2022-2023 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just curious- are they releasing any Rs or just As and continuing reviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does this mean there won’t be any A’s next week?

Anyone receive a Post-A email from the "Student Financial Services Office with log-in information to our Applicant Service Portal in order to upload documents and view your financial aid application status."?
yes

Has anyone gotten off continuing review yet? If not, do you think theyll take people off before March (maybe this friday?)?

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone gotten off continuing review yet? If not, do you think theyll take people off before March (maybe this friday?)?
Most likely sometime around Friday 3/17. That'll be the last acceptance wave before formal waitlists begin.

Reactions: 1 user
Do they send post-II rejections or do they keep everyone on continued review or waitlist

Do they send post-II rejections or do they keep everyone on continued review or waitlist
The way I understand it, there is a final acceptance wave in March, after which all deferred students are put on the waitlist. I haven’t seen post-II Rs but I assume they are reserved for rude/horrible interviewers.

Last edited:
The way I understand it, there is a final acceptance wave in March, after which all deferred students are put on the waitlist. I haven’t seen and post-II Rs but I assume they are reserved for rude/horrible interviewers.
Thank you!! Confusing when diff schools have different processes

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the dates of their revisit weekend? Also, do they have an accepted student chat?

Last edited:
Does anyone know when the next round of decisions are supposed to be released?

Received a phone call from Dean Parkas congratulating me on my A. I missed the call, but she left a lovely voicemail.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if they offer housing or financial aid to attend second look?

For those deferred in January, do we have an idea of the chance of getting an A in March? Like have just a few deferred people gotten an A with a vast majority WL, or do a lot of deferred applicants get an A?

Just wondering if I should have any hope or if i should plan on attending another school at this point.

Any Feb Interviewees also waiting to hear back? Does it look like turn around time is 1mo post interview? Interviewed early february

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed in early Feb. they let u know in late March is what I heard. From previous threads looks like mar 24…

I spoke with the dean of admissions and they told me that no financial assistance will be provided for travel to second look day. But they will try and have us to stay with a student host :)

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone receive a FInaid offer? Their Finaid office seems to be disorganized :/

Does anyone know when the next round of decisions are supposed to be released? Tomorrow maybe?

Does anyone know when the next round of decisions are supposed to be released? Tomorrow maybe?
I'm optimistic about tomorrow, but I think it will be next Friday based on what other Feb interviewers have passed along. I will still be checking my email all day tomorrow tho

Reactions: 4 users
I’m hoping more decisions will be released today. Best of luck everyone!

Reactions: 6 users
Wishing best of luck to everyone! Since today is match day, I highly highly doubt any decisions will come until next week. Further, based on prior years and what the admissions team said during Feb interview, late March is the earliest they will announce the next batch of acceptances and create a waitlist too. March 24 is highly likely...

I was pretty sure we'd hear back today since March decisions were released on match day the past two years. Fingers crossed for everyone!!

Hey, it could just be released later in the day. You never know.

Since my only other post on SDN was associated with stupid, ironic timing, I hope this increases the chances of the decisions dropping today.

Does anyone know what Mount Sinai gives you in their welcome package? I know some schools give portable ultrasounds, ipads, stethoscopes, etc.

Just got an Icahn Insights email... are these scheduled to be sent?? Why would they send it on a Saturday morning lol? They wouldn't send any decisions on a saturday....would they... ????

• Wow
Does anybody know when they are having the revisit weekend?

Is there an admitted student group? Does anyone have the match list from this year?

does anyone have statistics or insight on the chances of getting in after being put on continued review in January?

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
I'm guessing we'll hear something around 4pm tomorrow. Fingers crossed for everyone!

• Hmm
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users