Drexel DPMS 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When I called, I was told that there are not communal microwaves in the residential kitchens...either you bring your own, rent one, or hope that someone puts theirs in the shared kitchen.

Members don't see this ad.

Dr Walker said there is not anything sent via postal mail. I was wondering the same thing. Does anyone know when we get that 3000 loan for the summer? Soon I hope.

Can we wait until the first day to get a micofridge? I wouldn't want to get one then my roommate also get one. We can share the cost and get one.

Members don't see this ad :)
About the 3K loan, you sign up for it during the financial aid orientation during your first day and it is disbursed in early July. Even if you dont think you need it now, you may want to consider getting it cause money sure dwindles as the year progresses. On the same note, dont be scared to take out a little bit extra on the gradplus loans. If you dont need it, just pay right back but it is good to know you are financially secure for the year. Money problems are the last thing you want on your mind during the program.

Dr Walker said there is not anything sent via postal mail. I was wondering the same thing. Does anyone know when we get that 3000 loan for the summer? Soon I hope.

Can we wait until the first day to get a micofridge? I wouldn't want to get one then my roommate also get one. We can share the cost and get one.

Can we turn in the immunization record on monday?

Athens, the 3K loan is generally for summer survival until your full fin.aid kicks in in August but you can stretch them dollars however you like:D

Hey,

What is the outgoing (smtp) server (for email) at Drexel? Is there is a webpage for "how to the connect to the Internet at Drexel"?

@Everyone: Do you know if there's a shuttle from the dorm to the grocery stores?

Unfortunately, the DUCOM shuttles only go to and from the dorms, med school and hospital with no stops in between. For going grocery shopping, people usually go with classmates who have cars and spot the gas every now and then. You'll be fine.

Thanks. I have some more questions:

1/ How many DPMSers made it to Drexel medical school this year?

2/ Do you know any 2 or 3-bedroom apartment
under $1300/mo. for 2 bedroom, and under $1900/mo. for 3
available August 1st
preferably near Queen Lane campus, and
within 30 minutes of driving to the Center City Hahnemann Campus?

@ phoenix:

the mail, smtp stuff is rather annoying to find on drexel..... here's to start stuff out which you guys & girls should already have had to activate I believe....

https://accounts.drexel.edu/start_drexel.asp

http://www.drexel.edu/irt/networks/wireless/ for wireless on drexel. One thing to note....the wireless at undergrad and wireless at queen lane run on different domains....but you'll be spending most/ALL your time at ncb....

http://www.drexel.edu/irt/accounts/goodbye/ for your POP stuff to get your stuff into your gmail or other accounts.

http://www.drexel.edu/irt/org/initiatives/linkedu/ for using a drexel gmail account....it's gmail....but w/ edu at the end. but you can set your regular gmail to do similar now.

The smtp stuff is there....u just need to dig around that sight....or if you give them a quick call they'll tell you...It's a pain to find directly. Anyhow hope that helps.

Thanks. I have some more questions:

1/ How many DPMSers made it to Drexel medical school this year?

2/ Do you know any 2 or 3-bedroom apartment
under $1300/mo. for 2 bedroom, and under $1900/mo. for 3
available August 1st
preferably near Queen Lane campus, and
within 30 minutes of driving to the Center City Hahnemann Campus?

Check craigslist.... in your search do manayunk, roxborough, east falls. all those are w/i 30 min of CC. you can also just type in HOUSE....and look for the ones that are in the above mentioned spots. There have been plenty the last time i looked. but they're starting to go quick b/c the incoming 2014 class has been scooping them up.

A thing about the dpms program...it's not magic. It's hella hard work that you need to put in if you want to succeed. You really need to look at yourself and say---I'm here for business! I'm gonna get my stuff done! Sure, there'll be plenty of time to have fun....but you're here for business. Don't forget! :) But once you get through....ADVANTAGE 1ST YEAR! Work hard...have fun learning, it's no small feat being where you are!

Hi guys,

Congratulations to all the people that got into this program. I am an Asian Indian and have been severely disadvantaged economically throughout my life. I am very much passionate about helping the underserved population as a primary care physician. I also have a 3.5 GPA and a 28 MCAT.

I was just wondering what my chances are of getting into the Drexel as an Indian with those stats. I am also looking at Georgetown GEMS.

Any sort of help/advice with be greatly greatly appreciated. Thank you!!