2022-2023 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am on the same boat! I haven't heard anything about an official group me or facebook

right! is there no group to communicate on? I feel like I'm missing out or something
I'm assuming this is the official FB group as it was just recently created. The admins are Icahn Students: Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai - Class of 2027 | Facebook

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anybody have an idea of how many people are on the WL, if it’s ranked or not, and how many people typically get off of the WL?
also on the WL and would love to know this info too :/

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A here, however will most likely withdraw it. Good luck to everyone!
For reference, LM 82.40, multiple gap years.

Reactions: 3 users
This has always been my dream school <3 To those who got in, huge congrats! To those who didn't, there's something greater out there for you :) Keep up the great work!

Last edited:
No facebook group, group me or financial aid for travel assistance ? -___-

Anyone know if the clerkship yr grades of H/HP/P/F are capped or graded on a curve at sinai?

Anyone know if the clerkship yr grades of H/HP/P/F are capped or graded on a curve at sinai?
At my interview day a student made a point that they aren't graded on a curve so that it was "easier" to get honors. I'm assuming that means it isn't capped either then

At my interview day a student made a point that they aren't graded on a curve so that it was "easier" to get honors. I'm assuming that means it isn't capped either then
Thanks for the info! I wish there was an active groupme or student chat so we could ask some questions and learn more about the school!

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for the info! I wish there was an active groupme or student chat so we could ask some questions and learn more about the school!
I was told by a current student that accepted students will be invited to an official Facebook group within the week as well as be notified about housing for second look soon!

I was wondering if a current student could speak to how tiered grading clerkships affect school culture (e.g competitive, stressful) during clerkships? Is there internal ranking or AOA?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering if a current student could speak to how tiered grading clerkships affect school culture (e.g competitive, stressful) during clerkships? Is there internal ranking or AOA?
when i asked, culture is SUPER chill, clerkship grading is individual based on the assessment of those in charge, you're not competing for a set number of spots in high pass, honors, etc. No internal ranking. No AOA.

Has anyone heard back about housing for second look from Sinai? Genuinely worried because I don’t have a backup plan

Have ppl gotten pre-II R's here? I haven't heard anything at all - assuming this is an R at this point

Does anybody have an idea of how many people are on the WL, if it’s ranked or not, and how many people typically get off of the WL?
Just wanted to check in again and see if anyone had any thoughts on this

Anyone know if there is significant WL movement here?
I think past years' threads have shown that starting around May 4th there is some movement through the end of May - so maybe this Friday?

Holding out hope for us all!

Reactions: 6 users
I know someone who got off the waitlist today around 8am eastern time

• Wow
just got off the WL! is there an accepted students groupchat?
Did you send any updates? Since I think WL is ranked im not even sure if updates help unless it updates the ranking of applicant (.e.g. major research pub or something vs started volunteering at XYZ). Any advice or info appreciated! Congrats again!!!

A!!!

Was on the waitlist. Accepted 11 AM EST today. So excited!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Low key scared cuz I’ve only ever seen like 3-4 As posted each thread. Depends on who actually gets in and posts on sdn but hope is dwindling. Congrats to all the waitlisters turned As though! Manifesting more 🥹🤞

Sinai has historically had occasional movement into June and July - as they say, it's not over until it's over. Plus, SDN is never an absolute source, considering people don't always post and also people delete acceptance posts after the fact, making apparent waitlist movement much lower than it appears.

Also, worth noting that today was apparently graduation for Sinai (source: I was physically in the building), so administration might be a tad busy at the moment.

Sinai has historically had occasional movement into June and July - as they say, it's not over until it's over. Plus, SDN is never an absolute source, considering people don't always post and also people delete acceptance posts after the fact, making apparent waitlist movement much lower than it appears.

Also, worth noting that today was apparently graduation for Sinai (source: I was physically in the building), so administration might be a tad busy at the moment.
Ok fair, appreciate the info. Yes Ik it’s definitely variable just my hope is dwindling is all because historically their waitlists are huge and most movement occurs in may with remaining months more of a trickle. That and the fact that those of us who have to get housing set up for another school if accepted somewhere on pte, got that burden of time and waiting. Anyway, trying to keep some sliver of hope and appreciate the reassurance there’s still a chance.

