2022-2023 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just unsubscribe lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Not me sitting here, confused, and slowly realizing I'm not even good enough for a promotional email
emoji1782.png

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If any of y'all become med students here please tell them to kindly stop for the sake of future applicants

Reactions: 2 users
Was anyone able to confirm whether or not first round of decisions will be released today?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else who completed a secondary not gotten any other emails from Icahn? Like I haven’t even gotten the masters program emails mentioned in the threads
I haven't gotten anything either.

Reactions: 5 users
Yesterday's Icahn Insight nearly gave me a heart attack... but the wording of it makes me hopeful that admissions decisions will be released this week! Good luck everybody :)
Yeah, it’ll be Friday 😭 I am not ready emotionally. I hate how in the interview day info sessions it’s all WHEN you’re here and how you’re basically already in but like… you’re only picking ~1/4 of us haha.

Good luck everyone. Maybe this year we really can all get in haha

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone else who completed a secondary not gotten any other emails from Icahn? Like I haven’t even gotten the masters program emails mentioned in the threads
I called on Friday and was advised to send an update letter or letter of continued interest ASAP, since they'll be sending the last interview invites very soon. They did promise though that all applications would be reviewed by multiple individuals, so regardless, we'll be looked at.

Reactions: 7 users
I called on Friday and was advised to send an update letter or letter of continued interest ASAP, since they'll be sending the last interview invites very soon. They did promise though that all applications would be reviewed by multiple individuals, so regardless, we'll be looked at.
Omg thank you for this!! I just uploaded an update to the portal a few days ago and felt like it was already pointless since I didn’t hear anything back. This rejuvenated me

Omg thank you for this!! I just uploaded an update to the portal a few days ago and felt like it was already pointless since I didn’t hear anything back. This rejuvenated me
No problem. Not hearing anything is super stressful, so I'm glad this helped

Yeah, it’ll be Friday 😭 I am not ready emotionally. I hate how in the interview day info sessions it’s all WHEN you’re here and how you’re basically already in but like… you’re only picking ~1/4 of us haha.

Good luck everyone. Maybe this year we really can all get in haha
Ahhh is it really only ¼?? The post-II acceptance sheet says ~35-40% but I’m not sure if that’s counting those who were accepted through one of Icahn’s early assurance programs. My hopes aren’t high but they’re still hanging on :,))

was anyone able to upload an update letter to the portal? I've been trying on an off for the last few weeks but get hit with an error message every time....

I was able to just now. Maybe it's file type? I uploaded a pdf which worked.
oh hmm I've been trying pdf and get the error "Validation failed for one or more entities. See 'EntityValidationErrors' property for more details."

Maybe it's because I'm trying to do it pre-ii? idk...I even tried it in incognito and same issue :/

Check file size, and if it still doesnt work, just email it and let them know you tried online first before emailing them

This single message probably resulted in 10-25 update letters to Sinai lmao.

• Haha
Reactions: 21 users
Since Sinai is my top choice, I've been so nervous to hear back tomorrow. Best of luck to everyone awaiting decisions and IIs!

Reactions: 4 users
Does Mt Sinai release all decisions once or in batches?

I just got II done this week and wondering if they have enough time to make decisions for tomorrow.

Does Mt Sinai release all decisions once or in batches?

I just got II done this week and wondering if they have enough time to make decisions for tomorrow.
I don’t think so from past trends. Most January interviews will hear back in the second round (late Feb). The last round of acceptance will happen in March after which the WL will be made.

Has anyone else tried to upload a letter of interest only to be met with a "validation error" for "one or more entities"?

II just now complete 6/24 something else can take this one tho lol

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Do you guys think this was the last round of Interview invitations or are more left?

Do they usually send II throughout the day or all at once?

Do you guys think this was the last round of Interview invitations or are more left?
It's not over til it's over. If you haven't recieved a rejection yet, you're not out yet.

Reactions: 8 users
Not another info session email with "You're Invited!" in the subject LMAO

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 16 users
Getting emails from Sinai with “You’re invited!” in the subject title only for it to be some graduate program info session lol 😔

Reactions: 1 users
Nah I really fell for the graduate school email again

Reactions: 1 users