***The Official Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody going to the interview on the 15th that's getting there the night before looking to split an Airbnb? Or even other students who are flying in, anyone trying to split an Uber to the campus? Trying to save some money wherever I can

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody going to the interview on the 15th that's getting there the night before looking to split an Airbnb? Or even other students who are flying in, anyone trying to split an Uber to the campus? Trying to save some money wherever I can
i know airbnb has fees associated, the holiday inn near there (10min away) is relatively cheap, shuttles to campus and back too which will save you a lot of money. Also Uber has ride share from the airport, it makes the fares around $10 cheaper.

Reactions: 1 user
i know airbnb has fees associated, the holiday inn near there (10min away) is relatively cheap, shuttles to campus and back too which will save you a lot of money. Also Uber has ride share from the airport, it makes the fares around $10 cheaper.
Thats true try to use ride share ot is significantly cheaper

Members don't see this ad :)
Trying to be hopeful thank you! In the interview they told us you don’t get a rejection email but a letter. Did anyone get a rejection email? They said you only get accepted email.
I definitely agree you should keep your hopes up! However, I received my waitlist notification via snail mail so I would check at the address associated with your application.

I was just offered an interview!

Reactions: 1 users
Just received an acceptance email! I interviewed on January 25th

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted. Interview 1/30
21aa 3.45scienc 3.6overall

does anyone know if the interview performance is the only thing considered once you get an interview.. like is it closed file and stuff? cuz i feel like my stats were kinda borderline which I think is why I got the interview offer so last minute... i'm really hoping that they just look at how you do at the interview.. anyone knows anything? also, how many out of those 16 people in one group get accepted?

Accepted today at 8:06AM PST via email! Interviewed 1/25. OOS. 19AA. 20 TS. 3.62 Science GPA. 3.68 Overall GPA.
A lot of extracurriculars and work experience within and outside of dentistry.

Best thing I can tell to those of you who are preparing to interview here is that the questions aren't what you would consider traditional, but rather ones that question your moral and ethical ground. They aren't by any means difficult and there is obviously no "right" or "wrong" answer, but I can assure you that the confidence and conviction you put in your answer will be tested.

If any of you guys would like more input on how I prepared for this interview, please feel free to PM me. I know how stressful this can be. I won't be able to give you specific questions, but I can definitely give you insight on what to expect and hopefully give some helpful tips. Good luck to everyone else who's hoping to interview and to those of you who are waiting to hear back post-interview! :)

Interviewed 2/6 and got accepted today! (Didn’t receive the email, but the portal indicates I was!)

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know if the interview performance is the only thing considered once you get an interview.. like is it closed file and stuff? cuz i feel like my stats were kinda borderline which I think is why I got the interview offer so last minute... i'm really hoping that they just look at how you do at the interview.. anyone knows anything? also, how many out of those 16 people in one group get accepted?

Unlikely, they typically assign weight to each section of your application.

On average what did people pay for a hotel that was on the list the school provides in the interview invite email? It seems like every place is ~$100/night even with their "discount". Is it always this expensive or is it just because tomorrow is Valentine's Day?

On average what did people pay for a hotel that was on the list the school provides in the interview invite email? It seems like every place is ~$100/night even with their "discount". Is it always this expensive or is it just because tomorrow is Valentine's Day?
Sure stay Best western. Check it out.

I think having significant externships during 4th year is very important - I only had two weeks at Pitt, and those were the best and most productive weeks of dental school. Some schools like ASDOH do 3-4 months, and is basicly a mini-residency. Getting exposure to the real world for an extended time really builds experience and confidence. Seeing two patients a day for a three hour filling each doesn't really do much for you unless you're just starting 3rd year.

I saw this in a separate thread, and was wondering whether anyone who is currently a student here can speak to MWU-IL's opportunities for externships? Do they even have externships?

Definitely cheaper than all the hotels they provided, thanks man! Still comparing this to an airbnb
I paid less than $70 after taxes for a room at the comfort inn about ~5 mins away from the school. Nice room too. Definitely recommend!

Accepted today at 8:06AM PST via email! Interviewed 1/25. OOS. 19AA. 20 TS. 3.62 Science GPA. 3.68 Overall GPA.

Best thing I can tell to those of you who are preparing to interview here is that the questions aren't what you would consider traditional, but rather ones that question your moral and ethical ground. They aren't by any means difficult and there is obviously no "right" or "wrong" answer, but I can assure you that the confidence and conviction you put in your answer will be tested.

