2022-2023 Stanford

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If we're simultaneously applying Knight-Hennessy did we need to mark that on the secondary? I submitted a while ago and I don't recall seeing it on the secondary but I'm wondering if I made a mistake

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I have some questions about the interview format that wasn't clear to me on the resources page, not sure if anyone knows the answer:
- Can we take notes (sounds like they do encourage note-taking in their "Overview of MMI" video)?
- In Kira talent, are we going to be speaking to a real person (who will give us follow-up questions), or is it just a recorded response?

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, I have some questions about the interview format that wasn't clear to me on the resources page, not sure if anyone knows the answer:
- Can we take notes (sounds like they do encourage note-taking in their "Overview of MMI" video)?
- In Kira talent, are we going to be speaking to a real person (who will give us follow-up questions), or is it just a recorded response?
They were pretty stern about emphasizing no notes during the actual interview itself, but you're fine to write things down during info sessions and presentations. In Kira, all your stations are with a real live person. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Members don't see this ad :)
They were pretty stern about emphasizing no notes during the actual interview itself, but you're fine to write things down during info sessions and presentations. In Kira, all your stations are with a real live person. Let me know if you have any other questions!
Meaning you can't take notes during the 2 mins?

Will the admission office send out both interview invites and/or rejection emails to applicants?

I got an email from my schools KH scholarship representative encouraging me to apply and said that she could also serve as an additional letter of endorsement. Is this standard for everyone who applied to stanford or should I actually consider applying? I haven't got an interview from here so feels like it could be a waste of time and money

I got an email from my schools KH scholarship representative encouraging me to apply and said that she could also serve as an additional letter of endorsement. Is this standard for everyone who applied to stanford or should I actually consider applying? I haven't got an interview from here so feels like it could be a waste of time and money
You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take— Baby Yoda

does anyone know if we are allowed to submit a "Still in press" publication for the post-interview update? It's been peer-reviewed, accepted and is just awaiting processing by the press. How would you submit an ORCID id for that?

does anyone know if we are allowed to submit a "Still in press" publication for the post-interview update? It's been peer-reviewed, accepted and is just awaiting processing by the press. How would you submit an ORCID id for that?
If you're talking about that a paper that has gone from submitted to accepted since you submitted the secondary, I'd say go for it. It may be smarter to send a single update letter with multiple updates integrated, but that's really up to you and dependent on the specifics of your situation.

In terms of ORCID, the ORCID ID is used as a unique identifier for each researcher and helps keep track of peer-reviewed publications (e.g., you can add papers to your ORCID profile, or they may be added automatically). ORCID IDs are assigned to individual researchers and not works (e.g., papers and presentations), so I'm not sure what you mean by that last question. If you end up submitting an update about this accepted work I would recommend including the full citation and preprint DOI (if applicable).

What interview dates were the earliest for people who got II's early on? I got an II today but the earliest date is December 2, which seems really far out.

Got an II today, earliest date available was third week of October

Members don't see this ad :)
II today, complete mid September. I only had January dates available. That seems bad in a way, but I'll take it.

I’m curious whether they tier applicants and we are interviewing more for like leftover spots/the waitlist

If you're talking about that a paper that has gone from submitted to accepted since you submitted the secondary, I'd say go for it. It may be smarter to send a single update letter with multiple updates integrated, but that's really up to you and dependent on the specifics of your situation.

In terms of ORCID, the ORCID ID is used as a unique identifier for each researcher and helps keep track of peer-reviewed publications (e.g., you can add papers to your ORCID profile, or they may be added automatically). ORCID IDs are assigned to individual researchers and not works (e.g., papers and presentations), so I'm not sure what you mean by that last question. If you end up submitting an update about this accepted work I would recommend including the full citation and preprint DOI (if applicable).
Thanks! I don't think my paper has a pre-print DOI yet. Is it ok to upload it on my ORCID profile and say that it was accepted?

