2022-2023 Mayo Clinic - Minnesota (Alix)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone else complete relatively early (7/11 for me) and heard absolutely nothing? no continued review emails or anything at all? at this point just put me out of my misery and give me my R
I was complete 7/7 and same boat except I got the continued review email but I applied for AZ campus. Idk I’ve lost hope lol I think the only send out IIs this month then they’re done which sucks.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got an email saying my interview has been discussed and "committee score" was determined. This is 10 days after interview. Does this mean they review a batch every two weeks? Do they compare everybody and rank by score near Jan/Feb?

Got an email saying my interview has been discussed and "committee score" was determined. This is 10 days after interview. Does this mean they review a batch every two weeks? Do they compare everybody and rank by score near Jan/Feb?
My interviewer told me they try to review everyone the Monday following their interview, but that doesn't always happen. But yes, they determine your score, put you in the list, then wait til they have everyone, then release decisions in Feb, if I'm understanding everything correctly.

I know MCASOM loves letters of intent post II... do the majority of accepted students send one or can we go by without sending one? Mayo is top of my list but I don't want to fully commit without knowing fin aid offers, visiting the school, etc...

I know MCASOM loves letters of intent post II... do the majority of accepted students send one or can we go by without sending one? Mayo is top of my list but I don't want to fully commit without knowing fin aid offers, visiting the school, etc...
Unless I am mistaken, a letter of intent does not "commit" you to going to a particular school, just that it should only be sent to your top choice.

Unless I am mistaken, a letter of intent does not "commit" you to going to a particular school, just that it should only be sent to your top choice.
ya my bad, i meant like I dont want to tell them they are my top choice and then get a better offer at a different school and take back what I said.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah people only send if theyre 100% set on the school. letter of intent also reduces your finaid bargaining capabilities. Plenty get in without sending one, some schools just "like them" as a way of protecting yield that's really all. Wouldnt worry about it if you're not set on going to mayo!

ya my bad, i meant like I dont want to tell them they are my top choice and then get a better offer at a different school and take back what I said.
You can send a letter of interest instead! They like those as well. My interviewer said to at least send thank you notes, and the people that get in are those that show the most interest via updates and interest/intent letters.

You can send a letter of interest instead! They like those as well. My interviewer said to at least send thank you notes, and the people that get in are those that show the most interest via updates and interest/intent letters.
is it worth it to send one pre-II?

Got an II to the MN campus this morning! LM 70, OOS, complete 8/11. Definitely did not expect this one!

Reactions: 6 users
II to MN campus earlier!! So freaking pumped for this one, OOS complete 7/24

Out of curiosity, did you get a "your application is still under consideration" email prior to this? Congrats!!
Personally, I did not receive any communication from Mayo prior to getting the II yesterday morning. Never got the "still under consideration" emails, nor did I send an update letter to them.

Personally, I did not receive any communication from Mayo prior to getting the II yesterday morning. Never got the "still under consideration" emails, nor did I send an update letter to them.
Same here about the email, but I received a "follow up" call before submitting my secondary and 4 days after submitting it I received my II.

Out of curiosity, did you get a "your application is still under consideration" email prior to this? Congrats!!
Thank you:) And no I did not! I did upload an update letter at the beginning of October tho.

Did anyone else receive a package/gift like 2 days after their interview?

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone else receive a package/gift like 2 days after their interview?
I got mine today on my interview day! Which worked out because I got stood up by my first interviewer, so I had to call admissions who quickly rescheduled it. LOL. It's been a weird day folks.

Even after all the mix ups, my interview today was absolutely AMAZING! Good luck to everyone. This was a very conversational interview with some "tell me about a time..." questions.

• Love
Just got a “your app is still under consideration” email today after silence (minus URM recruitment emails). Complete on 7/19 and OOS!

Reactions: 3 users
anyone else complete relatively early (7/11 for me) and heard absolutely nothing? no continued review emails or anything at all? at this point just put me out of my misery and give me my R
I was complete around the same time and received the “still under consideration” email this morning.

I was complete around the same time and received the “still under consideration” email this morning.
I just got the "still under review" email and just about had a heart attack. I thought it was a rejection, due to the subject line, so at least it wasn't that lol

Reactions: 1 users
Also wondering why they would send this email now. I thought they stopped extending interview invites in November, so what's the point? Just give me my R

I got the still under consideration email a while ago and still haven't heard back yet, should I consider this a soft R?

Also wondering why they would send this email now. I thought they stopped extending interview invites in November, so what's the point? Just give me my R
Thats interesting. I've read that they don't send out offers until April or something like that. Why wouldn't they interview more people until then? Would appreciate any info as my application is currently categorized "under consideration" as well.

They stop in Nov according to what? :(
according to their MD admissions website, applicants are invited to interview Aug-Nov. I checked last year's thread to be sure, and the last reported II on there was Nov 22. I'd like to think that this email is evidence that they might extend another round of II before the end of the month, or continue inviting into december, but i don't wanna give myself false hope

Thats interesting. I've read that they don't send out offers until April or something like that. Why wouldn't they interview more people until then? Would appreciate any info as my application is currently categorized "under consideration" as well.
first offers are extended in Feb, according to their website and last year's thread

according to their MD admissions website, applicants are invited to interview Aug-Nov. I checked last year's thread to be sure, and the last reported II on there was Nov 22. I'd like to think that this email is evidence that they might extend another round of II before the end of the month, or continue inviting into december, but i don't wanna give myself false hope
It also says "These time frames are subject to change." Is the "still under consideration" email new this cycle? I didn't see it in last year's thread.

It also says "These time frames are subject to change." Is the "still under consideration" email new this cycle? I didn't see it in last year's thread.
Yes, it seems in previous years that they used holds, which haven't been reported this year at all. In 2020 II were extended as late as Dec15, so perhaps there is more to come from Mayo

I got the "still under consideration" email in sept, but nothing today. weird. although i applied for AZ campus

They finish sending IIs in November??!?!?! Shietttt I thought my "still under consideration" email in Sep meant that they were still taking my app seriously

Ok folks. Mayo interviews through December and then is done per their admissions info (I mean maybe slightly into Jan but this is what they say). They call everyone accepted on 3-4 days starting Feb. 13th (last year the Monday was Feb. 14th cue the heartbreak lol). Their wait list then moves in May. They did mention about 50 people come off the waitlist, and they extend around 200 initial acceptances during my interview info session.

1669081741970.png

Me hearing these hard truths after having the false hope of maybe getting a II from them

• Care
  • Haha
Ok folks. Mayo interviews through December and then is done per their admissions info (I mean maybe slightly into Jan but this is what they say). They call everyone accepted on 3-4 days starting Feb. 13th (last year the Monday was Feb. 14th cue the heartbreak lol). Their wait list then moves in May. They did mention about 50 people come off the waitlist, and they extend around 200 initial acceptances during my interview info session.
i thought they only extended 50 initial acceptances in Feb per campus