2022-2023 Mayo Clinic - Minnesota (Alix)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi guys - so I reached out to the admissions email just to ask if there was any update to my status since I haven't heard anything for months. Their response was "Your application is still under consideration for interview. Your application currently on hold until a decision is made." So am I on hold? I never got a hold email like others have. Just a little confused

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know how many people are usually on Pre-II hold? And how likely are they to interview from that pool?

Members don't see this ad :)
Would anyone mind sharing what the vibe of their interviews were here? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: 1 user
Would anyone mind sharing what the vibe of their interviews were here? Thanks in advance!
Laid back. Conversational. Just chatted about my app. I had two professors/physicians. I think some people get one professor and one med student, so it depends on your schedule. But overall, chill. Just know your app well and know "why medicine"

Reactions: 1 users
Laid back. Conversational. Just chatted about my app. I had two professors/physicians. I think some people get one professor and one med student, so it depends on your schedule. But overall, chill. Just know your app well and know "why medicine"
That's awesome to hear, thank you so much! Glad you had a positive experience:)

Honestly the faculty member that interviewed me was like a literal gem of a human being--now I just hope she thought as highly of me as I do of her. The students also seem to be genuinely happy.

Quick question, does Mayo acknowledge receiving our thank you notes? I guess since they value interest so heavily, I'm scared of my uploads slipping through the cracks and never being seen by the adcom. Thanks x

• Love
Honestly the faculty member that interviewed me was like a literal gem of a human being--now I just hope she thought as highly of me as I do of her. The students also seem to be genuinely happy.

Quick question, does Mayo acknowledge receiving our thank you notes? I guess since they value interest so heavily, I'm scared of my uploads slipping through the cracks and never being seen by the adcom. Thanks x
So I did upload my thank you notes, but I also reached out to the admissions team to ask for the personal emails of my MD and student interviewers. I sent a similar but more casual email to each of them. Good luck!

Do we think they are done sending out II? Is it worth sending an update letter at this point?

Do we think they are done sending out II? Is it worth sending an update letter at this point?
I've been on hold since early Sept and am planning on sending an update this week! Prob too late but you never know!

I'm hearing that they are basically finished sending IIs. Is this rumor true?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm hearing that they are basically finished sending IIs. Is this rumor true?
On their website it says they end sending interview invites in November, so unfortunately I guess so
I would assume so. Interview invites start early and go through November and the interview season runs from Sept-Dec. Committee meets in Jan to build the class. Outside of maybe space-filling invites I would assume it's grim from here on out.

Dang... placed on hold in Sept and finally send an update letter this week. They prob think I'm a clown lol

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
For those that interviewed, did anyone also receive the "post interview review complete" email? Kind of scary how they notify us when they have casted judgement on us haha

• Haha
Aight if they stop sending IIs in November why did they send pre-II Rs to some people but not others? It's almost Christmastime just give me the big fat R already

I think last year they waited till January to send out all the R's.

For those that interviewed, did anyone also receive the "post interview review complete" email? Kind of scary how they notify us when they have casted judgement on us haha
Yes I did get that email. "We have handed down judgement... sit tight for 2+ more months and stew with that knowledge". Also should I still bother with an LOI?

Yes I did get that email. "We have handed down judgement... sit tight for 2+ more months and stew with that knowledge". Also should I still bother with an LOI?
I think it's better to submit one and not risk it, last cycle they sent out an email letting people know if they wanted to send in an LOI to do it by very early January which I think was when they were finalizing As so I think you still have time to do so

Hi everyone, sad day as this was my dream school :( been radio silence for over a month now from all schools. I am glad they let me know early though.

Pre-II R, MCAT: 515, GPA: 3.98. Canadian student from Toronto. Application complete 07/26, Update received 09/23, R received 12/14 2:44pm EST. No ties to AZ or Mayo which may have played a role. Working in a hospital (inpatient surgery) for over a year as a PCA, personal trainer during my undergrad, no research, soccer coach and tons of shadowing exp (almost over 100 hours emerg, OR, Geriatrics etc).

Best of luck to all the great applicants out there who are in the same boat or received II!

• Care
Pre-II R, hold early November, 518 and 3.9, strong ties to AZ

• Care
Also got R yesterday :( complete 9/22 and sent update last week for no reason lol

• Care
Got what im (pretty) sure is a likely letter from my interviewer a couple weeks ago, is this generally positive news as far as results go?

Got what im (pretty) sure is a likely letter from my interviewer a couple weeks ago, is this generally positive news as far as results go?
Pretty sure I got the same thing (post final review). I was told not to look into it too much by a current student as a lot can change when they finalize the class, although it is an indication we did well on our interviews.

Pretty sure I got the same thing (post final review). I was told not to look into it too much by a current student as a lot can change when they finalize the class, although it is an indication we did well on our interviews.
did you get it after they sent the "you application has been scored" or whatever email

Did you send in an update? Wonder if that prompted the response.
nah I sent one a while ago

Not me absolutely spiraling since I just got a regular response from my interviewer... :/
likely letters are a separate correspondence, not usually in response to a thank you email. I also got a generally normal response to my thank you email.

Pre-II R this weekend, complete early July, OOS, LM and WARS ~ 80

• Care
Just adding on but I also just got the "we ranked you highly at our committee meeting" email this morning. Got it about a couple of days after the "post-interview review complete" email last week.

Just adding on but I also just got the "we ranked you highly at our committee meeting" email this morning. Got it about a couple of days after the "post-interview review complete" email last week.
I'm gonna have to get off here until February, the little things Mayo does like this sends my neuroticism into overdrive lmao.

But, for real, congrats! That has to be a good sign!

• Care
Has anyone from the AZ track gotten one of these ominous "we like you a lot" emails...?

For those who have got a "highly ranked" email, was your interview for the Rochester or Florida campus?

Did everyone else who interviewed get a reminder email about admissions timeline and to send a LOI?

Reactions: 9 users