England - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Made it on thread before AM. Is the world coming to an end?!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I can't help it most youse sleep before 0000 and can therefore afford a 0900 daystart. Triggering.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Here is my pitch:

I always say to elect someone who doesn't want to be elected that way they can get heightened scrutiny. And I always do not want to be it, because I will always get more scrutiny anyway. But this time..... This time is different.

1. Most of you all don't know me. 2. I encourage said scrutiny (just how I feel comfortable). And 3. This will give me some skin in the game.

Elect DocE

• Hmm
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Here is my pitch:

I always say to elect someone who doesn't want to be elected that way they can get heightened scrutiny. And I always do not want to be it, because I will always get more scrutiny anyway. But this time..... This time is different.

1. Most of you all don't know me. 2. I encourage said scrutiny (just how I feel comfortable). And 3. This will give me some skin in the game.

Elect DocE
Why is this time different?

Reactions: 1 users
Here is my pitch:

Elect DocE

Also I don't know who 75% of you are and the 25% I do know, I just don't trust because I know what they're capable of.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Also we might have some people waking up late considering we were on Jackbox at 3 am :whistle:
Yupp. Just woke up recently, and then it took a few minutes to be able to see. At baseline I have photosensitive/air sensitive/dry/allergic eyes AND I accidentally gave myself a pretty severe corneal abrasion on Monday AND the optometrist put a contact on there to protect it AND it doesn't fit right so it slides around. So it takes a few rounds of different eye drops and blinking to be able to see. My follow-up is later today and i simultaneously can't wait to get the contact out/am scared to because it's like a bandaid protecting my open eye :/
That explains it, I fell into a wine coma at 1
Yeah we noticed lol. When I logged out at 3am you were still in there (but muted).

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Prime Minister Tally

SAR - Dubz, SAR, April, AM
Ms P - Ms P
Samac - supershorty, mkg323, Telemarketing, samac
Shorty - genny
DocE - DocE

Reactions: 1 user
Still not fast enough, choker.
I had to get ready for class an hour away. Classes=job=money=paid internet bill=supported WW habit. I know, next level dedication.

tenor.gif

• Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 7 users
I can't even keep my spreadsheet tabs up to date, you want that kind of organization as Prime Minister?

I like your honesty. That’s a rare thing in politics, which is usually a self serving, nasty business. Jolly good pitch, jolly good!

Elect Shorty

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
I like your honesty. That’s a rare thing in politics, which is usually a self serving, nasty business. Jolly good pitch, jolly good!

Elect Shorty
You want to elect a leader that admits to incompetence. That's new.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
I'm finally awake!

elect shorty

If I elect SAR will she tunnel me less? :unsure:
Let’s find out:heckyeah:
Elect SAR

• Hmm
You want to elect a leader that admits to incompetence. That's new.
It’s something I’ve never seen in politics before. You’ve got to admit, it’s unusual. Maybe just the kind of thing we need to shake things up around here and get things moving.

• Hmm
Reactions: 6 users
Here’s my real pitch:
For one, I spend way too much time on WW. Winning as a neutral on my vacation was one of the highlights of my vacation, so at least you know I’m dedicated.
But my biggest positive, I’m a mediocre player at this game. The Prime Minister could be a huge target for the wolves. If you lose me? No big deal. I’m not that good anyway. You lose shorty? Lose a great mind that does incredible ISO’s and solved Bioshock.
MsP? She had an incredible POE last game.
SAR has much more knowledge than I.
I don’t know doc at all so I can’t comment there.
Thus giving the mediocre player the role of PM and putting a target on my back instead of anyone who is truly useful to village is probably the best bet.
thanks for coming to my Ted talk.

• Hmm
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Ah. I thought there was some deeper motivation.
In the first few hours of a game that represents my first WW in like 2+ years? I may talk a lot of bravado, but let's be honest. I am sort of not at my best right now. I really am doing it just to try to make sure I have motivation to keep my involvement high (only way I'm going to actually do my reputation justice).

For *once* with me. It's not that deep.

• Hmm
omg so toxic. Sleep is for everyone.
I know I’m joking. Sleep is super important and I love sleep. I’m just telling myself this to accept that I stayed up til 3 AM last night and also had to wake up at 7 AM for work

• Wow
  • Care
Here’s my real pitch:
For one, I spend way too much time on WW. Winning as a neutral on my vacation was one of the highlights of my vacation, so at least you know I’m dedicated.
But my biggest positive, I’m a mediocre player at this game. The Prime Minister could be a huge target for the wolves. If you lose me? No big deal. I’m not that good anyway. You lose shorty? Lose a great mind that does incredible ISO’s and solved Bioshock.
Thus giving the mediocre player the role of PM and putting a target on my back instead of anyone who is truly useful to village is probably the best bet.
This is giving me credit that I do not deserve given that I spent the entirety of Bioshock doing ISOs and then having meltdowns over how little I trusted my reads. If anyone solved Bioshock, it was the neutrals.

• Care
I haven’t spreadsheeted in so long I have given up. My spreadsheet to keep a record of my past games has also been neglected for awhile.

• Wow
This is giving me credit that I do not deserve given that I spent the entirety of Bioshock doing ISOs and then having meltdowns over how little I trusted my reads. If anyone solved Bioshock, it was the neutrals.
Dude you actually solved it, started doubting yourself and I role revealed to prove you were right.
you did all the heavy lifting, I just had to blow it up lol

No. But. For real. Vote for me.
#whatstheworstthatcanhappen.

Actually don't answer that otherwise you're all going to honestly consider it and then come for me. I just want more power. But in an honestly "it will be more fun for me" way. Non wolfy non chaos way.

Just do it.

• Haha
  • Hmm
Prime Minister Tally

SAR - Dubz, SAR, April, AM, alissa, vetmedhead
Ms P - Ms P, sunshine
Samac - supershorty, mkg323, Telemarketing, samac
Shorty - genny, zenge, dina
DocE - DocE

I can't even keep my spreadsheet tabs up to date, you want that kind of organization as Prime Minister?
I dunno, have you seen some of these prime ministers? I feel like my no-spreadsheet-keeping, plays-exclusively-on-mobile self would fit right in
Here’s my real pitch:
Oh man, if we're electing based on overall uselessness to village then put me in coach. For reference I was going to joke that I had watched a themed Chopped episode as preparation for this game and then remembered it was Ireland themed... Can't even pretend I was doing UK research or some BS because the game is very explicitly called England

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
I dunno, have you seen some of these prime ministers? I feel like my no-spreadsheet-keeping, plays-exclusively-on-mobile self would fit right in

Oh man, if we're electing based on overall uselessness to village then put me in coach. For reference I was going to joke that I had watched a themed Chopped episode as preparation for this game and then remembered it was Ireland themed... Can't even pretend I was doing UK research or some BS because the game is very explicitly called England
b a n s h e e w a i l

• Haha
  • Love
No. But. For real. Vote for me.
#whatstheworstthatcanhappen.

Actually don't answer that otherwise you're all going to honestly consider it and then come for me. I just want more power. But in an honestly "it will be more fun for me" way. Non wolfy non chaos way.

Just do it.
Hmm yes this is 100% believable

• Hmm