England - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PippyPony

not a wolf
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dawn broke over the Salisbury Plain, bathing the green fields in a yellow light. In the center of the expanse, a small ring-like earthen mound could be seen, encasing a taller circular structure made of large tree trunks and adorned with mistletoe. As the rays hit the large branches and illuminated the center, a tall woman in gossamer robes lifted her hands to the sky. Slowly, the light began consolidating and crackling unnaturally around her outstretched palms until the air was thick with the smell of ozone and the sunlight bent in ribbons around her.

Morgaine opened her eyes wide in apprehension. They were here. Or at least-- they would be. Her sense of time was distorted since she last set foot in the circle. It could have been a thousand years in Avalon or ten, but the years and distance did not matter now. Only the direction of time was important for her current task.
She bent her head in concentration and pushed the dawn's energy out through the trees, sending it coursing across the countryside in a radiant pattern like spokes on a wheel.

"Let it be enough," she whispered.

~~~~~
Coat_of_Arms_of_Edward_IV_of_England_(1461-1483).svg.png

england game title.png

A game by @PippyPony
with special thanks to @Trilt

Game Structure.png

ᚷᚪᛘᛖ ᛋᛏᚱᚢᚳᛏᚢᚱᛖ

General Setup & Rules
  • Unless otherwise specified, vote close will be at 9pm Eastern and night close will be at 9am Eastern. Days will last 36 hours and Nights will last 12 hours. The first cycle of the game will not follow this timeline. Cycle timing is subject to change without notice.
  • No screenshots. No direct quoting of mod PMs.
  • No communication about the game is allowed outside of mod-defined communication channels. Please add me to all player-created PMs.
  • There is no participation requirement, but minimums and maximums may be imposed at moderator discretion.
  • Ties will be resolved via player mechanics.
Special Mechanics
  • This game contains a role class modifier mechanic. Roles with special class modifiers are associated with unique properties that typically apply to all roles in a class. A description of the major role class mechanic -- the Monarchy -- will be delineated in a following post. Some player roles have multiple class modifiers; some roles have none.
  • We will start this game on a Prime Minister election cycle. The Prime Minister elected during this first cycle will be given special abilities -- essentially granting the role a unique role class. The Prime Minister election will end at 9pm Eastern tonight, at which point we will enter a short 12 hour Night Zero (N0). During N0, items will become activated and certain types of abilities will be locked. After N0 concludes at 9am tomorrow morning, we will proceed with a 36-hour day and 12-hour night cycle.
  • Multiple times throughout the game, there will be unstoppable, historic game-wide events. These planned, mod-triggered events will be clearly delineated from player-triggered events.
  • In general, you may choose one other player in your location to communicate with via PM. Choose your companions wisely, because unless they (or you) die or are relocated, you will not be able to open additional PMs. Exceptions exist.

players and locations.png

ᛈᛚᚪᛁᛖᚱᛋ × ᛚᚩᚳᚪᛏᛡᚾᛋ
London.png

yorkshire and the north.png

oxford & cambridge.png

cornwall.png

parts unknown.png

Arise, good people of England.
Prepare to defend Queen and Country!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users

This game contains a special role class mechanic, which means that some roles fall into at least one category outside of affiliation. If you play video games or D&D, you can think of this as a job class system. Role class determines whether you possess certain abilities and limitations beyond those granted to you by your individual role. One of the most prominent special role classes in the game is the Monarchy.

Royals do not participate in the democratic process.
This means they cannot vote in public elections, nor can they be elected to Parliament.

Of course, it's not all bad to be a stuffy ceremonial relic sucking away tax dollars. Members of the royal family receive some unique benefits as befitting their exalted station in English society.

A word of caution -- if you belong to a special role class (or classes), you may find there are both benefits and drawbacks to sharing that information on a broader scale.

• Hmm
Reactions: 6 users
table of contents.png

1. The Druid's Prayer - Intro Post & Rules
2. Only in Parliament - Prime Minister double election
3. Prologue, Verona: An Ode to Death - Night Zero write up (Green & Pleasant Land - killing roles null, items activated)
4. Foxy Locksley - Day One write up (April ousted)
5. Of Teapots, Tempests and Thatchers - Night One write up (SAR, VMH, Telemarketing killed)
6. How do you like them apples? - Day Two write up (Viscernable ousted)
7. TARDIS Twist - Night Two write up (no one dies)
8. ENIGMA - Day Three interlude (Zenge shot)
9. The Ripper wrecked - Day Three write up (MKG ousted)
10. Dance of Death - Night Three write up (Bobloblaw killed, The Black Death arrives, Bread is dead)
11. For England? - Day Four interlude (Alissa shot)
12. Humbug - Day Four write up (Sunshine ousted)
13. Past the Prime Meridian - Night Four write up (DocE and AM killed)
14. Phoenix Rising - Day Five write up part 1
15. Not in Nottingham - Day Five write up (Finn ousted for real)
16. Goodbye John - Night Five write up (Dubz killed)
17. The Naked Truth - Day Six write up (Stagg ousted)
18. The Lost Chronicles - Night Six write up (genny and alleycat killed)
19. The Reclamation of Cair Paravel - Day Seven write up (Sporty ousted)
20. MI-86'd - Night Seven write up (Crayola and capri killed)
21. Lances Up - Day Eight write up (no one dies)
22. Down in flames and a Fata Morgana - Night Eight write up (Ms P killed, the Fire of London toasts items)
23. The Great British Bake Off!!
24. Lances Up^2 - Day Nine write up
25. The Love That Stands the Test - Game End
26. The Dearest and the Best - Superlatives

sh060_styleframe.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hold for TOC

