2022-2023 Mayo Clinic - Minnesota (Alix)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Joining the R gang

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted 7/21 and haven't heard anything...don't know if I should be worried

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
Pre-II R Today LM 74 damnnn first R that **** hurt

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe it goes holds, rejections, then interviews.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
I didn’t get an interview hold or R lol.

Reactions: 5 users
Mayo seems to aggressively sort by MCAT, so possibly those who have not heard back just haven't been reviewed? Anyone willing to share their stats who haven't gotten a notification?

Also are FL track applicants (first choice) getting any action?
MCAT 52X. Nothing yet. Also FL track applicant.

Mayo seems to aggressively sort by MCAT, so possibly those who have not heard back just haven't been reviewed? Anyone willing to share their stats who haven't gotten a notification?

can i ask how you came to that conclusion?

Reactions: 1 user

LizzyM 75 and haven't heard a peep; I submitted 7/21 too. So, I'm not sure if that's entirely true, although it certainly could be. I imagine most schools sort based on MCAT, though.

My partner was complete 7/20, 3.7/520 and has not heard anything yet

MCAT 52X. MN/FL first choice. heard nothing
edit: complete 7/09

Last edited:
Just to add data point, 523 applicant submitted 8/31 and they got back to me quick af with a pre-II R in the latest wave.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Complete 8/16. 516 and 3.7 (graduate gpa) and no word yet.

Just to add data point, 523 applicant submitted 8/31 and they got back to me quick af with a pre-II R in the latest wave

Just to add data point, 523 applicant submitted 8/31 and they got back to me quick af with a pre-II R in the latest wave.
Sorry to hear. When did you receive the secondaries from them and how long did you wait to send in the secondaries?

Just got the II, was put on hold with the others last week.

Reactions: 9 users
II just now! complete 7/9. URM, OOS.
edit: MN/FL track

Do they accept application updates pre II?

II just now for AZ campus (my 1st choice)! Complete 9/6

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
I just received an email saying my application is “still under consideration,” nothing about II, R, or a hold. Is this email literally just an update that I don’t have a decision yet

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received an email saying my application is “still under consideration,” nothing about II, R, or a hold. Is this email literally just an update that I don’t have a decision yet, or is it basically a hold?
No idea what it means, but I feel like I should be concerned that I didn't get this email? I haven't heard anything from them since submitting my application in mid-July, so now I'm worried my application isn't even under consideration anymore lol. Does Mayo ever ghost?

I just received an email saying my application is “still under consideration,” nothing about II, R, or a hold. Is this email literally just an update that I don’t have a decision yet, or is it basically a hold?
+1 does this just mean they haven't gotten to us yet? I'm confused lol

No idea what it means, but I feel like I should be concerned that I didn't get this email? I haven't heard anything from them since submitting my application in mid-July, so now I'm worried my application isn't even under consideration anymore lol. Does Mayo ever ghost?
I didn't get the email either. I don't think Mayo ghosts though

Reactions: 1 users