LIU c/o 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm attending LIU in the fall of 2024 and am looking at my options for housing. I understand the high COL in NY, however, I was wondering if anyone lives alone and how you manage that? I was looking in the Glen Cove/Glen Head area and found a couple options but not sure if there are other more affordable areas. I'm also curious how anyone goes about housing during clinical year when you're traveling every few weeks for rotations? I have a cat and I don't even know how I'm going to manage traveling so much with him. I'm open to living with one roommate but my cat is animal aggressive and gets stressed when there's more than 2 people in a home, which is why I'm either living alone or with one other person. If anyone can offer me any advice I'd appreciate it :) I do understand I may get some harsh feedback and criticism for wanting to live alone in an expensive area, however, at this time I'd really appreciate genuine advice so I can make adjustments if it truly is impossible. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.