Drexel DPMS 2022-2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone, so i recently had a financial aid question cleared up b/c i just called and figured i would put it on here too if others had similar concerns. On the financial aid tab of discover drexel, my portal says "Financial aid information is not available for the term for which you have applied." lol so i panicked (bc like WUT) and called since I did the FAFSA and all. Drexel Central said not to worry and that incoming DPMS students should be getting their financial aid packages sent out by the end of next week!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Recently accepted and I have a few questions for current DPMSers or the TA's! Did you have a car? And do they give you a meal plan? How do you get food? Also how accurate is this review lol
1654710726469.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Recently accepted and I have a few questions for current DPMSers or the TA's! Did you have a car? And do they give you a meal plan? How do you get food? Also how accurate is this review lol
View attachment 356026
There are a lot of us who chose not to bring a car or simply didnt have one yet. However, thats mostly if you live in center city.
We did not have any drexel-provided housing, so i dont think anyone can attest to Stiles Hall living conditions. The point of providing housing for the summer is so that you can find your apartment, etc with less stress. Stiles Halls is located in center city just a couple mins walk from New College Building. So it will be a convenient transitional location for those who accept it. Philadelphia in general requires being prudent about one’s personal safety, esp past dark. But that will be reiterated more during the summer. Hopefully that helps!
And no meal-plan..

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know how likely it is to get an acceptance off the waitlist?

does anyone know how likely it is to get an acceptance off the waitlist?
I think it would depend on what place you are in the waitlist. They probably don't tell students what spot they have on the wait list.

For those that set up their accounts (Emails, DrexelOne) and set up the authenticator. Is there a new app on your phone you cannot delete?

For accepted students or past DPMS students, any school supply recommendations of what we will 'need' or be most helpful?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know which of the health/immunization forms are mandatory? A little confused on the immunization record form which is separate from the compliance forms

There are a lot of us who chose not to bring a car or simply dont have one yet. However, thats mostly if you live in center city.
We did not have any drexel-provided housing, so i dont think anyone can attest to Stiles Hall living conditions. The point of providing housing for the summer is so that you can find your apartment, etc with less stress. Stiles Halls is located in center city just a couple mins walk from New College Building. So it will be a convenient transitional location for those who accept it. Philadelphia in general requires being prudent about one’s personal safety, esp past dark. But that will be reiterated more during the summer. Hopefully that helps!
And no meal-plan..
Thanks for answering, so I'm guessing that students who didn't have cars used public transportation to get groceries and such? If you had any experience with public transport, how reliable would you say it is? I don't plan on having a vehicle on campus.

For those that set up their accounts (Emails, DrexelOne) and set up the authenticator. Is there a new app on your phone you cannot delete?
I had to get the authenticator app but nothing else. What app can't you delete?

Does anyone know which of the health/immunization forms are mandatory? A little confused on the immunization record form which is separate from the compliance forms
Was looking through the checklist and I had the same question. @Allyssa411 do they have an orientation or info session to help us transition and get all this required material submitted and also to register for classes? I feel kind of lost lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for answering, so I'm guessing that students who didn't have cars used public transportation to get groceries and such? If you had any experience with public transport, how reliable would you say it is? I don't plan on having a vehicle on campus.
I didnt use public transportation. I just walked wherever i needed. But there is a drexel run bus that runs very regularly and other forms of public transport are also pretty reliable as long as you are along a reasonable route.

Was looking through the checklist and I had the same question. @Allyssa411 do they have an orientation or info session to help us transition and get all this required material submitted and also to register for classes? I feel kind of lost lol
Its hard to know what you guys have and dont have yet. If you have the immunization form already then i would work on that first. Its all mandatory. Secondly, the TAs are working daily on providing lots of sessions to help with transitional stuff separate from orientation. We cant move any faster than administration as we are waiting to receive an official accepted student list from them. But once that happens a lot of things will roll much quicker!

Reactions: 1 users
Can you DM one of us to see what forms you were given so far?

It’s called 4CODE and I’m concerned my phone was hacked or something 😢
I don’t think I had to download that for mine but maybe someone else had to? I really hope your phone wasn’t hacked!!!

