Drexel DPMS 2022-2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@MagicpreMD @AngieMed you're welcome! We know everything seems very confusing right now and i'm sure there are still a lot of questions. But I promise everything will be answered once the program actually begins. You will be drowning in relevant info during orientation. Before we even get there though, TAs will be hosting a live Q&A session - so that gives you guys another opportunity to get qs in. Again, all of these details will be released once we have a finalized list of students 😊
Thanks for this info and for your responses! By the time you answer one question we have more lol. In the info that you'll cover in the Q&A, please be sure to include "tips for people who have never been to Philly" too lol

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey TAs and past DPMS students! Do you mind sharing where you all lived during the program? Just trying to look through apartments and budget out the cost for it. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hey TAs and past DPMS students! Do you mind sharing where you all lived during the program? Just trying to look through apartments and budget out the cost for it. Thanks!
I thought I was the only one stressed about living arrangements for fall😭 Just waiting for the program to start so I can find friends to live with 😂

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
yeah ngl im like losing my mind over these rent prices in philly in the SAFER neighborhoods.. :( So if anyone has an affordable recommendation (I have a car as well so I don't mind driving ~15 mins max) please please please let me know :")

I applied for FAFSA, both unsubsidized and GradPlus, but only got an award package for the unsubsidized loan and it doesn't seem like it's enough to cover the cost of tuition for the DPMS program. Any idea on if and when the gradplus will be awarded to cover COA for DPMS?

Also since we are only provided housing for the first 7 weeks and not food, are we expected to do/bring groceries ourselves to Stiles hall?

To add to the pile, is there a dress code associated with DPMS? Or can we show up to class in sweatpants

To add to the pile, is there a dress code associated with DPMS? Or can we show up to class in sweatpants
Business casual for the entirety of summer. You are free to wear all your sweatpants there after 🙃

Reactions: 2 users
I applied for FAFSA, both unsubsidized and GradPlus, but only got an award package for the unsubsidized loan and it doesn't seem like it's enough to cover the cost of tuition for the DPMS program. Any idea on if and when the gradplus will be awarded to cover COA for DPMS?
Good question, but it will be made available early summer. At least that is when pretty much all students had applied once we got guidance at the start of the program

A comprehensive list of apartments that past students have lived will be provided at the start of the program 😊

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the R at 7:30p last night :(
Sorry to hear this, for me any news would be better than not knowing anything I hate being in the dark. Interviewed 5/16 took casper 5/19. Everything is submitted to Drexel. Portal still says under review.

3.16 under grad
2.92 science
503 MCAT 129,126,125,123

• Care
For those that has been accepted, was there a deadline given for you guys to accept the offer? I’m just trying to gauge when they may start moving people off the waitlist…
And for current DPMS students, what percentage of your class are matriculating into their med school this fall?

For those that has been accepted, was there a deadline given for you guys to accept the offer? I’m just trying to gauge when they may start moving people off the waitlist…
And for current DPMS students, what percentage of your class are matriculating into their med school this fall?
I think mine was June 9th

I am looking for a friend. if you are from jersey or in track 1 hmu, ngl I am feeling stressed out already lol

Hi all! Has anyone received an email about housing or next steps before the start of classes?

Hi all! Has anyone received an email about housing or next steps before the start of classes?
The only email I’ve gotten about housing was I’m guessing a bulk email from the graduate school that gave a little info about Stiles Hall and move-in dates. It also had like two attached housing agreement forms.

The only email I’ve gotten about housing was I’m guessing a bulk email from the graduate school that gave a little info about Stiles Hall and move-in dates. It also had like two attached housing agreement forms.
When did you get it? And when did you get your acceptance?
I was accepted on 6/7 and haven’t gotten any more emails since my acceptance

When did you get it? And when did you get your acceptance?
I was accepted on 6/7 and haven’t gotten any more emails since my acceptance
I got the acceptance end of May and got that email on June 7th. I think you just have to wait because it was pretty silent for me after acceptance until that email.

