Drexel DPMS 2022-2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My portal didn't change until about a week after I was accepted. Until then, it only stated my interview details. Did you interview? If you didn't, I'm afraid they're probably done with DPMS interviews. They may be reviewing you for their other programs.
Welp, that sounds promising :/

Yes I interviewed 5/16

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all. Has anyone received their financial aid award?
What happens if the money awarded was way less than the actual tuition and cost of living? Do we need to apply for more loans?

For those who completed grad plus loans application, did you choose the option that says I do not know the amount I want to borrow ?

For those who completed grad plus loans application, did you choose the option that says I do not know the amount I want to borrow ?
Where are you finding these loan forms? I've only submitted the fafsa and haven't heard back with anything. Nothing on my portal or drexelone

same exact boat here with the fafsa and still not hearing back on fin aid. what are these grad plus loans?
You’re only awarded a certain amount of direct unsubsidized loans as a grad student. So, in order to cover the rest of your cost of attendance you’re able to take out grad plus loans from the student aid website.

It explains it here:

“If you are a graduate or professional student, you can borrow up to $20,500 each year in Direct Unsubsidized Loans. Direct PLUS Loans can also be used for the remainder of your college costs, as determined by your school, not covered by other financial aid”.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: 2 users
You’re only awarded a certain amount of direct unsubsidized loans as a grad student. So, in order to cover the rest of your cost of attendance you’re able to take out grad plus loans from the student aid website.

It explains it here:

“If you are a graduate or professional student, you can borrow up to $20,500 each year in Direct Unsubsidized Loans. Direct PLUS Loans can also be used for the remainder of your college costs, as determined by your school, not covered by other financial aid”.

Hope that helps!
thank you so much ❤️ I'll have to look into this whenever my fin aid awards come out lol

Reactions: 1 users
I took out an extra 37k for the gradPLUS, i just did the math to the best of my ability lol

I just got an email from Thelicia Hill about course registration. So people should keep an eye out in their inboxes

Reactions: 3 users
Portal updated yesterday with a Rejection. Got an email with my Casper scores today. Didn’t score well on Casper (bottom quartile). No email notification. Wanted to be transparent to everyone thank you all for your support and help. I’ll work on my app and apply again next year, wow I’m just sitting and thinking to myself if I had just done better on Casper or if it wasn’t required Id probably be in DPMS right now, smh. Congratulations to all you future doctors!

P.S. please tell ADCOM not to have students waiting till last minute next year it’s extremely cruel.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Portal updated yesterday with a Rejection. Got an email with my Casper scores today. Didn’t score well on Casper (bottom quartile). No email notification. Wanted to be transparent to everyone thank you all for your support and help. I’ll work on my app and apply again next year, wow I’m just sitting and thinking to myself if I had just done better on Casper or if it wasn’t required Id probably be in DPMS right now, smh. Congratulations to all you future doctors!

P.S. please tell ADCOM not to have students waiting till last minute next year it’s extremely cruel.
We’re rooting for you!

Hey everyone. I know I’ve been silent for over a month now but truly did take a break from this other than side convos with some of you. So just like @Jacob Brown , I also received a rejection from the program which I believe was also due to my Casper score as well (bottom quartile). I knew of my score since early May (2nd or 4th) but was hoping they could over look that. But I wanted to be transparent and let you guys know.
I did however receive an email from them today of my rejection from DPMS program but it was also an acceptance for their Interdisciplinary MS program (I did not apply to any other program at Drexel; only DPMS).
I will however be pursuing nursing. I was fortunately accepted at a university in my state for almost a free ride.
So with that I wish you all well in your future of becoming doctors. I know you all will be great ones and hopefully I can get the opportunity to work along side all of you in the future. @Jacob Brown and others rejected, I wish nothing but the best for your future as well. You guys we got interviews so they obviously see the potential in all of us! So hold your heads up high and try again! Best of luck and wishes everyone.

Signed your Future BSN, RN and then DNP/CRNA

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else gotten an email regarding course registration?

I just registered, non MCAT track
I haven’t gotten any email :/. Same thing happened with the housing email, I had to reach out to them. I’m not sure if I should reach out to them or maybe wait until Monday.

wonder if/when there will be any waitlist movement because it seems like the class is already moving forward :confused:

They just sent out the move-in details to my Drexel email. No info on roommate assignments though.

They just sent out the move-in details to my Drexel email. No info on roommate assignments though.
I wonder if roommates will be completely random or if they’ll send out a questionnaire or something…

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
has anyone who has been waitlisted hear back yet? or know anyone that has heard back?

