Drexel DPMS 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Wow congrats to everyone who has been blessed with a chance to be in DPMS. I hope I get to see you guys in 2 weeks. So exciting!!

...and that is really good to hear that MCAT class will be outsourced to TPR this time around.

Members don't see this ad :)
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]this schedule looks intense :eek:

Summer Orientation: June 21st
Summer Semester June 21st-July 30th
Fall Orientation Date: August 2-6, 2010
.[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Fall Semester Dates: August 9 - December 20, 2010

Actually if you look at the tuitions, DPMS I costs about $23,000. DPMS II costs $18,000. So basically DPMS-I people are paying extra for the Princeton class.

Actually, I think you're getting DPMS I tracks 1 and 2 mixed up with DPMS I & II. Everybody in DPMS I, track 1(nonimmuno) & 2(immuno), pays the 23K. DPMS II is for those DPMS I students who didnt make contract and are interested in an MBS.

..and about the schedule: it's actually very manageable until November when all hell breaks loose and exams start coming back to back.

Hey cornflakeschkn, do all the current DPMS students know already if they will be enrolled as first years this upcoming semester?

Well everyone who met the requirements knows already but the guys who are on the fringe are still awaiting decisions. By next week, everyone will know the verdict though.

Hello guys,
Just wanna let you guys know (especially to those who havent been accepted yet) I will be calling tomorrow to withdraw my acceptance. I got into another program similar to DPMS, but I think my career goals are geared toward this other program. Have fun guys!!!

ddogark, thank you so much for letting us know! On behalf of all the wait listed students who have only heard from DPMS so far. Knowing that you are considerate enough to let DPMS know in time and allow another person into your spot is truly admirable, thank you for giving us a chance and best of luck at your program Congratulations!! :)

ddogark, thank you so much for letting us know! On behalf of all the wait listed students who have only heard from DPMS so far. Knowing that you are considerate enough to let DPMS know in time and allow another person into your spot is truly admirable, thank you for giving us a chance and best of luck at your program Congratulations!! :)

No prob, I emailed the director of admission's and Dr. Walker. Hopefully, someone will be hearing some great news pretty soon!!

No prob, I emailed the director of admission's and Dr. Walker. Hopefully, someone will be hearing some great news pretty soon!!
Hopefully, but their waitlist doesn't actually work like most waitlists. They accept a certain number, knowing some people will say no. Once they get a response from all those accepted they meet again to vote on whether or not to go to the waitlist based on the numbers within the class. So our fingers have to be extra crossed lol.

When Kelli Kennedy called me yesterday she told me the wait list works just like a traditional wait list and that after responses come back by June 11th, the students that were wait listed would hear back next week.

Members don't see this ad :)
When Kelli Kennedy called me yesterday she told me the wait list works just like a traditional wait list and that after responses come back by June 11th, the students that were wait listed would hear back next week.
Yes, but its not as simple as that. We should hear back next week and all those accepted have to respond by friday. However depending on how many people decline their acceptances they may or may not go to the wait list. In a sense. They accept more people than they expect to participate, if more people than they expect to decline do so, then they will go to the ranked waitlist which is 5 at max I believe. But other than that if 1 or 2 people decline, they'll just go with the smaller class.

I'm super excited to move to Philly and meet everyone! Has anyone started a Facebook group? Also, if those dorms are as nice in person as they look online, we definitely lucked out.

I'm also looking forward to meeting everyone! I found this album online http://picasaweb.google.com/jpr385/MillenniumProfessionalPictures#5406003433958404530 that has pictures of millennium hall. It looks really nice despite the rooms being a bit small and the best part is that its free housing lol :D

Why do we have so many days for orientation?

Why do we have so many days for orientation?

I don't know, it's the same for IMS. I imagine only the first date is mandatory (2nd) and the rest are like.. the things you'd do in college on your first week... like events and stuff that aren't mandatory?

Are most of you all planning to live off campus (whereabout) or in the Stiles Alumni Hall?

Did no one from interview date May 25th get in? :(

off campus defin.

Does anyone know if there is a specific time by which we have to check-in on the 20th?

I was the female with brown/ blonde highlights who had the first interview

Last edited:
Does anyone know if we will be sharing our rooms with someone(s) else or do we each get a room?

Also, to former/current DPMSers:

What did you do for meals during the summertime? Any cheap but good food joints near where we will be staying(Millenium Hall)? What about the grocery stores nearby?

I am thinking of applying for food stamps...would it hurt to do so?

Last edited:
I interviewed on the 23rd. Hope to see some of you in a few weeks. I have decided to stay in the dorms mainly because its free. I was wondering if I should bring my car, will is cost me anything to park it or does the dorm have parking?

I almost can't remember what to bring to the dorms, it has been so long. haha

Hi Guys!

I just wanted to spread the wealth around and share my good fortune.
I sent both Dr. Kennedy and Dr. Walker my withdrawal confirmation.

Good luck to all of you!! ..But I have to admit that I'm kind'a biased and want BabyDoc to get a spot :xf:

I'll see you all as we walk the hospital halls together! :thumbup:

I think so. I really liked some of the ppl in our interview group

I think everyone will have a rooommate but they might not be other dpms students. They might be students from the other programs Drexel offers like IMS.

At what time do you guys plan on checking in on the 20th?

between 3-5. I wanta get settled in and get some sleep before the big day.

Does anyone know yet the earliest (and latest) time we can check in and where we check in (at Millenium Hall itself or someplace else)?

Does anyone know what size beds they have in millenium hall? Twin or twin xl because I need to get new bedding but I don't want to get the wrong size.

I just got off the phone with housing and they told me we can move in anytime from 7:30am to 7pm. Also, there will not be moving carts available so we will have to lug everything up one by one:( ...that upset me but I guess it'll be good exercise lol

The person I spoke to said there is a kitchen on the floors but I didn't ask if there was a microwave...i hope so

Is there a microwave in the dorm?

I think a microwave would come with a rental fridge.

I just got off the phone with housing and they told me we can move in anytime from 7:30am to 7pm. Also, there will not be moving carts available so we will have to lug everything up one by one:( ...that upset me but I guess it'll be good exercise lol

At least there are elevators...right?

Other than that, thanks for posting the check in times.

Do you know if we check in at Millenium Hall? Or do we have to check in somewhere else before going to Millenium Hall?

Last edited:
To all of you who are accepted: Have you received a snail mail notifying you of your acceptance as well?