Been a while since the last post, anyone still on WL head back from school? Or know anyone that got off WL recently?

Been a while since the last post, anyone still on WL head back from school? Or know anyone that got off WL recently?
I called admissions like 2 weeks ago & they basically said that the class is full & they're admitting people as seats become available.

I called admissions like 2 weeks ago & they basically said that the class is full & they're admitting people as seats become available.
Expected as much. June prob will be really quiet unless someone gets cold feet. July 15th is cte for those who can wait. Been “fun” but sayonara Sinai, happy to have at least interviewed ig. Wishing best of luck to those who are able to stick it out more or have no choice (especially then I wish you the best of luck because you are meant to be a doctor and will be a great one).

Expected as much. June prob will be really quiet unless someone gets cold feet. July 15th is cte for those who can wait. Been “fun” but sayonara Sinai, happy to have at least interviewed ig. Wishing best of luck to those who are able to stick it out more or have no choice (especially then I wish you the best of luck because you are meant to be a doctor and will be a great one).
Why does it matter that july 15th is the CTE? Do you just mean that they will probably have already gotten in off of a waitlist and choose to go there instead which will open up a spot at Sinai?

Why does it matter that july 15th is the CTE? Do you just mean that they will probably have already gotten in off of a waitlist and choose to go there instead which will open up a spot at Sinai?
Few things. #1. Updated CTE for Sinai is actually July 17th this year (7/15 was from a previous year, I have found out). #2. You are correct. CTE means those with acceptance who have not committed must make a final decision. If someone admitted has another acceptance off a waitlist by that time, this is the last chance they have to make final decision. Most waitlist movement occurs in May. June is almost always a quiet month. Movement happens around big decision dates like 5/1, and CTE deadlines. After CTE deadline, expect that the following week or two to be the highest chance you could get off the waitlist, if at all. While there are very, very rare cases of students who got in the week before classes started, this is a tale of once in a blue moon. I do not want to get hopes up, so I say it just to be matter of fact. Waitlist movement is going to be very minimal at this point, if any, from Sinai because their class is now full. I would say that by end of July, if you have not heard anything, it's almost certifiably not going to happen. I hope by that time you get an acceptance, if you do not have one already, as that is the bottom line goal anyway. But if you are accepted and just holding out for Sinai right now, best of luck and godspeed if you can (and are willing) to wait that long. Hope that helps.

Few things. #1. Updated CTE for Sinai is actually July 17th this year (7/15 was from a previous year, I have found out). #2. You are correct. CTE means those with acceptance who have not committed must make a final decision. If someone admitted has another acceptance off a waitlist by that time, this is the last chance they have to make final decision. Most waitlist movement occurs in May. June is almost always a quiet month. Movement happens around big decision dates like 5/1, and CTE deadlines. After CTE deadline, expect that the following week or two to be the highest chance you could get off the waitlist, if at all. While there are very, very rare cases of students who got in the week before classes started, this is a tale of once in a blue moon. I do not want to get hopes up, so I say it just to be matter of fact. Waitlist movement is going to be very minimal at this point, if any, from Sinai because their class is now full. I would say that by end of July, if you have not heard anything, it's almost certifiably not going to happen. I hope by that time you get an acceptance, if you do not have one already, as that is the bottom line goal anyway. But if you are accepted and just holding out for Sinai right now, best of luck and godspeed if you can (and are willing) to wait that long. Hope that helps.
That was very helpful thank you!

So the only movement is from people with an acceptance who also got off another waitlist?

why does everyone gaslight you into saying the waitlist is amazing. the odds of getting off actually seem pretty bad.
It depends on the school.
I've seen some schools take 50 students off their waitlist. There is a pdf on AAMC giving stats about this but unfortunately Sinai does not provide any stats for how many people they take off their waitlist.