England - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
b a n s h e e w a i l
I mean

To be fair

That wasn't useful to village

So I declare my point stands

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm yes this is 100% believable

Hahaha even I know it's not. But would you rather have me silently slinking in the background, potentially being a wolf and not drawing newbie attention?

No ma'am. I am going to be right out upfront saying "look at me" and trying to get that prime minister job. And why?

Because I want to adopt Larry the Cat, Chief Mouser
larry-cat.jpg

• Love
  • Hmm
Reactions: 10 users
Hahaha even I know it's not. But would you rather have me silently slinking in the background, potentially being a wolf and not drawing newbie attention?

No ma'am. I am going to be right out upfront saying "look at me" and trying to get that prime minister job. And why?

Because I want to adopt Larry the Cat, Chief Mouser
View attachment 333491
You say that like those of us who know you wouldn't immediately call you out for being under the radar :laugh:

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Prime Minister Tally

SAR - Dubz, SAR, April, AM, alissa, vetmedhead
Ms P - Ms P, sunshine, barkley
Samac - supershorty, mkg323, Telemarketing, samac
Shorty - zenge, dina
DocE - DocE, genny
capri1722 - capri1722

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Here is my pitch:

I always say to elect someone who doesn't want to be elected that way they can get heightened scrutiny. And I always do not want to be it, because I will always get more scrutiny anyway. But this time..... This time is different.

1. Most of you all don't know me. 2. I encourage said scrutiny (just how I feel comfortable). And 3. This will give me some skin in the game.

Elect DocE
This is some like 12th level reverse psychology ****.

• Hmm
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Responding to mentions, not caught up.
Please say deadline is not tonight at 7 pm. I need to go do errands and the speed game at 4 pm.

• Care
Dawn broke over the Salisbury Plain, bathing the green fields in a yellow light. In the center of the expanse, a small ring-like earthen mound could be seen, encasing a taller circular structure made of large tree trunks and adorned with mistletoe. As the rays hit the large branches and illuminated the center, a tall woman in gossamer robes lifted her hands to the sky. Slowly, the light began consolidating and crackling unnaturally around her outstretched palms until the air was thick with the smell of ozone and the sunlight bent in ribbons around her.

Morgaine opened her eyes wide in apprehension. They were here. Or at least-- they would be. Her sense of time was distorted since she last set foot in the circle. It could have been a thousand years in Avalon or ten, but the years and distance did not matter now. Only the direction of time was important for her current task.
She bent her head in concentration and pushed the dawn's energy out through the trees, sending it coursing across the countryside in a radiant pattern like spokes on a wheel.

