2022-2023 University of Houston (Fertitta)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received an II to my surprise lol, it's been so long. Complete 8/18.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
II just now! I was complete in mid july so this is a welcome surprise :)

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats to everyone who got II! Wonder if that’s the last II wave for this cycle 🤔

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who interviewed 12/8 receive an invitation for a tour yet? They mentioned during the interview that everyone was going to get invited to tout but haven’t heard anything since then

Has anyone who interviewed 12/8 receive an invitation for a tour yet? They mentioned during the interview that everyone was going to get invited to tout but haven’t heard anything since then

I also haven’t heard anything, but they also haven’t appeared on my portal either so idk?

I also haven’t heard anything, but they also haven’t appeared on my portal either so idk?
I figured maybe bc of the holidays everything was delayed. But also wasn’t sure how many weeks after interviewing did they email tour invitations

There are tour spots open for 1/11, 1/17, and 1/20. Probably worth an email or call to see if they can send you the sign up genius link as those dates are coming up.

II on Monday, however will be turning this one down. They are scheduling throughout mid January. Hope it goes to one of y'all.

• Care
Reactions: 13 users
There are tour spots open for 1/11, 1/17, and 1/20. Probably worth an email or call to see if they can send you the sign up genius link as those dates are coming up.
Just emailed them about it and they sent me the sign up link! In case anyone had the same question

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody be got a rejection after secondary submission?

I emailed them to ask about my application status and this is what they say:

Thank you for reaching out to UH College of Medicine to check your app status. Your profile is continually being updated in our system. To check the latest status you would need to check your TMDSAS account.

Any pre-match offers sent out today? I feel like they would be doing 5-6 each week. But who knows, this process is strange

My interview is this Thursday. This will be my fourth TMDSAS interview. Is it much different from other MMIs or is it mostly the same? Will I have at least one opportunity to sell myself like at UTMB or will it be 100% ethical situations?

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
My interview is this Thursday. This will be my fourth TMDSAS interview. Is it much different from other MMIs or is it mostly the same? Will I have at least one opportunity to sell myself like at UTMB or will it be 100% ethical situations?
It’s typical MMI, nothing super unexpected. Yes you can sell yourself for one.

Do TMDSAS schools usually fill their entire class with pre-match offers or do some schools only fill small portions of their class with pre-match offers?

a small portion(10%) or a large portion (like more than 50%)?
It varies from school to school, from 7 offers to over 150 offers.
You have lots of time while you wait for Match day to read up on it, or watch THES YouTube videos.

I'm really curious if this school will send out more prematches. They mentioned wanting to send them weekly, but we have just seen one reported batch so far.

Do you think UH might send out more Invitation Invites or is it done for this cycle?

Honestly I think they might be done
Do you think sending in a LOI at this point would be too late? U of H is my top in-state choice. I got my secondary in October and submitted three days later; haven't heard back about anything yet. You think I should assume rejection, or because of how late I received the secondary there may still be a chance for a II. Thanks!

Do you think sending in a LOI at this point would be too late? U of H is my top in-state choice. I got my secondary in October and submitted three days later; haven't heard back about anything yet. You think I should assume rejection, or because of how late I received the secondary there may still be a chance for a II. Thanks!
better late than never but keep in mind that it’s a letter of interest- a letter of intent would be post interview

I was under the impression that this school doesn't accept letters of interest ? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong :/

Thank you for your email. Our policy states that update letters and information outside of TMDSAS will not be considered. You can try to upload it through your TMDSAS, but there is no guarantee the admissions committee will review it. Thank you for understanding.

This is what I got as a reply when I sent one :/

Reactions: 6 users
Thank you for your email. Our policy states that update letters and information outside of TMDSAS will not be considered. You can try to upload it through your TMDSAS, but there is no guarantee the admissions committee will review it. Thank you for understanding.

This is what I got as a reply when I sent one :/
Thank you so much for letting me know. I really appreciate it! Guess back to waiting.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone have any info on when the next wave of pre-match offers will be sent out?

I hope someone has some information. Theres only 14 days left till the prematch period ends
Wait, the pre-match period ends at the end of this month? I thought they can be offered until February 17th?

Wait, the pre-match period ends at the end of this month? I thought they can be offered until February 17th?
correct me if im wrong but I thought that prematch period runs from october 15th - jan 31st.

Feb 17th is the deadline to put your rank list in order of highest preference to lowest then match day is march 3

Everyone keeps saying January 31st, but Texas Health Education Service website says the final day of prematches is January 29th. TMDSAS Match and Rolling Admissions
Listen y'all, that was the date for January 2022.
You arrived at an inaccurate date by using Google search, and that brought up that OLD article on THES.

For the most accurate information, refer to this year's TMDSAS Guide. TMDSAS Application Guide

** Prematch offers:
Prior to the match, medical schools may extend offers of acceptance to Texas residents for a period between October 15th and January 31st.

**Ranking for schools on TMDSAS portal:
**Eligible applicants rank all schools at which they interviewed according to their preference for attendance. Deadline for applicant match ranking : Friday, February 17, 2023 by 5:00 p.m. CST.

Match Day is March 3, 2023.

How to View Match Results:​

To view your match results, log in to the application.  On the right-hand side of the screen, under [Pending Actions], click on [School Rank Preference]. If you matched to a school, the school name will be listed. 

That is all.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
They have always been selective based on mission and of those interested in staying in the area to practice
selective regarding secondaries though? I think I received my secondary within like an hour from when my primary was processed through tmdsas, so don’t see how they could have reviewed it that fast lol

selective regarding secondaries though? I think I received my secondary within like an hour from when my primary was processed through tmdsas, so don’t see how they could have reviewed it that fast lol
hmm well unusually fast for this school.
Maybe they get secondaries from anyone qualified then screen after reading your essays, for interviews.

hmm well unusually fast for this school.
Maybe they get secondaries from anyone qualified then screen after reading your essays, for interviews.
yeah just double checked it was definitely on the same day but couldn’t figure out how to check the time, I thought my application was a pretty decent mission fit but I didn’t realize that UH actually cares about the two week rule so submitted three weeks after date received, wonder if that played a role in my not getting and interview here

Reactions: 2 users
yeah just double checked it was definitely on the same day but couldn’t figure out how to check the time, I thought my application was a pretty decent mission fit but I didn’t realize that UH actually cares about the two week rule so submitted three weeks after date received, wonder if that played a role in my not getting and interview here
I also received my secondary the morning after my primary submission. maybe there’s a stat screen for automatic secondaries and others are reviewed more selectively?