LIU c/o 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No I’m just confused why nobody has heard anything yet
Ah ok thanks :). My guess is that they are trying to figure out how many more acceptances to send based on the amount of people who are accepting the first offers they sent out. Best of luck to all of us!

Members don't see this ad.

Ah ok thanks :). My guess is that they are trying to figure out how many more acceptances to send based on the amount of people who are accepting the first offers they sent out. Best of luck to all of us!

I agree with this. Someone said that in the past they have waited to see how many people accept offers from the first waves and then they use that info to send out the final wave of acceptances. So far there’s only 25 people in the LIU-CVM Facebook page, so it seems like there’s still a lot of seats open!!

Reactions: 1 users
I am really hoping this is the week!It is already getting to mid march and they said early march!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone reached out to them recently about their timeline? It is nearly mid march and haven't heard anything for those interviewed.

Did anyone else get the admitted students day email that looks a little weird, and it also has no link to rsvp?

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone else get the admitted students day email that looks a little weird, and it also has no link to rsvp?
Nothing from them since 2/14, the general update email.

Has anyone reached out to them recently about their timeline? It is nearly mid march and haven't heard anything for those interviewed.
LIU CVM is currently on spring break, so I would not be surprised if you have to wait till next week

I’m a little discouraged that they sent the admitted students day information and haven’t sent anymore acceptances

I’m a little discouraged that they sent the admitted students day information and haven’t sent anymore acceptances
I totally understand this. Feeling the same. My guess is that they sent out a full class of acceptances during in January. There are currently 28 people in the accepted students Facebook group. In the years passed they have had 106/7- their full class. So, I do think they will be sending out more acceptances. Holding out hope for us.

I'm thinking they're prioritizing that to maybe give a little nudge/encourage accepted applicants who have yet to accept their spot to make up their minds, so they can move forward and see how many spots they can offer? there may be people waiting to accept to see if they got into another school

Members don't see this ad :)
I totally understand this. Feeling the same. My guess is that they sent out a full class of acceptances during in January. There are currently 28 people in the accepted students Facebook group. In the years passed they have had 106/7- their full class. So, I do think they will be sending out more acceptances. Holding out hope for us.
28 out of 106/7 isn't that many lol that's only roughly like 25% of the class

I'm thinking they're prioritizing that to maybe give a little nudge/encourage accepted applicants who have yet to accept their spot to make up their minds, so they can move forward and see how many spots they can offer? there may be people waiting to accept to see if they got into another school

I agree with this. Also important to remember that LIU is a new school and they probably don’t have a lot of data yet regarding how many people accept their offers. They probably have to go slow and play it by ear bc of this

I’m hoping they at least release more decisions before April 17th or if they are just defaulting to waitlist. I want to email but don’t want to be annoying

I just tried to call this morning, and no one answered. Has anyone had any luck in just calling them? I just don’t know if I should just give up hope at this point and get ready to reapply next year

Does anyone know if there is an online option for admitted students day? I won't be able to attend in person but would love to zoom in and hear some of the information being shared.

Does anyone think we’ll hear back this week (in regards to acceptances/alternates/rejections)? I’m getting nervous since commitment day for most vet. school’s programs is coming up in ~3 weeks. The deadline will be here in less than a month from now.

Does anyone know if there is an online option for admitted students day? I won't be able to attend in person but would love to zoom in and hear some of the information being shared.
Yes, I contacted them about this and there is a zoom session: "We will be having a zoom session in April also for admitted students who can’t make the April 1st date. There will be more information to follow about that, as well as the fall semester later in April."

