Drexel DPMS 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey YellowGarden, by next week you mean the week of June 7th??! I hope my patience lasts that long lol.. :):xf::xf:

Members don't see this ad.

No, I think they meant June 11th..my jaw dropped when i heard that. That is soooo long from now.

Members don't see this ad :)
I asked Dr. Walker through email and she told me, and I quote, "We should have decisions by thursday".......and she specifically meant this thursday..............I hope that helps you anxious pre-postbacs.

I asked Dr. Walker through email and she told me, and I quote, "We should have decisions by thursday".......and she specifically meant this thursday..............I hope that helps you anxious pre-postbacs.

Hey, so tomorrow, thursday, June 3rd?? Sorry I'm just beyond anxious =/

Hey, so tomorrow, thursday, June 3rd?? Sorry I'm just beyond anxious =/

Yes and yes. I asked her specifically about this week, and that was her response. So we should expect to hear something by tomorrow, and worse case scenario I'm thinking Fri. But yes, she did tell me that they would have decisions by tomorrow Thurs. Which would give us the minimum of 2wks before the program starts.

Stay blessed.

Hey guys I am anxious as well as all of you are...or probably more cuz i interviewed back on april 20. Hopefully we all get the good news tomorow or as soon as possible. have any of you guys thought about life and living in philly? I am from Miami, FL and Im a bit excited about the new change, although I have no clue where to look for housing! Hope to hear from you all soon and my best wishes to all us!!! God bles!!

Hey guys I am anxious as well as all of you are...or probably more cuz i interviewed back on april 20. Hopefully we all get the good news tomorow or as soon as possible. have any of you guys thought about life and living in philly? I am from Miami, FL and Im a bit excited about the new change, although I have no clue where to look for housing! Hope to hear from you all soon and my best wishes to all us!!! God bles!!

I am also from Miami. Philly's winter will take some getting used to. What part of Miami are you from? I graduated from FIU

I really hope i get in...so far this is the only school I've heard from, my job terminates by the end of the month and i really need somewhere to be. I hope those who get accepted become fast friends. I live 2 hours away from Philly in Maryland so if anyone from the other side of the country wants a home cooked meal when we get some dowtime your more than welcome to come over to my place! lol..Bonne Chance everyone! gardez l'espoir :):luck::xf::xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone elses stomach going a little crazy in anticipation? I was looking at last years thread and it looks like they sent out emails in the AM so I am guessing today if not tomorrow.

Your not alone DrHopeful. I swear I think i've developed IBS in the past week from all this anticipation anxiety...

Was just told by admissions this evening or tomorrow AM. Goodluck everyone!:luck:

OMG GREAT to hear it'll be this week. I guess thats what the girl meant. My heart is going to pop out of my chest hahaha GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!

I am also from Miami. Philly's winter will take some getting used to. What part of Miami are you from? I graduated from FIU

Hey XXMICHOXX I a graduated from FIU last year with my bs in bio and minor in biochem. This weekend im graduating with my MPH. Sweet deal dude. When did u graduate? Hope we hear back soon and hopefully we all make and atleast we both would be coming from the same school and town!

Decisions are out! I'll be seeing you guys in a couple of weeks!

Hey XXMICHOXX I a graduated from FIU last year with my bs in bio and minor in biochem. This weekend im graduating with my MPH. Sweet deal dude. When did u graduate? Hope we hear back soon and hopefully we all make and atleast we both would be coming from the same school and town!

I just graduated from FIU with a bs in bio as well. Who knows maybe we know each other lol

Decisions are out! I'll be seeing you guys in a couple of weeks!

Did you get an email? I just called and spoke with Thelicia. She was under the impression that the adcom is meeting tomorrow (Friday, June 4th) and will be letting everyone know by Friday June 11th.

Seems to be a bit of conflicting information, so anyone else can chime in.

Did you get an email? I just called and spoke with Thelicia. She was under the impression that the adcom is meeting tomorrow (Friday, June 4th) and will be letting everyone know by Friday June 11th.

Seems to be a bit of conflicting information, so anyone else can chime in.
yes i got an email from kelli kennedy

Accepted!!! Feel so blessed , thank you God! I hope you all have good news as well!! Can't wait to meet everyone!!!