It’s called 4CODE and I’m concerned my phone was hacked or something 😢
I don't have anything called 4CODE. Did you install the Microsoft authenticator? When I was downloading it, there were several apps called authenticator but not from MS. Hopefully it wasn't hacked!

Its hard to know what you guys have and dont have yet. If you have the immunization form already then i would work on that first. Its all mandatory. Secondly, the TAs are working daily on providing lots of sessions to help with transitional stuff separate from orientation. We cant move any faster than administration as we are waiting to receive an official accepted student list from them. But once that happens a lot of things will roll much quicker!
Oh no rush! I was just wondering :) So will the orientation and everything be on/after the 27th?

yes! but i am assuming that since I received it later than others, I am probably further down the list
That's strange. The other years they did all the waitlists in one day. It would be crazy if Friday was another wave of acceptances lol

That's strange. The other years they did all the waitlists in one day. It would be crazy if Friday was another wave of acceptances lol

it would be absolutely amazing if that was the case loll but yea this year does seem to be a lot different than past years so fingers crossed!!

I don't have anything called 4CODE. Did you install the Microsoft authenticator? When I was downloading it, there were several apps called authenticator but not from MS. Hopefully it wasn't hacked!
Oh oki. I found out where the app came from😅. But thank you so much.

Hi all!! Before I give any updates, I wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE AND THEIR ACCEPTANCES!!!! Welcome!!!! Very excited to meet you all in person and to get to know you more throughout the year!!
Now, some updates and to answer some questions:

1. For those of you stuck between committing to DPMS and committing to a medical school that you may be waitlisted on or waiting to hear a response from: DPMS would rather you accept your seat to the DPMS program ASAP and if you find out later that you were accepted somewhere else, that's fine and you would just need to send an email to DPMS admissions with your acceptance letter to the other school to let them know that you will be forfeiting your seat and someone else can move off the waitlist.

2. Students who are waitlisted do sometimes get moved of the waitlist -- this has happened plenty of times in previous years, it all just depends on which students are accepting their DPMS program seat which can make everything hard to predict. There's not much more I or any of us TA's can say other than that for now unfortunately :(

3. Regarding Stiles Hall: Stiles Hall is certainly not the prettiest, nicest, or boujee-ist building in Philly, that's for sure. But, I CANNOT recommend Stiles Hall enough for the summer of DPMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The DPMS program is HARDDDD!! Like extremely, and the biggest thing that makes or breaks a students contract 99% of the time is whether or not they have good enough support to make it through and it's so so so so so so helpful to be able to build that community sooner rather than later. I triple majored in biology, neuroscience, and chemistry in undergrad and had 4 jobs and a sport all at once and I just finished my first year of medical school as well and I can still say that for me, personally, DPMS was the hardest academic year I've had so far. The summer program goes by very fast and is a lot of work and is only temporary. Stiles Hall will make it easier to get to your mandatory all-day-ever-day classes/meetings because it's literally right beside the New College Building (where your classes will be). When you and all of your classmates live right beside each other, down the hall, or as roommates, I truly believe you'll feel much happier and reassured when you're building that community. Again, it's only a temporary housing so any of the cons of that building will be fleeting, I assure you.

4. About school supplies: I would say the most mandatory thing to bring is a laptop or like a phone at the bare minimum, but an iPad is borderline mandatory in that it's an absolute lifesaver. All of your lectures (which there will be a lot of) will be delivered to you virtually via PDFs and will undoubtedly require a lot of notetaking, and this is like this throughout DPMS. It's a game-changer to make that transition from pen and paper to iPad. Also, iPads are required for the medical school, so the sooner you get it, the better in my opinion.

5. Regarding orientation: There are two mandatory orientation days on the 27th and 28th that'll help you a lot, and all of summer, in some ways, is one big orientation for all of DPMS and for medical school as well. Like Allyssa said, once the maximum amount of seats are accepted for DPMS, then the sooner you guys will get an email that details everything you need to do and know. We will be having Q&A sessions before the program starts in addition to all the emails you will get to get you started on your journey here. We just can't deliver that very well at the moment until we have everyone registered in Drexel's email system so that we can send those emails out.

It's very, very hard to think this before DPMS even starts because right now and everything leading up to the start of the program feels very hectic (we've all been there), but once the program starts, you won't have to even think about what to do next due to how well organized and detail-oriented the program is.

