2022-2023 Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats in you II, please share your experience. They will invite more students to II? How many students II and how many of those accept for each day of II?
My experience was honestly fantastic. The student reps and faculty are all super welcoming, and the interview experience as a whole is just really cool. I'm afraid I can't answer any of the other questions though because I myself have no idea

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats in you II, please share your experience. They will invite more students to II? How many students II and how many of those accept for each day of II?

Their acceptance rate post-II is about 50-60% including WL. Their WL unfortunately doesn’t have a lot of movement though from what I know.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you mean not many get accepted off the waitlist?

Yes. Only about 10% get in off the waitlist. I knew Jefferson was my top choice so I sent a letter of intent the same day as my interview to avoid getting waitlisted

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
For those of you who Dr LoSasso responded directly to, how long did it take for her to respond? Trying to gauge if it's a bad sign that she hasn't responded.

For those of you who Dr LoSasso responded directly to, how long did it take for her to respond? Trying to gauge if it's a bad sign that she hasn't responded.

She’s very busy, I wouldn’t read too much into it. She responded to me the next morning but I don't think that's going to be true for everyone, I just got lucky

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who were accepted, where did you all find the "campus key"? I looked through all the emails they previously sent but it was very vague

For those who were accepted, where did you all find the "campus key"? I looked through all the emails they previously sent but it was very vague

The email subject was “Jefferson's Introduction to Your IT Services"

Does skmc release decisions every wednesday?

I sent a LOI before I got an II. Now that I've interviewed, can I send another LOI to reaffirm things or is that weird cuz I've already sent 1 prior and I should just leave it at that?

I sent a LOI before I got an II. Now that I've interviewed, can I send another LOI to reaffirm things or is that weird cuz I've already sent 1 prior and I should just leave it at that?

IMO expressing interest can only help. Make sure you have something to update though. Even better if you’re sending a letter of intent.

You know when will be the next committee meeting? Good luck

Not sure, but I know they met at some point between Feb 22 and March 1st as that’s what I was accepted.

Maybe they meet more frequently at the end of the application cycle?

Did you all have to pay the enrollment deposit to get the campus key to register for the virtual second look?

also got the call yesterday, interviewed 2/22. what a weight off my shoulders

Reactions: 3 users
To all the current SKMC students out there - what is the housing situation for SKMC students? I saw on the SKMC website that there are three buildings for students, but I was curious about what portion of M1, 2, 3, and 4 students actually live in those buildings. Being in downtown Philly, there are a lot of nice buildings close to campus that aren't affiliated with the school that look more attractive than the on-campus offerings. However, I don't want to miss out on the community that might exist in the on-campus buildings if that's a big thing.

Would I be in the minority of M1 and students overall if I choose to live in a building close to campus (such as the Ludlow, the Girard, and 1213 Walnut) that isn't affiliated with the school?

Thanks

To all the current SKMC students out there - what is the housing situation for SKMC students? I saw on the SKMC website that there are three buildings for students, but I was curious about what portion of M1, 2, 3, and 4 students actually live in those buildings. Being in downtown Philly, there are a lot of nice buildings close to campus that aren't affiliated with the school that look more attractive than the on-campus offerings. However, I don't want to miss out on the community that might exist in the on-campus buildings if that's a big thing.

Would I be in the minority of M1 and students overall if I choose to live in a building close to campus (such as the Ludlow, the Girard, and 1213 Walnut) that isn't affiliated with the school?

Thanks
Hey there! Current M1 here! You definitely would not be missing out on anything living off campus. I would probably even say that most people live off campus. Do whatever will make you happiest and know that either option is a good choice!!

Thanks
Nah, people live all over the place. Do whatever is best for you / what you want to do, you'll make your friends and hang out with them wherever. I'd say the majority of people live off campus.

Got the call as well! Interviewed 2/22. Anyone have the link to the FB group...?