Hello, everyone. Just received an acceptance. I am in New York (EST) and I received mine a few hours ago.
Please do not feel discourage if you have yet to receive an acceptance. I spoke with one of the admins and final decisions are expected by June 10th.
Would you mind sharing who you spoke with? At this point I just want the news so I can go and cry in my car. Good or bad that’s what’s gonna happen.

Would you mind sharing who you spoke with? At this point I just want the news so I can go and cry in my car. Good or bad that’s what’s gonna happen.
You’re not alone, radio silence over here too

There are forms due by tomorrow and I still haven’t heard back yet. Hmm seems hopeful 🤥🥴
Are you currently on the waitlist? If not, and you haven't received a rejection either, it may be worth emailing them about.

Mine acceptance arrived during the second wave 2 weeks ago and my housing forms arrived one day later.
I got my acceptance last Monday and I haven’t received anything but I’ll email them so hopefully they can send me the form.

I got my acceptance last Monday and I haven’t received anything but I’ll email them so hopefully they can send me the form.
Oh you're right the second wave was a week ago, lol. But yeah you should email them ASAP.

Are you currently on the waitlist? If not, and you haven't received a rejection either, it may be worth emailing them about.
No I haven’t heard back any update whatsoever. I emailed medadmis and my interview host today. I’ve already emailed out a thank you letter and follow up email to the person that interviewed me. Part of me is keeping hope, because I still haven’t heard anything necessarily bad but it’s like Jesus Christ like if it’s bad just let me know already don’t have me just waiting it’s honestly just hurtful. I’m going through crazy anxiety and panicking and it’s making me physically ill. This is almost like my last shot and it means the world to me I’m sure everyone has their reason but I’ve given so much of life towards pursuing this path and have had to face rejection and deal with doubt and depression and still managed to persevere. I can’t take another no.

No I haven’t heard back any update whatsoever. I emailed medadmis and my interview host today. I’ve already emailed out a thank you letter and follow up email to the person that interviewed me. Part of me is keeping hope, because I still haven’t heard anything necessarily bad but it’s like Jesus Christ like if it’s bad just let me know already don’t have me just waiting it’s honestly just hurtful. I’m going through crazy anxiety and panicking and it’s making me physically ill. This is almost like my last shot and it means the world to me I’m sure everyone has their reason but I’ve given so much of life towards pursuing this path and have had to face rejection and deal with doubt and depression and still managed to persevere. I can’t take another no.
Im sorry for what you are going through! We wish we could help in some way, but please DM one of the TAs if you need some support!

Congrats again to those who have been accepted! We have created a closed Facebook group for those who have been accepted AND have confirmed to Drexel that they are matriculating. We will be cross-referencing your Facebook name to our official list so please use an active account that displays your given name. Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/717034302889353/

Disclaimer #1: Our accepted student list is only a partial list, a little over half. So if we do not accept you please don't read too much into it. We just have to go by the list of students that we have so far.
Disclaimer #2: The link above should be used by matriculating students only. Hang in there if you are still waiting to receive a final decision/waitlist response from DPMS. Thank you!

Last edited:
  • Love
^
If you're not a facebook user, we get it, but some important information is relay on facebook for the pre-orientation things so we require that you make one (which you're free to de-activate whenever we move over to other groups shortly after orientation begins!)

Hiiii friends! 😊 In addition to a Facebook account, you will need to have GroupMe. So if you dont have either of those, please start making accounts. These (2) will be our main forms of communication moving forward. But most importantly - join the facebook page!! We will soon be releasing info there for our next events & next steps!

Reactions: 3 users
I actually would recommend you to contact Thelicia Hill at [email protected] because I haven't had success with the med email
I just got an email back from medadmis

“Thank you for reaching out. We have all of your application material and your application is currently under consideration by the graduate school. We appreciate your continued interest and your patience.”

Literally doesn’t make me feel any better or worse. Only positive side is still no rejection, but imagine sitting through all of this and then getting an R at the last minute, sheesh. I’m an empath so I always try to put myself and someone else’s shoes and understand how they might feel in a given situation and right now I don’t feel like for those of us who haven’t received a response that our feelings are being considered.