Thanks! I don't think my paper has a pre-print DOI yet. Is it ok to upload it on my ORCID profile and say that it was accepted?
It sounds like you want your update letter to read something like this:
A paper I coauthored has been accepted by journal X. For more information, please visit my ORCID profile at [insert ORCID profile link].
While the above is fine, it may be easier to go for something like this so that the admissions people can see all the details in one place rather than needing to go to your ORCID profile and look for the new paper (I don't think it's that important to have the ORCID ID in your update letter unless you already have a publication record but neglected to put it in your secondary):
A paper I coauthored was accepted by journal X:
[insert full citation]
The information that is provided on an ORCID profile is pretty much the same as a full citation, so the second example I give will make things easier for the admissions people.

It sounds like you want your update letter to read something like this:

While the above is fine, it may be easier to go for something like this so that the admissions people can see all the details in one place rather than needing to go to your ORCID profile and look for the new paper (I don't think it's that important to have the ORCID ID in your update letter unless you already have a publication record but neglected to put it in your secondary):

The information that is provided on an ORCID profile is pretty much the same as a full citation, so the second example I give will make things easier for the admissions people.
Thank you so much! This helps!

II for the PSTP program! Complete 7/6. Canadian.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Pstp just in! Completed 7/12. Today is the day that the Lord has made !

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Wow I was wondering why people were saying "PSTP II" and realized I wrote about the PSTP but just applied as normal MD because I thought PSTP was something you can just do later. I even wrote about PSTP in my "why discovery curriculum" secondary and just noticed it was a selection on the actual secondary, Jesus what a clown I am. Didn't prewrite at all so secondary season was rough but pretty sad this was the one I totally blundered on. Well at least I can stop stressing about here :(.
Did the same thing , I was pretty sure you could apply after MD matriculation ? Uh oh..

My first II! I'm so grateful. OOS, complete 9/5. LM 80. 37 year old nontrad with a *very* strange background (BA in Theatre, MBA...just a generally eclectic human).

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
My first II! I'm so grateful. OOS, complete 9/5. LM 80. 37 year old nontrad with a *very* strange background (BA in Theatre, MBA...just a generally eclectic human).
Congrats dude. You sound like a really unique individual. Good luck!

You sound like exactly the type of person I would want as part of my medical school class. Congrats, and best of luck!

Congrats dude. You sound like a really unique individual. Good luck!
Thanks so much! Sometimes the uniqueness is a plus and sometimes it isn't (largely b/c I don't have as many hours in the typical premed categories as I would otherwise...no science research, started clinical experience later, that sort of thing), so I'm genuinely so grateful they took the time to actually holistically review. Thanks again :)

You sound like exactly the type of person I would want as part of my medical school class. Congrats, and best of luck!
Thank you!! I like to think I make schools/workplaces more entertaining, if nothing else. I'm always a heavy hitter in Halloween costume contests. Plus I can talk to patients well after 8,000 years in the business world. :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
For ya applying to PSTP, I took one for the team and asked them. The email to schedule PSTP interview will be out next week. Good luck to us :D

edit: The MD and PSTP interviews are separate. I received the PSTP II but I am only scheduled for MD only, they will send out info about scheduling PSTP interview next week. Sorry for the confusion

Last edited by a moderator:
For ya applying to PSTP, I took one for the team and asked them. The email to schedule PSTP interview will be out next week. Good luck to us :D
Have no pstp interviews been given out yet?

Have no pstp interviews been given out yet?
I think there are some people in this forum who already received PSTP II? But I'm not entirely sure if they're talking about MD-PhD or the PSTP path specifically.

Anyone who's done the MMI willing to share how they felt about it? Was it stressful or more conversational? This is my first MMI and I have no idea what to expect!

Anyone who's done the MMI willing to share how they felt about it? Was it stressful or more conversational? This is my first MMI and I have no idea what to expect!
No need to be stressed. Just prepare to think on your feet about reasonable scenarios you can expect to encounter in school, medicine and real life. Good luck!

edit: The MD and PSTP interviews are separate. I received the PSTP II but I am only scheduled for MD only, they will send out info about scheduling PSTP interview next week. Sorry for the confusion
I haven't received any email about scheduling my PSTP interview yet. Should I be concerned? Just got a II invite to PSTP last week (scheduled for MD only so far)