I'll keep an eye out on this thread as much as I can and my DM's as well if there are any questions!

Reactions: 11 users
Hi everyone!! I wanted to FINALLY take this time to congratulate all of you who have been accepted into this amazing program. You should be soooo proud of yourselves ~ this is truly an amazing achievement. I've tried to be active on this thread and keep up with updates, questions, advice, and everything else in between. It has been great to see the positive energy from start to finish and I hope it continues flourishing through the years! With that being said, I am so excited to continue this DPMS journey with you all as one of your TAs. Can't wait to meet & get to know you all, future docs!

1654790620279.png

Reactions: 8 users
Hi all!! Before I give any updates, I wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE AND THEIR ACCEPTANCES!!!! Welcome!!!! Very excited to meet you all in person and to get to know you more throughout the year!!

1. For those of you stuck between committing to DPMS and committing to a medical school that you may be waitlisted on or waiting to hear a response from: DPMS would rather you accept your seat to the DPMS program ASAP and if you find out later that you were accepted somewhere else, that's fine and you would just need to send an email to DPMS admissions with your acceptance letter to the other school to let them know that you will be forfeiting your seat and someone else can move off the waitlist.

2. Students who are waitlisted do sometimes get moved of the waitlist -- this has happened plenty of times in previous years, it all just depends on which students are accepting their DPMS program seat which can make everything hard to predict. There's not much more I or any of us TA's can say other than that for now unfortunately :(

3. Regarding Stiles Hall: Stiles Hall is certainly not the prettiest, nicest, or boujee-ist building in Philly, that's for sure. But, I CANNOT recommend Stiles Hall enough for the summer of DPMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The DPMS program is HARDDDD!! Like extremely, and the biggest thing that makes or breaks a students contract 99% of the time is whether or not they have good enough support to make it through and it's so so so so so so helpful to be able to build that community sooner rather than later. I triple majored in biology, neuroscience, and chemistry in undergrad and had 4 jobs and a sport all at once and I just finished my first year of medical school as well and I can still say that for me, personally, DPMS was the hardest academic year I've had so far. The summer program goes by very fast and is a lot of work and is only temporary. Stiles Hall will make it easier to get to your mandatory all-day-ever-day classes/meetings because it's literally right beside the New College Building (where your classes will be). When you and all of your classmates live right beside each other, down the hall, or as roommates, I truly believe you'll feel much happier and reassured when you're building that community. Again, it's only a temporary housing so any of the cons of that building will be fleeting, I assure you.

4. About school supplies: I would say the most mandatory thing to bring is a laptop or like a phone at the bare minimum, but an iPad is borderline mandatory in that it's an absolute lifesaver. All of your lectures (which there will be a lot of) will be delivered to you virtually via PDFs and will undoubtedly require a lot of notetaking, and this is like this throughout DPMS. It's a game-changer to make that transition from pen and paper to iPad. Also, iPads are required for the medical school, so the sooner you get it, the better in my opinion.

5. Regarding orientation: There are two mandatory orientation days on the 27th and 28th that'll help you a lot, and all of summer, in some ways, is one big orientation for all of DPMS and for medical school as well. Like Allyssa said, once the maximum amount of seats are accepted for DPMS, then the sooner you guys will get an email that details everything you need to do and know. We will be having Q&A sessions before the program starts in addition to all the emails you will get to get you started on your journey here. We just can't deliver that very well at the moment until we have everyone registered in Drexel's email system so that we can send those emails out.

It's very, very hard to think this before DPMS even starts because right now and everything leading up to the start of the program feels very hectic (we've all been there), but once the program starts, you won't have to even think about what to do next due to how well organized and detail-oriented the program is.

I'll keep an eye out on this thread as much as I can and my DM's as well if there are any questions!
If we haven’t heard back yet for an acceptance or a waitlist, is it safe to assume we will be getting rejected?