The fb still only has 27 people so I’m hopeful but also confused

I called and got the standard answer they were doing rolling admissions. They said they had no waitlist formed yet? When I asked if they were admitting any students by April 1 on admitted students day they said they couldn’t answer

I called and got the standard answer they were doing rolling admissions. They said they had no waitlist formed yet? When I asked if they were admitting any students by April 1 on admitted students day they said they couldn’t answer

I think they said in their February email that waitlist were not gonna be released until the acceptance deadline :/

Maybe this week *crossing all my fingers*

Reactions: 2 users
This truly is the most painful wait I’ve had in my 3 years applying to vet school ahha

• Haha
I’m a little disappointed that 75% of the class won’t be able to go to accepted students day tbh

I’m honestly assuming that we won’t hear back until April 17th because not everyone is going to make decisions until decision day, so why send out more acceptances you know? Hopefully they’ll revamp the process next year

I’m honestly assuming that we won’t hear back until April 17th because not everyone is going to make decisions until decision day, so why send out more acceptances you know? Hopefully they’ll revamp the process next year
It would be nice to know if they have sent out all acceptances or not because I have to accept a deposit by April 15th for multiple other schools I have been accepted to

It would be nice to know if they have sent out all acceptances or not because I have to accept a deposit by April 15th for multiple other schools I have been accepted to

I had to turn down an offer from Massey because they required a decision March 15 and Long Island still hadn’t let me know :/ I made a mistake making LIU my #1

I agree with Tori- I think we will hear back after April 17. I think they sent out a full class in January

What is the point in the vagueness from them though? I can’t handle it

I’m just so tired of keeping my hopes up as well as refreshing my gmail. I just want to know if I need to start my reapplication process at this point.

I’m just so tired of keeping my hopes up as well as refreshing my gmail. I just want to know if I need to start my reapplication process at this point.

I’ve accepted that I’m reapplying in January 2024

I’ve accepted that I’m reapplying in January 2024
I was told by someone in the administration, (Vet dept), that they will send out a wave of acceptances on the 17th of April, and thereafter.

I was told by someone in the administration, (Vet dept), that they will send out a wave of acceptances on the 17th of April, and thereafter.
Oh wow so people will have to decide day of

Unfortunately yes. Which means, you will most likely lose your deposit once you commit to a vet school, and decide to choose LIU once they contact you.

I don't think you will have to decide the day of. Last year they sent out acceptances after/on Decision day and gave us a couple days to make our decision and submit deposit.

I’ve committed somewhere else already but still haven’t heard from LIU and I just think its really unfair to not give people ample time to make informed decisions. I also don’t think there’s anyway they sent out a full class. It seems highly unlikely.

There are some people who are uprooting their entire lives for this. People who have to move their families / kids / homes / travel across country. It seems very inconsiderate to be like “Hi we know the deadline for most schools has passed already soooo here’s your acceptance you have a week to decide! Thanks!” I took like 2-3 weeks of talking to people and researching the area / COL / curriculum before committing. I know everyone’s different but I think everyone should have time to think it over.

It just leave people with a very sour taste of LIU in their mouth. And I’ve been defending them because they’re new but having people wait until April is just….not okay. To also be so vague is just off all around. I wish everyone luck whose still waiting on an answer.

Reactions: 4 users
I’ve committed somewhere else already but still haven’t heard from LIU and I just think its really unfair to not give people ample time to make informed decisions. I also don’t think there’s anyway they sent out a full class. It seems highly unlikely.

There are some people who are uprooting their entire lives for this. People who have to move their families / kids / homes / travel across country. It seems very inconsiderate to be like “Hi we know the deadline for most schools has passed already soooo here’s your acceptance you have a week to decide! Thanks!” I took like 2-3 weeks of talking to people and researching the area / COL / curriculum before committing. I know everyone’s different but I think everyone should have time to think it over.

It just leave people with a very sour taste of LIU in their mouth. And I’ve been defending them because they’re new but having people wait until April is just….not okay. To also be so vague is just off all around. I wish everyone luck whose still waiting on an answer.
To give my personal POV and add onto this. I am an second time applicant. Last year I applied to LIU and was told 3 days before classes started that I was accepted off the waitlist. To say it left a sour taste in my mouth is an understatement. I understand life happens and sometimes things are last minute but as much as we respect Universities, our time and lives should also be respected. Thankfully I will be accepting my seat at another institution this year. I was hoping LIU would be more direct with communications this year but seems not. I am sure its a great University for education but to me, communication is key.

Hello All! I was accepted to the LIU program, but honestly it was alittle higher than my ideal budget, so unsure if I'll attend or go to united kingom, which is 80k cheaper. I have lots of friends and family near LIU which makes it a more ideal choice, but between the price and how new the program is, I'm still debating.
Any advice?