• Care
I just got an email back from medadmis

“Thank you for reaching out. We have all of your application material and your application is currently under consideration by the graduate school. We appreciate your continued interest and your patience.”

Literally doesn’t make me feel any better or worse. Only positive side is still no rejection, but imagine sitting through all of this and then getting an R at the last minute, sheesh. I’m an empath so I always try to put myself and someone else’s shoes and understand how they might feel in a given situation and right now I don’t feel like for those of us who haven’t received a response that our feelings are being considered.
I agree with you 100%! There hasn’t seemed be a clear method to their operation. There are people who have received acceptances, rejections, and waitlists who interviewed at the end of May. Then there are a lot of us from the first wave of interviews that haven’t heard anything. I can understand if someone who interviewed later could be a better candidate and therefore received an acceptance. But at least make a decision for those of us who interviewed earlier. Maybe even an update email to let us know what’s going on. And I have sent 5 emails in the last 3 weeks to get more clarification on things and haven’t heard back at all. 🤦🏽‍♂️ I just feel like my mind is going crazy right now

I agree with you 100%! There hasn’t seemed be a clear method to their operation. There are people who have received acceptances, rejections, and waitlists who interviewed at the end of May. Then there are a lot of us from the first wave of interviews that haven’t heard anything. I can understand if someone who interviewed later could be a better candidate and therefore received an acceptance. But at least make a decision for those of us who interviewed earlier. Maybe even an update email to let us know what’s going on. And I have sent 5 emails in the last 3 weeks to get more clarification on things and haven’t heard back at all. 🤦🏽‍♂️ I just feel like my mind is going crazy right now
Hang in there. It’s not over till it’s over. Just keep manifesting your acceptance until it arrives. I know it’s easier said than done but sometimes what you put out into the universe is what you get back so just try to keep up your good vibes, positive thoughts and spirits and be faithful that your acceptance is still on its way. Just think of it like your acceptance is a car and it ran out of gas one the way to you and it’s just stopping to refuel but definitely still on the way. Hoping optimism transcends into realism.

Hang in there. It’s not over till it’s over. Just keep manifesting your acceptance until it arrives. I know it’s easier said than done but sometimes what you put out into the universe is what you get back so just try to keep up your good vibes, positive thoughts and spirits and be faithful that your acceptance is still on its way. Just think of it like your acceptance is a car and it ran out of gas one the way to you and it’s just stopping to refuel but definitely still on the way. Hoping optimism transcends into realism.
Thanks bro, I’m going try to keep a positive mindset on things. Wishing for the best for all of us still waiting.

When do we receive roommate information? Also, if we don't have a car and are not from the area, what services are available locally to help us move out of Stiles for fall semester?

Hopefully everyone who is still waiting hears something by the end of the week, considering that we are almost a week away from the start date :confused:

Didn’t receive any emails but my discover Drexel portal changed from having my interview date to now it just says

“Thank you for submitting your application. Please check back later to view more information about what is required to complete your application.”

Does anyone know what this means? Before it said my application was under review and it had my interview date. Or for anyone that’s still waiting on a response do you have the same message on yours? Or for anyone accepted or rejected, what did your portal say afterwards under ‘admissions status’. Just want some insight for my own mental sake. Thank you!

Last edited:
Didn’t receive any emails but my discover Drexel portal changed from having my interview date to now it just says

“Thank you for submitting your application. Please check back later to view more information about what is required to complete your application.”

Does anyone know what this means? Before it said my application was under review and it had my interview date. Or for anyone that’s still waiting on a response do you have the same message on yours? Or for anyone accepted or rejected, what did your portal say afterwards under ‘admissions status’. Just want some insight for my own mental sake. Thank you!
My portal didn't change until about a week after I was accepted. Until then, it only stated my interview details. Did you interview? If you didn't, I'm afraid they're probably done with DPMS interviews. They may be reviewing you for their other programs.