2022-2023 University of Houston (Fertitta)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have that stuff as well but I never noticed whether it was like that pre II.

Neurotic question inbound lol. Does anyone else have a document upload tab in their portal? If so, what is in it? I just noticed a bunch of documents to upload that I don’t recall seeing previously… things like handbook acknowledgement, HIPAA certification, etc. In my other AMP ports, the document upload tab has things like updates and letter of intent (IE pre acceptance items). Anyone able to comment? Again I am aware this is a very neurotic thing but I have to ask for my own sanity lol.
I love neuroticism, hahahaha, I have it too lol but I don’t know what that means. It wasn’t their pre interview because I remember trying to update all my schools to force a response LOL.

But I wonder if it’s something that pops up after you interview automatically….but I agree, does seem like acceptance materials

I won’t believe it until I get the email or the call.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I love neuroticism, hahahaha, I have it too lol but I don’t know what that means. It wasn’t their pre interview because I remember trying to update all my schools to force a response LOL.

But I wonder if it’s something that pops up after you interview automatically….but I agree, does seem like acceptance materials

I won’t believe it until I get the email or the call.
I wouldn’t interpret it as anything until you get a prematch offer or match on match day.

Source: Last year a lot of people had TMDSAS request transcripts at midnight on match day (usually only requested when you match) and not everyone who got the email matched. A lot of people were disappointed.

Reactions: 3 users
I'll be touring this week and will try to get an update on prematches to share here.

Reactions: 9 users
Toured last week and they said sometime in the next 2 weeks and that they're going to be quite conservative
They are at zero. They have 60 seats.

Are they going to admit 5?

Next two weeks puts them in new year.

Reactions: 1 users
I wonder what the logic is for how schools decide if they want to be light or heavy on prematches. Going into the cycle I (wrongly) thought they would be used the most by the mission-focused schools.

Reactions: 4 users
Toured last week and they said sometime in the next 2 weeks and that they're going to be quite conservative
Did they say anything about more interviews? Some of us are still waiting 🫠 They are handling this cycle very interestingly!

Reactions: 5 users

When they say they will be conservative with prematch offers, does that mean they may only fill like 10 seats of the incoming class with pre-match offers? And the rest will have to match on match day? What does being quite conservative mean?

Reactions: 1 user
I got an email yesterday that they canceled the January 5th interview date due to scheduling conflicts, and when I went to reschedule the only date I saw in January was January 12th.

Update:
The first wave of prematches should be going out this week. There had been some delays but they expect to prematch in waves similarly to last year in the weeks leading up to match day.

I’d bet that the prematches this week will be for the earliest interview group(s) so I’m not getting my hopes up yet.

Reactions: 7 users
Update:
The first wave of prematches should be going out this week. There had been some delays but they expect to prematch in waves similarly to last year in the weeks leading up to match day.

I’d bet that the prematches this week will be for the earliest interview group(s) so I’m not getting my hopes up yet.
Such optimism about this week.

I have an ocean bridge in Kansas on sale for cheap.

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
When they say they will be conservative with prematch offers, does that mean they may only fill like 10 seats of the incoming class with pre-match offers? And the rest will have to match on match day? What does being quite conservative mean?
Such optimism about this week.

I have an ocean bridge in Kansas on sale for cheap.
I got some oceanfront property in Arizona… from my front porch, you can see the sea 🌊

• Haha
I got some oceanfront property in Arizona… from my front porch, you can see the sea 🌊
UH has one more day in the week to deliver on the Christmas pre-match promises.

I have not had any offers just like UH hasn't given out any offers.

Do you want to trade our properties tomorrow evening if UH doesn't come through?

Just be patient. It's a long process, another day or week won't hurt. The holidays are around the corner, why don't y'all go shopping to take your minds off it

Just be patient. It's a long process, another day or week won't hurt. The holidays are around the corner, why don't y'all go shopping to take your minds off it
Current winter blast and honestly, I think the waiting game is really hard because you can be putting off preparing to apply another year vs start preparing for a another year of hell and you may not need to

I just wanna know

Agreed @gravytrain30 ! I want to know too but when I spoke to Trisha, she mentioned having a heap of applications to sort through but that was a few weeks ago.

Because we haven’t been released, I’m going to assume she hasn’t yet gotten to our secondaries yet.

Since they canceled an interview date in January, perhaps they will open up one more in February?

Would anyone mind sharing how long it took for the school to appear on your portal after you interviewed?

Just got the prematch offer! IS, interviewed 8/18

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Congratulations @poiems !!!

Hope they also send some invites today!

I’m here to collect my bridge and beachfront Arizona property 👋

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
I’m here to collect my bridge and beachfront Arizona property 👋
The grinch was beat this year! Lol merry Christmas /holidays. Congrats to those who prematched

Congrats! I interviewed in September, so I'm guessing I just didn't prematch this time around
Well, hold on. This school likes to do things randomly. They even sent their II in random order. Your A could come in January or February.

Congrats! I interviewed in September, so I'm guessing I just didn't prematch this time around
same I interviewed in September as well so we will see what happens but not looking good at this point. also for all the pre matches can a few people say their stats or their LM. might give everyone an insight on whether stats played a role at all.

Nice of UH to finally deliver the day before Christmas Eve. I have been pessimistic but @Numpostrophe's inside sources are very good. :)

Congratulations to everyone who prematched.

@LevantinoMD which school are you going to rank 1?

@poiems you have done extremely well this cycle. Are you IS or OOS? A California resident should choose UCLA but very expensive from Texas.

@boomertexas Did you go to the Vatican and get blessed in Europe to come back to two admissions in 2 days?

I counted 3. Is that all that were received on SDN? Anyone know how many they gave out this round?

Reactions: 7 users
@LevantinoMD which school are you going to rank 1?

@poiems you have done extremely well this cycle. Are you IS or OOS? A California resident should choose UCLA but very expensive from Texas.

@boomertexas Did you go to the Vatican and get blessed in Europe to come back to two admissions in 2 days?

I counted 3. Is that all that were received on SDN? Anyone know how many they gave out this round?
@ChocolateDippedDoc also pre matched thats 4 total reported on SDN who knows who else got matched.

any pre matches from september?
same I interviewed in September as well so we will see what happens but not looking good at this point. also for all the pre matches can a few people say their stats or their LM. might give everyone an insight on whether stats played a role at all.
I prematched from an interview in September. LM ~69.

They mentioned releasing them in waves. I can’t pretend to know how their admissions system works but I would not lose hope if you were not prematched today.

Last edited:
Haha thanks everyone. It's super exciting stuff. I interviewed on 10/13 with an LM of 69. No clue how or why I got so many acceptances back to back but I like the pope theory!

Congrats to everyone who got prematches! Let’s all hope for more good news (more prematches, interview invites, even rejection letters at this point) !! Merry Christmas!

Reactions: 6 users