"Let it be enough," she whispered.

~~~~~
View attachment 333462
View attachment 333461
A game by @PippyPony
with special thanks to @Trilt

View attachment 333463
ᚷᚪᛘᛖ ᛋᛏᚱᚢᚳᛏᚢᚱᛖ

General Setup & Rules
  • Unless otherwise specified, vote close will be at 9pm Eastern and night close will be at 9am Eastern. Days will last 36 hours and Nights will last 12 hours. The first cycle of the game will not follow this timeline. Cycle timing is subject to change without notice.
  • No screenshots. No direct quoting of mod PMs.
  • No communication about the game is allowed outside of mod-defined communication channels. Please add me to all player-created PMs.
  • There is no participation requirement, but minimums and maximums may be imposed at moderator discretion.
  • Ties will be resolved via player mechanics.
Special Mechanics
  • This game contains a role class modifier mechanic. Roles with special class modifiers are associated with unique properties that typically apply to all roles in a class. A description of the major role class mechanic -- the Monarchy -- will be delineated in a following post. Some player roles have multiple class modifiers; some roles have none.
  • We will start this game on a Prime Minister election cycle. The Prime Minister elected during this first cycle will be given special abilities -- essentially granting the role a unique role class. The Prime Minister election will end at 9pm Eastern tonight, at which point we will enter a short 12 hour Night Zero (N0). During N0, items will become activated and certain types of abilities will be locked. After N0 concludes at 9am tomorrow morning, we will proceed with a 36-hour day and 12-hour night cycle.
  • Multiple times throughout the game, there will be unstoppable, historic game-wide events. These planned, mod-triggered events will be clearly delineated from player-triggered events.
  • In general, you may choose one other player in your location to communicate with via PM. Choose your companions wisely, because unless they (or you) die or are relocated, you will not be able to open additional PMs. Exceptions exist.

View attachment 333464
ᛈᛚᚪᛁᛖᚱᛋ × ᛚᚩᚳᚪᛏᛡᚾᛋ
View attachment 333465
View attachment 333466
View attachment 333467
View attachment 333468

View attachment 333469

Arise, good people of England.
Prepare to defend Queen and Country!

This answered some qs. I'm noticing most groups are 5, and only one is 7. Wondering if related to role modifiers.

• Hmm
This answered some qs. I'm noticing most groups are 5, and only one is 7. Wondering if related to role modifiers.
I thought it was just because London is a big and popular city.

This is some like 12th level reverse psychology ****.

I have failed the Google algorithm and this is no longer true, but a few years ago you could google image search my username and the second or third image hit was a meme of the juggernaut stating "DocE. Stop f***ing with my head." And the next hit after that was the "you think this is a game" cat somehow tagged to my name on the Google algorithm.

I'm happy to hear you respect the levels of psychological hoops I jumped through before I decided running for PM was a good idea.

• Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
The one time I’m in a car driven by someone else and have uninterrupted ww time and its before basically anyone’s had time to post :mad:

Thinking on the election today - does it seem likely some wolves will deliberately avoid voting to fakeclaim being royal? Not that royals couldn’t be wolves (I’d argue that it would pretty apt thematically). Writeup says they have special privileges, which could be protective, and if wolves know that then they may want to claim it to have a cover for not being NKed.
It would be pretty ballsy for a wolf to give up their vote, and to assume the actual royals don't know one another.

And they don't know if royals can't be NK.

This doesn't make too much sense.

What is your motivation here?

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Thinking on the election today - does it seem likely some wolves will deliberately avoid voting to fakeclaim being royal? Not that royals couldn’t be wolves (I’d argue that it would pretty apt thematically). Writeup says they have special privileges, which could be protective, and if wolves know that then they may want to claim it to have a cover for not being NKed.
def a reasonable concern - how effective it would be would depend if any of the royals know who the others are?
This exchange is pinging me a little bit, feels weird to start making mechanics-type hypotheses so early on. There were very few votes even placed yet.

• Hmm
Reactions: 5 users
This exchange is pinging me a little bit, feels weird to start making mechanics-type hypotheses so early on. There were very few votes even placed yet.
You know me, I like hairbrained theories.
I think it’s not unreasonable as we’ll know who royals are by end of day. If wolves like who the PM vote is on I wouldn’t be surprised if they kept off the vote for some WIFOM type stuff.

If I can’t get your PM vote can I get your other PM? That’s the most important campaign here :naughty:
see what I did there? That’s the kind of cleverness you can have in your PMs!
This is weird. It doesn't feel jokey. It feels like strat trying to be jokey.

Here is my pitch:

I always say to elect someone who doesn't want to be elected that way they can get heightened scrutiny. And I always do not want to be it, because I will always get more scrutiny anyway. But this time..... This time is different.

1. Most of you all don't know me. 2. I encourage said scrutiny (just how I feel comfortable). And 3. This will give me some skin in the game.

Elect DocE
There is so much wrong with this post I just don't even. But my goal was to get through a page before starting my errands. I will pick this back up.

• Hmm
This is weird. It doesn't feel jokey. It feels like strat trying to be jokey.
Why yes, I would like April to PM me. As I said later so I can have 2 PMs.
My big secret strategy? I like PMs.

• Haha
Wait, I didn't see this on first read through. I am not a fan.

• Hmm
To add to this, it also feels a little weird to me that Vissy said that and hasn't placed a vote. Not voting yet by itself isn't that weird, but in combination with that statement, feels a little odd.

• Wow
  • Hmm
Reactions: 6 users
There is so much wrong with this post I just don't even. But my goal was to get through a page before starting my errands. I will pick this back up.

I love you too. You know this game will be more fun with me being very involved. #rollthedice. You can at least trust me to wield any power i get like a cudgel and you know if I'm not a wolf (pinky swear I'm not) I'm going to go full force into lupine extermination mode. I don't see a downside except for the obvious one where I am a bit of a Spanish Inquisitor. That's just my playstyle.

Anyway. Nap time. Working the night shift tonight

• Hmm
I thought it was just because London is a big and popular city.
Meanwhile I just looked to see where I was and didn’t pay much attention to the other groups
Yeah especially with something that there’s no way to even get answers on right now
I think it’s not unreasonable as we’ll know who royals are by end of day.
What

• Haha
Meanwhile I just looked to see where I was and didn’t pay much attention to the other groups

Yeah especially with something that there’s no way to even get answers on right now

What
Per the post they can’t vote in elections.

You know me, I like hairbrained theories.
I think it’s not unreasonable as we’ll know who royals are by end of day. If wolves like who the PM vote is on I wouldn’t be surprised if they kept off the vote for some WIFOM type stuff.
I know I'm more pro-mechanics talk and that other people don't like it as much, but I don't think it's that odd of a hypothesis to bring up - unless there's a way that royals can pretend vote, we'll know at the end of the day who did or didn't participate. We can't know the ultimate implications of all of it yet, but that's one of the very few things we do know at this point :shrug:
To add to this, it also feels a little weird to me that Vissy said that and hasn't placed a vote. Not voting yet by itself isn't that weird, but in combination with that statement, feels a little odd.
This is a fair point

We can't know the ultimate implications of all of it yet, but that's one of the very few things we do know at this point
This is why I prefer not to speculate on mechanics unless we have convincing evidence of something - like we did in the Bioshock game with one of the wolf yeets. Otherwise it's too easy to go down a rabbit hole that isn't actually anything, and it's an easy way for wolves to lead the village astray.

JMHO.

Reactions: 6 users