I asked about roommates in Stiles, and according to Lē Hill, "The roommate list is being handled by housing. I’m unsure if they notify you ahead of time of your roommate."

I guess this doesn't say much but I figured I'd pass along lol

I asked about roommates in Stiles, and according to Lē Hill, "The roommate list is being handled by housing. I’m unsure if they notify you ahead of time of your roommate."

I guess this doesn't say much but I figured I'd pass along lol
I asked Resident Life & Housing about roommates through AskDrexel. Maybe if enough of us ask the same question they'll have to respond :rofl:

• Haha
I asked Resident Life & Housing about roommates through AskDrexel. Maybe if enough of us ask the same question they'll have to respond :rofl:
The roommates are based on what your preferences were when you filled out the form, but you dont get to specifically choose by name.

The roommates are based on what your preferences were when you filled out the form, but you dont get to specifically choose by name.
Wait what form? I was never instructed to fill out any preference forms other than the housing agreement that was emailed to me, and that didn't have any roommate info :oops:

Wait what form? I was never instructed to fill out any preference forms other than the housing agreement that was emailed to me, and that didn't have any roommate info :oops:
My apologies. I just got clarification. It is based by gender only. There was no roommate preference form!

has anyone who has been waitlisted hear back yet? or know anyone that has heard back?
I recommend checking past threads because I think I remember seeing several people get off the wl near the program start time

Hey, I just got an acceptance yesterday and I confirmed today. Does anyone know who I can reach out to they housing forms or anything that I need to be up to speed with

Thanks Xoxo

Hey, I just got an acceptance yesterday and I confirmed today. Does anyone know who I can reach out to they housing forms or anything that I need to be up to speed with

Thanks Xoxo
Hi,

Congrats on your acceptance. I want to ask if you got the notification yesterday after a waitlist or was it quiet for you up until yesterday's acceptance?

Thank you!

Thanks Xoxo
Im one of the TAs, can you dm me your name and contact info.

Thanks Xoxo
Congrats!

hey guys, I just wanted to let know that they started letting people from the waitlist in.

hey guys, I just wanted to let know that they started letting people from the waitlist in
hey thank you for the update! are they starting to send updates today?

hey thank you for the update! are they starting to send updates today?
You’re welcome!

My sister is the one who got accepted. I have been trolling this forum for the past two years so I wanted to let y’all know that there is some waitlist movement.

My sister received the waitlist notification in the first week of June and she got accepted on Friday.

Hi! For anyone moving into Stiles Hall this weekend and is bringing a car, do you know where you’ll be parking it!?

Hi! For anyone moving into Stiles Hall this weekend and is bringing a car, do you know where you’ll be parking it!?
Hi! I’m bringing my car and I hope to find parking like in front of the housing on nearby. I was thinking of just parking it in the street

i bought a parking pass for a lot for $130/month, but it's night access only so I can go in/out from 3pm-8am

lmaooo it was the cheapest long-term parking deal i found but hey i took it-- it's 0.4 mi away (about 7 min walk) from Stiles and you can pay month-to-month as needed this summer

Last edited:
Hi! I’m bringing my car and I hope to find parking like in front of the housing on nearby. I was thinking of just parking it in the street
Congrats for getting in.

Stiles hall is attached to a Drexel parking lot. You can buy monthly parking pass and get the student discount. I think it was about $150 a month

Congrats for getting in.

Stiles hall is attached to a Drexel parking lot. You can buy monthly parking pass and get the student discount. I think it was about $150 a month

Thank you so much! I’ll definitely be using this then !

This question is for the TAs:
A few weeks ago one of the TAs said that this year’s DPMS would have 70 seats, and then another TA said the list has more than half of the seats already taken. I’m in the waitlist that was sent on June 7th, and was wondering if there’s any hope at this point? I’m asking because I looked at the DPMS Facebook group and there’s only about 56 members (including the administrators and moderators. There’s still room but many from the waitlist haven’t heard anything this week. Does the program still have 70 seats? Has there been any behind the scenes mention of potentially getting emails this week?

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats for getting in.

I can’t find this lot on drexelpark?!

Has anyone received housing/move-in information? I was recently accepted and have not received anything yet.

Has anyone received housing/move-in information? I was recently accepted and have not received anything yet.
When did you get accepted?
Maybe you should try contacting the school and emailing them about it

Attachments

• 9B688C4B-6439-463B-8002-98D807C87F12.jpeg
    9B688C4B-6439-463B-8002-98D807C87F12.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 191