Accepted!!! Feel so blessed , thank you God! I hope you all have good news as well!! Can't wait to meet everyone!!!

Congratulations! ..Accepted as well via email this afternoon, may be withdrawing.
Good luck everyone!! :)

Accepted!:):luck:

Email was sent at 4:15pm (Eastern Time).

Question: How does the financial aid process work? Will we be receiving a package in a few days explaining Financial aid, housing, etc.?

Are the emails coming from Kelli Kennedy or Dr. Walker?

Also, what are the time stamps for your acceptance emails? I'm trying to figure out if they send them out in batches or if they send them out individually.

Oh and congrats to those who got accepted. So far 4 acceptances based on the info above...

OMg!!! I got accepted!!! Hopefully everyone hears good news soon! Oh, I got the e-mail from Kelli Kennedy at 3:47pm

Congrats to all you guys who were accepted! I'll see you guys in 2 wks can't wait to get to know the new dpms class!

Congrats to everyone so far! Will they send an email if you dont get accepted also?

Congrats to all accepted! To those who are still waiting, i'm rooting for you! Remember that some people will decline their acceptances so there is still hope! One thing is for sure...we all will be doctors in due time! :)

Congrats to all accepted! To those who are still waiting, i'm rooting for you! Remember that some people will decline their acceptances so there is still hope! One thing is for sure...we all will be doctors in due time! :)

Those words of reassurance are needed in this stressful time. Thank you.

Accepted as well, I may or may not be going though. I will know by the end of next week. Good luck guys and Congrats to those who were accepted!!!

Accepted. Received the email at 4pm eastern. See all of you in a few short weeks! Best wishes to everyone!!

Just got an email stamped 6:10pm with the rejection. Good luck everyone!

Just got an email stamped 6:10pm with the rejection. Good luck everyone!

Hey, I'm so sorry to hear that ! Keep your head up! Please don't give up if this is really what you want! Take mcat again/ boost your gpa up with classes, whatever it is that is holding you back. Did you apply to other programs? Remember the fact that you were interviewed was a big accomplishment in itself because some people didn't even get that far! I'm rooting for you and so is everyone else :) Good luck!

Congratulations to all of you who got accepted!!! That's a really great opportunity to become a doctor! If you don't mind, could you tell what where your stats? Thanks !

wait listed :confused: congrats to all those who made it. For those who didn't make it, keep applying, there are multiple post-bacs some i know for sure with july 1st deadlines. From what I've seen and read through this forum everyone on here is without a doubt MD potential...for those like me with a cliff hanger ending just hope for the best but prepare for all possible outcomes...good luck everyone. :thumbup:

Waitlisted as well, AGAIN! :confused: congrats to all those accepted but if you're not going please tell them ASAP!

also anyone accepted from April 26th??

Yes I did StayPositive, but I am declining since I got into med school elsewhere :) Congrats to everyone and yay for that person who gets my seat :)
Im so honored, I interviewed w Dr. R and he seemed so nonchalant about me b/c he really only asked 1 major question (if ur from apr 26 u may remember me by that disclaimer LOL). But God has worked things out in my favor and set me in the med school of His choice w His help, by May 2014, I will have the privilege of writing that MD behind my name and living out my lifelong dream :)

Yea got the email yesterday,3:38 PM Eastern time and I was accepted. I interviewed May 25th and didn't check my mail until today. Thank God because I was about to send my deposit to Georgetown. Good luck to those waitlisted. Anybody else interview on May 25th??

Last edited:
@Former DPMSers: Did you find the textbooks useful?

The med school classes use modules not textbooks. Don't worry, all your questions about classes will be answered during the first couple of days. You guys will be bombarded with info and many of the former dpmsers that just finished and the previous yr will be meeting with you guys during the first wk and throughout the summer to give you tips and pointers. We'll let you know what worked for us and how to prepare. It's a little hard to go into all that detail now though. For now I would just enjoy the 2 wks you have of freedom because when the summer session starts your next true break and time to relax will be next May.

Former DPMSers,

How helpful were the MCAT prep classes? Did you find them of quality or did you find yourself studying mainly on your own?

Also, did they give you all additional prep materials such as practice tests, etc...?

Thanks!