2022-2023 SUNY - Downstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When did you complete?
I was complete on 7/15, but it doesn't say on my portal when they asked me to provide more info. I turned in my update a couple days ago

Members don't see this ad.

Oh damn….i wrote that i was applying to research associate jobs and continuing my volunteering. Do you think that is specific enough or should I be expecting an email as well lol
I would assume our answers are sufficient unless they ask for more information

I was complete on 7/15, but it doesn't say on my portal when they asked me to provide more info. I turned in my update a couple days ago
oh wow, crazy how they didn't even email you to update. I guess they are actively reviewing our apps though...either way, I don't think them asking for more info is a bad thing! If they weren't interested, they could care less

edit: just checked my portal and it seems like Downstate expects us to check our portal here and there:

• Routinely monitor your application checklist located in the left blue menu bar under the status section.
  • Any additional information required of the Admissions Committee will be reflected here
  • Your application will remain on hold until all required action items are received

I learn something new everyday..

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
is everyone supposed to be asked to upload additional info? The applicant checklist tab I saw made it seem like the standard is having applicants upload additional info

is everyone supposed to be asked to upload additional info? The applicant checklist tab I saw made it seem like the standard is having applicants upload additional info

I read the description for that tab and you’re right, it made it seem like its standard but no one from the 2021-2022 thread mentioned uploading addition info

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone else have additional questions asked on their application checklist page? I checked mine and I didn’t but I completed 07/21 so maybe they havent got to mine yet

II just now. Complete 07/21!!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II recieved 8/21, 3.91 sGPA, 3.89 cGPA, IS, 515 MCAT

II 8/22, 73 LizzyM, IS, ORM, complete ~7/15

doesn't seem like they're going in any order l o l

Reactions: 3 users
II yesterday, LM 70, IS, ORM, submitted 7/6/22

does anyone else's application checklist show that their LOR has not been received but has received a complete email and sees the LOR marked as received under "status"?

does anyone else's application checklist show that their LOR has not been received but has received a complete email and sees the LOR marked as received under "status"?
Please email them asap.Same thing happened to me and guess what because of that lor showing as not received, my file wasn't even considered.Once you email them they will fix it for you.And mind you I was "complete" since July and only last week did I figure it wasn't actually complete....while people already received interviews

Please email them asap.Same thing happened to me and guess what because of that lor showing as not received, my file wasn't even considered.Once you email them they will fix it for you.And mind you I was "complete" since July and only last week did I figure it wasn't actually complete....while people already received interviews
omg thank you so much for responding. I've been complete since July 19. literally emailing them right now and scheduling send for 8am

II received today. NY resident, completed 8/1/22 :)

Congrats!! Are they going chronologically?
Thank you! From looking at the thread, it seems like it for the most part (I'm assuming they're probably reviewing those completed in July/August?)

Do you guys think if I was complete in mid-July and haven't heard back I'm on hold? I know it's impossible to tell. Just kinda bummed cuz they're my favorite school :( (they did ask me for more info mid-august but idk if that means much)

Do you guys think if I was complete in mid-July and haven't heard back I'm on hold? I know it's impossible to tell. Just kinda bummed cuz they're my favorite school :( (they did ask me for more info mid-august but idk if that means much)
if they asked for more info, doesn't that mean that your file was technically incomplete until then?

if they asked for more info, doesn't that mean that your file was technically incomplete until then?
I think maybe. I was marked complete until they asked me to tell them about my gap year activities.

I think maybe. I was marked complete until they asked me to tell them about my gap year activities.
Ok so I think maybe that was an essay question you forgot to submit or their system automatically erased it. They did the same for my diversity essay. Either way, I think you should relax. It’s still only September. You’ll be okay :)

Ok so I think maybe that was an essay question you forgot to submit or their system automatically erased it. They did the same for my diversity essay. Either way, I think you should relax. It’s still only September. You’ll be okay :)
Oh interesting I'm glad they cared enough to email us at least lol. Thank you : )

after your Interview, was anyone told how to do the thank yous? not sure if i should upload to the portal or send directly to the interviewer or both

Anyone else who got asked for additional info and then never heard back worried 🥴

It’s ok. I told them I would 120% attend and stay in brklyn to practice but it’s been total silence for me as well. 🥺✌🏼
Word. I truly love this school, but silence for me so far (Complete late July). Best of luck to you this cycle!

• Care
Word. I truly love this school, but silence for me so far (Complete late July). Best of luck to you this cycle!
Complete early August for me! It seems like Downstate has finally started reviewing late july-early aug apps, so hopefully we will hear back soon. Good luck to you as well!

• Care
Anyone else who got asked for additional info and then never heard back worried 🥴
Omg me. I LOVE this school. Completed mid-july, got asked for more info on mid-August so I was marked complete again on mid-August. Based on that I don't know technically which one is my complete date, but I'm hoping for the best :(

• Care
Anyone attended their downstate interview yet? If so, how was it?

II today 9:12 am, NYS resident, Completed Application 8/31/2022

Dates I saw for October (10/5, 10/6, 10/12, 10/13)

Reactions: 2 users
II received! UG GPA 3.53, SMP GPA 3.90; MCAT 518; complete 7/6; ORM, LGBT

Omg me. I LOVE this school. Completed mid-july, got asked for more info on mid-August so I was marked complete again on mid-August. Based on that I don't know technically which one is my complete date, but I'm hoping for the best :(
Me too lol, fingers crossed

Me too lol, fingers crossed
Same boat as you both! Hopefully we all hear great news from Downstate this cycle

can ppl with recent IIs tell us what dates are currently available for interviews?