2022-2023 University of Houston (Fertitta)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also received my secondary the morning after my primary submission. maybe there’s a stat screen for automatic secondaries and others are reviewed more selectively?
When did you submit it? Were you very early in the cycle? Perhaps you were amongst the first batch of applicants and were reviewed almost immediately? It's also possible that you have stats that exceed their screening process, as you said

Members don't see this ad.

It's in their TMDSAS podcast episode. The initial screen is just to filter out any stats they don't think would be successful in medical school given their internal data from the AAMC. It seems pretty forgiving at around 3.0/500. If you don't meet those stats, then they manually review your application and decide on an app-by-app basis to send a secondary.

Reactions: 3 users
Y’all think they are done sending pre-matches? There’s less than 2 weeks left…

Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
So latest interview date for prematch seems to be late September?

Reactions: 1 user
So far about 10 pre-match offers have been sent out. That means 50 seats are still open. There's roughly a week left for pre-matches to be sent out (not including the weekend).

Historically speaking, has any TMDSAS school ever sent pre-matches every single day in the final remaining week? This would mean UH would send 7-8 offers a day starting Monday. Do yall think they will do this?

I don't think we can easily know how many they've sent out. I know of at least one prematch wave then went unreported on here for UTRGV. Personally, I would expect one last prematch wave next week. I'm basing that on the November+ interview dates without prematches and them saying last month that they were aiming for weekly prematch releases.

Reactions: 5 users
So far about 10 pre-match offers have been sent out. That means 50 seats are still open. There's roughly a week left for pre-matches to be sent out (not including the weekend).

Historically speaking, has any TMDSAS school ever sent pre-matches every single day in the final remaining week? This would mean UH would send 7-8 offers a day starting Monday. Do yall think they will do this?
you also have to take into account that the students receiving pre-matches may or may not have received other offers from other schools. Who knows if they will actually even rank UH at number 1 over the other schools? Too many unknowns.

Reactions: 2 users
Interview invite just now. Dates available are the next three Thursdays. Wonder if they are interviewing for waitlist 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: 9 users
I counted 40 members without MS in the groupme with all of the prematch students. My guess is one more prematch wave if they want to fill the class, but I have chatted with a few who plan to go elsewhere so there are plenty of spots open for match day

Reactions: 1 users
Also just got an interview invite! Will our portal update with the zoom link for the interview because I'm not seeing any instructions right now?

Yes an interview tab will appear that will have the links for each MMI station closer to interview day. You’ll be emailed the main link.

Hello everyone, I have an interview on Thursday with UHCOM and I am open to receive any advice? Thanks

Prematched tonight! That was completely unexpected. One of my MMI sessions went so poorly that I just assumed I was dead in the water here. I'm actually shocked. Anyway, add me to the tally!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Prematched tonight! That was completely unexpected. One of my MMI sessions went so poorly that I just assumed I was dead in the water here. I'm actually shocked. Anyway, add me to the tally!
How did they let you know?? - also, congrats!!!

How did they let you know?? - also, congrats!!!
Thank you! I received an email, which included new login info to their UH portal. So it didn't show up in the portal we used to submit secondaries and whatnot. The email said a decision had been made on my app, and I truthfully thought it would be a post-II rejection.

Thank you! I received an email, which included new login info to their UH portal. So it didn't show up in the portal we used to submit secondaries and whatnot. The email said a decision had been made on my app, and I truthfully thought it would be a post-II rejection.
I got that same email just right now, but when I log into the new UH portal, I can't find anything about an admissions decision. I just see all of my information. How exactly did you access it?

I got that same email just right now, but when I log into the new UH portal, I can't find anything about an admissions decision. I just see all of my information. How exactly did you access it?
Unless mine is a rejection and they made a mistake by sending me a login :censored:

Log in and click the communications tab. Should be an offer there. I had to log in on desktop as it wasn’t working on my phone.

Prematched tonight!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Oh, how exciting!! Okay, so everything you need to do is in that email, but it reads kinda weird, for sure. Once you're in, click the very top left box that says "Communications." You should be good from there!

Oh, how exciting!! Okay, so everything you need to do is in that email, but it reads kinda weird, for sure. Once you're in, click the very top left box that says "Communications." You should be good from there!
Im only seeing "announcements", "personal info", and "student financials". Either I'm doing something wrong or something is wrong with my account. :confused:

• Hmm
Congratulations. This is going to be hard for you now!

• Care
Second! But my first Texan one!
Im only seeing "announcements", "personal info", and "student financials". Either I'm doing something wrong or something is wrong with my account. :confused:
Congrats! When did yall interview?

Try this: click Student Financials and then Charges Due. If it says you owe $100 under charges due, you're in lol!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Try this: click Student Financials and then Charges Due. If it says you owe $100 under charges due, you're in lol!
Well it does say that lol I would still like a formal acceptance. I’m so paranoid.

• Care
Well it does say that lol I would still like a formal acceptance. I’m so paranoid.
I 100% feel you! I will offer my congratulations, but completely understand your hesitance to accept it as official. Did you try logging out and logging back in? Maybe a different browser (Safari vs Chrome vs Firefox)?