If any of you guys would like more input on how I prepared for this interview, please feel free to PM me. I know how stressful this can be. I won't be able to give you specific questions, but I can definitely give you insight on what to expect and hopefully give some helpful tips. Good luck to everyone else who's hoping to interview and to those of you who are waiting to hear back post-interview! :)

hi, I just got an interview invite today and scheduled it next Tuesday so I'm kinda nervous about the interview and how to prepare for it because I never had a MMI interview before, so if you give me tips on how to prepare and how the interview procedure is like, that would be great.

hi, I just got an interview invite today and scheduled it next Tuesday so I'm kinda nervous about the interview and how to prepare for it because I never had a MMI interview before, so if you give me tips on how to prepare and how the interview procedure is like, that would be great.

Sent you a PM :)

Hello, I just got an interview invite for March 15 I am so nervous because it is such a late interview date. Anything you can tell me to be prepared for the interview would be greatly appreciated!

Hello, if anyone on the 20th is going to re-schedule their interview please let me know. My current interview date is not the most ideal for my schedule.
Thanks, and good luck to everyone!!!!!!

Hello, I just got an interview invite for March 15 I am so nervous because it is such a late interview date. Anything you can tell me to be prepared for the interview would be greatly appreciated!

PM'd you as well! Good luck!

HI! I just got an interview invite 3 days ago and my interview is on March 13th. This is my first and only interview this cycle so I need to make it count!! Any help at all would be AMAZING. Thank you!

HI! I just got an interview invite 3 days ago and my interview is on March 13th. This is my first and only interview this cycle so I need to make it count!! Any help at all would be AMAZING. Thank you!

Just got out of my interview today, it is the most laid back process by far. Can't really prepare for it, just be confident and relaxed.

Just got out of my interview today, it is the most laid back process by far. Can't really prepare for it, just be confident and relaxed.
I interviewed today and agree! It was great! Don’t worry and just be yourself.

I selected March 13th as my interview date a few days ago because it was the only option I had, however, I looked again today and I saw March 15th was added. Am I allowed to switch dates if i wanted too?

I selected March 13th as my interview date a few days ago because it was the only option I had, however, I looked again today and I saw March 15th was added. Am I allowed to switch dates if i wanted too?
Yeah I rescheduled and had no problems

Had an interview today! Really enjoyed the process ! During one of my MMI stations I cried though. The question was about overcoming failure and I just began talking about everything I overcame and the deaths of 2 immediate family members (my sister died a few months ago) and I began to cry. Not sobbing like I was still able to answer my question but wondering if I killed my chances ??? Does that reflect on me poorly??

Had an interview today! Really enjoyed the process ! During one of my MMI stations I cried though. The question was about overcoming failure and I just began talking about everything I overcame and the deaths of 2 immediate family members (my sister died a few months ago) and I began to cry. Not sobbing like I was still able to answer my question but wondering if I killed my chances ??? Does that reflect on me poorly??

it could seem as unprofessional. but if it's just one station, you should be fine

Nah I don't think it reflects poorly at all.

Nah I don't think it reflects poorly at all.
I mean Just had some tears rolling down for about a minute and I was able to answer the question and follow ups and left the interview on a positive note. Lol hopefully the guy who interviewed me doesn’t red flag me. Oh well guess I’ll find out soon

I mean Just had some tears rolling down for about a minute and I was able to answer the question and follow ups and left the interview on a positive note. Lol hopefully the guy who interviewed me doesn’t red flag me. Oh well guess I’ll find out soon

I don't think you would be "flagged" for being a human being with emotions.

I don't think you would be "flagged" for being a human being with emotions.
Thanks! Lol I think I'm just psyching myself out because I really loved everything about the school and would love to have an acceptance from them. We'll see how it goes :)

Did anyone send thank yous after the interview or is that not appropriate for an MMI format?

Those who interviewed late Feb, when are we supposed to hear back?

Anyone know any close, cheap great apartment options

Does anyone know approximately how full the class is? I’m interviewing on March 13th. Am I interviewing for an actual spot in the class or just a waitlist spot?

Does anyone know approximately how full the class is? I’m interviewing on March 13th. Am I interviewing for an actual spot in the class or just a waitlist spot?
I don't have any definitive proof but I'm pretty sure you are still interviewing for a spot. The class size is really large and they conduct most of their interviews post-December so I think you still have a good chance. Just stay positive .... (as I keep refreshing my email every 30 mins :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.