2022-2023 Mayo Clinic - Minnesota (Alix)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I did not apply here but got an email recently from a @gmail address apparently from their office of DEI, asking me to apply. It got filtered into my spam folder but even though it doesn't seem like a spam attempt (no links), it is a bit unusual. Anybody else get the same email? I feel like it is too late to apply now.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I just received an email saying my application is “still under consideration,” nothing about II, R, or a hold. Is this email literally just an update that I don’t have a decision yet, or is it basically a hold?
I am also very confused by this... It sounds like soft hold (is that a thing?)

I did not apply here but got an email recently from a @gmail address apparently from their office of DEI, asking me to apply. It got filtered into my spam folder but even though it doesn't seem like a spam attempt (no links), it is a bit unusual. Anybody else get the same email? I feel like it is too late to apply now.

Seems very odd using @gmail email. Might want to verify from an official school source that its legit.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So strange! I did too. Definitely a bit unusual...

Interviewed 9/19 and received a cup in the mail today. Is that normal for Mayo?

For people who have gotten interviews for both tracks, did you receive them in the same email? Or separate emails/days?

II today... Minnesota track. Complete July 21st. Holy ****.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II (Canadian) around 4:13pm ET!!! First interview of the cycle, superrrrrrr grateful :')
Edit: MN track!! First choice!! Literally wrote in my essay "the cold weather is no stranger to someone who grew up in the Great White North", lol. Hope they saw that and chuckled.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
II with the MN track!
LM: 76, WARS: 94, OOS, ORM, Submitted 7/25

Reactions: 3 users
Anybody know how long until they get back to you with your interview times?

II to MN track yesterday. LM 79, ORM, OOS with ties to state. Super excited!

II (Canadian) around 4:13pm ET!!! First interview of the cycle, superrrrrrr grateful :')
Edit: MN track!! First choice!! Literally wrote in my essay "the cold weather is no stranger to someone who grew up in the Great White North", lol. Hope they saw that and chuckled.
what was your complete date!!

I just received an email saying my application is “still under consideration,” nothing about II, R, or a hold. Is this email literally just an update that I don’t have a decision yet, or is it basically a hold?
I just got this same email… anyone knows what it means?

R, OOS LM 77 and submitted 9/24

• Care
Anyone get an R today that also got that email earlier (last month ish) saying that their app is still under consideration?

Anyone get an R today that also got that email earlier (last month ish) saying that their app is still under consideration?
I never received that email, so maybe they had already decided my fate and made me wait to prolong my suffering

Reactions: 1 user
Pre-ii R (on the same day I got a Stanford ii - definitely made the R hurt less). Complete 9/9. LizzyM 80.

My LM 63, complete 7/10, ass, sitting here with radio silence seeing all’y’all’s R’s
IMG_4723.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
Congrats on your II! Did you send a letter of interest or update by any chance after your hold!

Thank you so much!
I did not. Took it as a soft R and went “fair enough” so it was a nice surprise. Fingers crossed for my fellow hold homies!

OOS II to Minnesota campus this morning, complete 7/26

Reactions: 2 users