I dont know what this means, but upside of working nights is - I can be the first person to post.

edit: since this is clearly not a game post (its not) I dont feel bad editing. Let me just note that I didnt realize you posted in another thread that you wanted multiple posts in a row to post your stuff so I'm just gonna see myself out (all in this spoiler)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
First :heckyeah:
Ps i will be at work today but I’ll try my best

• Care
  • Hmm
Pippy says we can post now guys! Y'all still asleep or something? ;)

players and locations.png

ᛈᛚᚪᛁᛖᚱᛋ × ᛚᚩᚳᚪᛏᛡᚾᛋ
London.png

@The_Breadmann@alissa14@TelemarketingEnigma@mkg323@alleycat03@LetItSnow@sunshinefl@WildZoo
yorkshire and the north.png

@samac@Animal Midwife@SARdoghandler@Aprilthearab@finnickthedog
oxford & cambridge.png

@Viscernable@DocEspana@vetmedhead@Stagg737@Zenge142
cornwall.png

@Capri@Barkley13@Ms Procrastinator@Dinashadow@BobLoblaw78
parts unknown.png

@supershorty@SportPonies@genny@Cyndia@Crayola227

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Elect The Right Honourable MsP!

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Elect The Right Honourable MsP!
Booo shameless self vote

gotta warm an elector up with some campaigning before diving straight into trying to elect yourself! We’re informed voters here in England :pompous::=|:-):

Can’t find it said explicitly, but we can start PMs with our neighbours any time, correct? Or are we waiting for an event or N0 to be allowed to?

Reactions: 1 user
The one time I’m in a car driven by someone else and have uninterrupted ww time and its before basically anyone’s had time to post :mad:

Thinking on the election today - does it seem likely some wolves will deliberately avoid voting to fakeclaim being royal? Not that royals couldn’t be wolves (I’d argue that it would pretty apt thematically). Writeup says they have special privileges, which could be protective, and if wolves know that then they may want to claim it to have a cover for not being NKed.

yeet elect samac

Can’t find it said explicitly, but we can start PMs with our neighbours any time, correct? Or are we waiting for an event or N0 to be allowed to?
thats how I read it! but since we can only open one I'm holding off for now

• Hmm
  • Care
In general, you may choose one other player in your location to communicate with via PM. Choose your companions wisely, because unless they (or you) die or are relocated, you will not be able to open additional PMs. Exceptions exist.
Clarification needed... we can each choose a person to PM or we each get 1 PM and are effectively paired off?

Like, hypothetically if everyone in a group wanted to choose the same person could that person have 4 PMs because they didn't start most of them?

Reactions: 5 users
Yup.

Elect samac
She was a great mayor in Cartoons.
Elect Samac
because i feel bad about accidentally killing her in cartoons, thanks shorty

Also are we doing yeet votes yet or not till tomorrow? cause I've got a salt vote to put on AM after all my yelling from the goat pasture

Thinking on the election today - does it seem likely some wolves will deliberately avoid voting to fakeclaim being royal? Not that royals couldn’t be wolves (I’d argue that it would pretty apt thematically). Writeup says they have special privileges, which could be protective, and if wolves know that then they may want to claim it to have a cover for not being NKed.
def a reasonable concern - how effective it would be would depend if any of the royals know who the others are?

• Care
  • Hmm
Like, hypothetically if everyone in a group wanted to choose the same person could that person have 4 PMs because they didn't start most of them?
This exactly!

You could end up with multiple -- as long as it's in your location group, it's fair game if all of them want to open a PM with you.

I'm here!! I am virtually judging high school congressional debate today, and I am currently listening to teenagers debate whether or not we should tax gas-powered cars. I will try to check in throughout the day, but I won't be done until late afternoon.

I thought she did a really great job with the role in the cartoons game, and while this one might be a bit different, I think she’d do well

• Hmm
  • Care
Honestly I loved being mayor in the noob game so imma be selfish and
Elect Samac

Also we might have some people waking up late considering we were on Jackbox at 3 am :whistle:

Also I love PMs so choosing one person in my group is hard :laugh:

• Haha
Elect Samac
because i feel bad about accidentally killing her in cartoons, thanks shorty

Also are we doing yeet votes yet or not till tomorrow? cause I've got a salt vote to put on AM after all my yelling from the goat pasture

def a reasonable concern - how effective it would be would depend if any of the royals know who the others are?
You can salt vote whenever you want.
Which reminds me,
yeet cray

Reactions: 1 users
Elect SAR

I like the Samac vote too but I'd like to change it up from the noob game. And because manator :)

• Hmm
  • Love
Elect SAR

I like the Samac vote too but I'd like to change it up from the noob game. And because manator :)
If I can’t get your PM vote can I get your other PM? That’s the most important campaign here :naughty:
see what I did there? That’s the kind of cleverness you can have in your PMs!

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
If I can’t get your PM vote can I get your other PM? That’s the most important campaign here :naughty:
Samac I thought you had a date tonight? Yet here you are trying to slide into April's PMs... shame, shame

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
What, you already used your PM on someone else? 😲

Booo shameless self vote

gotta warm an elector up with some campaigning before diving straight into trying to elect yourself! We’re informed voters here in England :pompous::=|:-):
Hello everyone. Being prime minister would be dope. Thank you

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
The odds of me getting up pre-0500 to be first is always going to be zero especially if SDN neglects to give me a tag notification.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users