2022-2023 Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
[mention]beginningswitch2 [/mention] [mention]applicanttime [/mention] thank you so much for your tips/insight, greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
For those that got II within the last few weeks, how soon after your invite is/was your interview? I got the invite yesterday and the first two available options for an interview day were 11/17 and 11/18. I was expecting to have to scheduled for at least a few weeks out.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
For those that got II within the last few weeks, how soon after your invite is/was your interview? I got the invite yesterday and the first two available options for an interview day were 11/17 and 11/18. I was expecting to have to scheduled for at least a few weeks out.
Mine was two weeks after receiving II

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Someone may have cancelled theirs and left you an opening!

• Care
So, for those who finished the MD part (MD-PhD applicants for Toledo's), have you heard back on when the PhD interview part will start? I am assuming we might hear back soon-ish, maybe Nov.-December, perhaps?

@UTCOMLS_Ambassadors I see that there is a place for documents to be uploaded in application portal but there is no mention on the portal or website if update letters are accepted?

• Care
@UTCOMLS_Ambassadors I see that there is a place for documents to be uploaded in application portal but there is no mention on the portal or website if update letters are accepted?
They accept update letters, when I interviewed last year they told me they would probably read updates until 5 days after the interview give or take

• Care
They accept update letters, when I interviewed last year they told me they would probably read updates until 5 days after the interview give or take
I can confirm this to be accurate for this year. I interviewed on Friday and they said to make sure that if we want to submit an update to make sure we do so before November 30th because that is when our file is sent for final decision. So it depends on when you interview.

• Care
As others have said, update letters are accepted! It is best to get them in as soon as possible after your interview to ensure they are read during the final review of your application.

• Care
Complete by 8/12. OOS with LM score of 71. What are my chances of an interview at this stage in the cycle?

Here's our class profile page. Quite a few of my classmates come from out of state but most of them have some tie to Ohio or Toledo specifically, are doing MD/PhD, or did one of Toledo's special programs like the master's or Medstart. Even among the IS crowd, special preference is given to people who have ties to Toledo.

• Care
As others have said, update letters are accepted! It is best to get them in as soon as possible after your interview to ensure they are read during the final review of your application.
I have not had an interview nor interview invite. So, in my situation I was hoping to provide an update as to what I have been doing since submitting activities in the primary (there was no place in the secondary to do this). It was only mentioned by the people above to submit an update letter after an interview but I assume it is also appropriate to do so prior to receiving an interview invite as well?

• Care
I have not had an interview nor interview invite. So, in my situation I was hoping to provide an update as to what I have been doing since submitting activities in the primary (there was no place in the secondary to do this). It was only mentioned by the people above to submit an update letter after an interview but I assume it is also appropriate to do so prior to receiving an interview invite as well?
What I mean is, granted you get an interview, they will review all updates you have sent thus far until a short time frame after your interview. Meaning updates before your II, interview and around a week give or take after your interview. So go ahead and send! Sorry if this was not clear before :)

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What I mean is, granted you get an interview, they will review all updates you have sent thus far until a short time frame after your interview. Meaning updates before your II, interview and around a week give or take after your interview. So go ahead and send! Sorry if this was not clear before :)
No worries, I appreciate the help!

• Care
Anyone heard back yet? Been nearly 2 months and I'm getting antsy

• Care
Yes, it’s appropriate to send one before being invited to interview as well if you have significant updates to your application since submitting the primary. I apologize for the misunderstanding!

• Care
Sent an email this week asking if they had any updates on when we would hear back. Has anyone who interviewed gotten a decision? Of any sort?
Friend interviewed this week and was told they would have a decision within 6 weeks.

• Care
Sent an email this week asking if they had any updates on when we would hear back. Has anyone who interviewed gotten a decision? Of any sort?
Friend interviewed this week and was told they would have a decision within 6 weeks.

Nope, still waiting I sent an email and didn’t get a response either

• Care
From speaking with a member of the admissions committee, it seems like an additional step has been added to the post-interview review so that all members of the committee are involved in each interviewees decision, with the intent to ensure fairness and integrity across the entire process. This might be why wait-times are longer this year, so we apologize for the delay. Best of luck to everyone waiting to hear back!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
A email today. Interviewed in late Sept. OOS

I was actually starting to think it was a silent R lol. Hopefully other people hear back too!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Congrats to you all!! When did you all interview? I'm guessing I still have some time until I get my decision.

• Care
A email today. Interviewed in late Sept. OOS

I was actually starting to think it was a silent R lol. Hopefully other people hear back too!
JUST GOT THE A!!!
A!!! wooooo hooooo
Congratulations you guys!!! Please come check us out in the coming months with a tour or First Look!!! And as always if you have any questions please reach out. Your A's are extremely well deserved, good job!!! 😊😊😊

• Care
Does anybody know the next time they might send out decisions?

• Care
Applied for MD/PhD - Got an A for the MD program!! Interviewed in late Oct

Has anyone heard back about scheduling for the PhD interview portion?

• Care
  • Love
Also got the A today for Regular MD!

• Care
  • Love
Does anyone know if there is a GroupMe yet?

• Care
Does anyone know if there is a GroupMe yet?
So medical student council elections happen next week for us, and after that sometime our class will make a Facebook for your class. Beyond that, you guys will have to make a GroupMe, discord, or whatever else you guys wanna use! They're not hard to make and it would help you guys a lot more than you might think before med school starts!

Also to all accepted peeps, get started on your health forms! They can be a very long process to complete, and school is hard enough! Don't make it harder for yourself by having incomplete stuff in your first few weeks! You should have gotten information in your amp portals on how to fill that out but I'm serious guys, don't delay!!!

• Care
Is Toledo still sending out invites!
Historically they send out invites much further out than just January, sometimes all the way as far out as May/June

• Care
Secondary submitted in early September. Haven't heard anything back since submitting. Anyone else in the same boat?

• Care
Reactions: 6 users