If we haven’t heard back yet for an acceptance or a waitlist, is it safe to assume we will be getting rejected?
We were told they are actively putting people on waitlist. You never know

Last edited:

Do you know the process for people who get off the wl in med school after the 27th?

for people that has gotten accepted to med schools already and will not be doing DPMS, plezz decline ur offer asap so waitlists can get ur spot plezzz

Do you know the process for people who get off the wl in med school after the 27th?
I do not :(. I know in the past we've had someone get off the waitlist the literal first day of orientation, but that was also during COVID when everything was virtual so the realism of doing that might have been easier than doing it this year where it's in person. I would contact admissions for an answer about that!

One more thing I'll say about living in Stiles that was mention to be was that it's extremely useful to live in Stiles before leasing and signing an apartment in Philly if you've never been here or lived here before. There are a bajillion neighborhoods, each other their own personalities, history, proximity to campus and bus routes/train stations, etc., and you want to make sure you get a feel for the city before signing a lease and moving here without knowing much. Where you live in the city relative to the school and your peers can really make or break how you feel about yourself during the program (or maybe it won't!) so I definitely recommend starting in Stiles :)

By any chance, would you know when they are going to start accepting people off the waitlist?

Is anyone else still waiting to hear from them? I haven’t heard any decision yet

For those that got accepted who was the email from? Did it have Drexel on it or a specific persons name like for the interviews? Congratulations to everyone who received an acceptance so far. Thanks !

Last edited:
For past DPMS students, were you able to use financial aid to pay for the cost of a new ipad/laptop or should we have these things prior to starting DPMS?

By any chance, would you know when they are going to start accepting people off the waitlist?
I do not, I think that still depends on how many people have accepted the offers so far and if they're still waiting to hear back from students

For past DPMS students, were you able to use financial aid to pay for the cost of a new ipad/laptop or should we have these things prior to starting DPMS?
Yep, I used my financial aid package to pay for my iPad, but it ended up being after DPMS started/once the loan hit that first week. If you plan on getting one, I recommend sooner than later because the TA's have workshops on how to use it properly for studying and school, so it would be helpful to have it when you can if you're choosing to get one.

Do I need to enroll in the medical plan prior to the start during the fall?
I am a little bit confused on how it works

If I was selected for financial verification, should I wait to accept financial aid award until receiving an email that changes have been made from FAFSA? Also, is there a person we can speak to specifically about finaid? I am still a little confused on the amount of loan were allowed to take out vs the amount necessary to live and complete the program.

For those that got accepted who was the email from? Did it have Drexel on it or a specific persons name like for the interviews? Congratulations to everyone who received an acceptance so far. Thanks !
The email comes from Steven Rodgers' drexel email.

If I was selected for financial verification, should I wait to accept financial aid award until receiving an email that changes have been made from FAFSA? Also, is there a person we can speak to specifically about finaid? I am still a little confused on the amount of loan were allowed to take out vs the amount necessary to live and complete the program.
The financial expert at Drexel is Michael Clancy! You will have the chance to speak with him once the program begins. Regarding your specific question, I'm not exactly sure what you mean so I don't want to provide any misleading info. But this time last year, no one had done anything with financial aid besides submit FAFSA.

Most people did wait for that money to hit. However, if you have the financial ability to make the investment sooner than I would 10/10 recommend it. The loans typically don't take THAT long to come in after you've been accepted for them but ordering ipads/computers this time of year is sometimes tricky. So we recommend getting them sooner and not waiting if you can!

Last edited:
The financial expert at Drexel is Michael Clancy! You will have the chance to speak with him once the program begins. Regarding your specific question, I'm not exactly sure what you mean so I don't want to provide any misleading info. But this time last year, no one had done anything with financial aid besides submit FAFSA.
Thank you! Thank you so much to all the TAs answering questions on here tbh!

Hi TA's! Do you know where we can find the DPMS syllabus or term schedules/academic calendars?

Hi TA's! Do you know where we can find the DPMS syllabus or term schedules/academic calendars?
That wont be released until the start of the program, unfortunately!

Thank you! Thank you so much to all the TAs answering questions on here tbh!
@MagicpreMD @AngieMed you're welcome! We know everything seems very confusing right now and i'm sure there are still a lot of questions. But I promise everything will be answered once the program actually begins. You will be drowning in relevant info during orientation. Before we even get there though, TAs will be hosting a live Q&A session - so that gives you guys another opportunity to get qs in. Again, all of these details will be released once we have a finalized list of students 😊

• Love
Reactions: 3 users