE UP!! Persistence is key!! keep grinding and you WILL reach your goals!! Hard work pays off. Good luck to everyone still on the waitlist and those of you applying this cycle ❤️❤️❤️

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Just came here to say after 3 years i was finally accepted into dental school (IU school of dentistry). This process is long and exhausting and can really beat you down but DO NOT GIVE UP!! Persistence is key!! keep grinding and you WILL reach your goals!! Hard work pays off. Good luck to everyone still on the waitlist and those of you applying this cycle ❤️❤️❤️
This made my day, I am beyond proud of you 🫶🏽

• Care
Interview #3
School: Midwestern-Illinois
Notification date: 10/25
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AASDAS Mail-out date: 06/10
AASDAS complete date: 08/??
GPA (Science, overall): <3.0/<3.0/DIY Postbach/Masters: 3.2/3.6/3.5
DAT (AA/TS): 17/18
Interview Date: various dates
Method of interview: in person ( I'm going to choose this)
by any chance what was your pat?

Interview #1
School: Midwestern-Illinois
Notification date: 8/29
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AASDAS Mail-out date: 7/5
AASDAS complete date: 7/27
GPA (Science, overall): 3.0/3.2/DIY Postbach 3.67
DAT (AA/TS): 18/19
Interview Date: various dates
Method of interview: in person