LIU c/o 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yelenaMV

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Didn’t find one, so I thought I would start a thread for Long Island University!
submitted my applications :giggle: good luck to all!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Wooohoo! I just submitted mine as well. Good luck to you and everyone else!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a first year at LIU if anyone has questions. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
First time OOS! Anyone heard back yet???
Nope, I suppose it’s too early to hear anything. Looks like last year invites for interview were sent mid Dec.

Last edited:
I got my casper quartile results back and scored in the 3rd quartile. How much does this matter? Is this considered a good score in the eyes of an admissions committee?

Hey everyone, third time applicant here. This is my second time applying to LIUCVM. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, just received an email from dean of admissions confirming my in progress/planned courses. Hopefully this is a good sign?!?

Hi everyone, just received an email from dean of admissions confirming my in progress/planned courses. Hopefully this is a good sign?!?

did it seem generic or personalized? and did they request you to verify in progress or was it more just saying “here’s your in progress stuff”

It seemed personal. The assistant dean of admissions (Laurie) reached out to me. I have two prerequisites left. I am taking one this semester and one in the spring. She wanted to be sure that information was accurate. I responded and said it was accurate. She emailed me back and said she would clarify that in my file. Also, just as extra info…this is my second time applying; and first time applying to LIUCVM, so not completely sure what to expect.

Just got an email that my application is under review! Said interview invites will be sent before 12/16!

Confirmation email received as well! Does anyone know if they send invites out in waves until 12/16 or all at once?

Confirmation email received as well! Does anyone know if they send invites out in waves until 12/16 or all at once?
Current first year at LIU, they send out interview invites in multiple waves. Also make sure you check your spam folder regularly as some emails from LIU end up there.

Current first year at LIU, they send out interview invites in multiple waves. Also make sure you check your spam folder regularly as some emails from LIU end up there.
Thanks for answering!

Has anyone received any interview invite emails yet? I know it will be before December 16th but if they send it out in multiple waves maybe some people have already heard something.

Do you remember when they sent out the first wave of interviews?

Did some sleuthing around on last year’s forums and I think the email we got from LIU was just badly worded. Last year they sent out the first wave of interviews on 12/16. Then they sent out the second and third waves in January and February. So I think the email tells us when they expect to send out their first wave of invites.

Reactions: 3 users
Do you remember when they sent out the first wave of interviews?
I believe it was in mid to late December, and then they continued with invites through February.

The anxiety is building by the day...

tomorrow should be the day guys! i am still unsure if everyone will find out or if emails will be going out in waves but I guess we will find out for sure tomorrow (hopefully)

Reactions: 4 users
Can someone give me a little insight please. If I were not to recieve an email in the first "wave", what signficance does that have? Also, does anyone know, do they send out denials before interview invites? Sorry, the anxiety has my mind racing.

Can someone give me a little insight please. If I were not to recieve an email in the first "wave", what signficance does that have? Also, does anyone know, do they send out denials before interview invites? Sorry, the anxiety has my mind racing.
Last year, they sent out interviews in waves until January. But this year we got that email saying we would know by today, so I’m not really sure what to expect this year. If there is waves, the first wave is the most competitive applicants first. But that doesn’t mean you won’t get in if you receive an interview on a later wave.

I just got an MMI invite!!! Check your emails!!! 🥳

shoot i don’t see anything in my email or even my spam so i’m gonna assume that’s probably bad news lol

• Care
Anyone else unable to enter their VMCAS ID into the interview sign up or is that just me lol