2022-2023 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A 🥹 sending good vibes to those still waiting, you’re all amazing humans 🤞

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
So any insight into the "continued review" email? Do they send this to everyone post-II who they haven't accepted in the 1st wave, or do they actually ghost/reject some post-IIs as well? Trying to gauge my expectations for getting an A in the remaining waves after getting the continued review email.

So any insight into the "continued review" email? Do they send this to everyone post-II who they haven't accepted in the 1st wave, or do they actually ghost/reject some post-IIs as well? Trying to gauge my expectations for getting an A in the remaining waves after getting the continued review email.
Would love to know this as well

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm aware of at least one person who was accepted in March after being placed on continuing review in January. 0 < p ≤ 1 that we get in as well!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when second look is for this school?

Reactions: 2 users
I wish I had the balls to withdraw from this school as a sign of protest towards their weekly spam emails.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
II this morning! Complete 6/27. I ain’t hear no bell

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
II! :O I sent an update letter for a pub about 2 weeks ago

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats everyone!!!! Did you guys just get the invite, or do you think there were all sent at the same time like an hour ago? complete since July and haven't gotten a pre-ii R yet and just waiting here in limbo :)

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just put me out of my misery lol.... I have not received any updates, not even grad school promo emails.

Reactions: 17 users
Can anyone provide insight into what the interview was like and how were the interviewers? Apologies if this has already been addressed earlier in the thread :)

Did they say when second look weekend would be in the spring?

Can anyone provide insight into what the interview was like and how were the interviewers? Apologies if this has already been addressed earlier in the thread :)
I don't want to get throat punched by Sinai for discussing the actual structure of the interviews, but I did get the sense that they selected interviewers based on my interests/experiences. One of my interviewers had clearly spent some time reading my app whereas the other seemed to have only glanced at it beforehand.

I don't want to get throat punched by Sinai for discussing the actual structure of the interviews, but I did get the sense that they selected interviewers based on my interests/experiences. One of my interviewers had clearly spent some time reading my app whereas the other seemed to have only glanced at it beforehand.
Seconding this. Interviewers seem to pick applicants based on activities/experiences that they themselves find interesting. One of my interviewers really did her homework on my application and seemed genuinely interested in the things she asked me about.

Have any reapplicants gotten an II from here yet? I got one last year but haven't so far this cycle.

Is there any way to know how many II's they sent out so far? I didn't see anything on their website. Thanks

My interviewers here were both more formal than my interviewers at Cornell and Columbia, though my first interviewer was still very warm. Both knew my application fairly well and asked reasonable, specific questions about it- definitely some good questions, but no stress interviewing. That being said, my second interviewer didn't smile until the very end of the interview when I started asking her about a program she runs that aligns with her interests! It definitely paid off to do some thorough resume stalking lol.

Pre II R. Good luck to everyone else still in the process!!

Reactions: 2 users
Pre II-R. At this point I have 0 IIs, how likely is reapplication đź« 

LM 73.5

• Care
update sent 1/17 after being complete idk when, pre-ii r just now. oos LM 71-72. good luck to everyone else!

No Pre-II R for me, but I doubt they’re sending interview invites. So I’m confused.

Reactions: 11 users
Pre-II R, complete July, LM 82, international, no updates sent - gl to everyone still waiting to hear back! ❤️

No Pre-II R for me, but I doubt they’re sending interview invites. So I’m confused.
Same. This is so bizarre. I've honestly started to wonder if they lost my application.

Reactions: 9 users
Same. This is so bizarre. I've honestly started to wonder if they lost my application.
Maybe it is like a tsunami. The second wave will make sure we die.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users