2021-2022 Thomas Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, Do we need to pat the deposit to see out finacial aid?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, Do we need to pat the deposit to see out finacial aid?

You'll have to also fill out the banner documents - if you want to be considered for institutional aid you're going to have to get federal tax returns from parents.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hoping for a call today? Words alone cannot express how much I wanna go to this school...

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Is now a good time for us on the waitlist to send another letter of interest?

Anyone interviewed on 3/23 and is waiting to hear back? :oops:

3/16 was the last interview date
Ah, I didn't clarify that I'm applying through their linkage program with my undergrad. Since I also saw some folks in the regular cycle on my interview day I assumed that our decisions would be made at around the same time.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone generally know if decisions are all released only on Wednesdays, even if it's not an acceptance?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I could’ve sworn they said we’d hear by 4/6 but maybe I’m going crazy

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the A, interviewed 3/16!!

edit: good luck to everyone waiting to hear back! I've been neurotically checking my phone allll day

• Love
HP waitlist, which seems like everyone is on. Idk if it’ll go anywhere.

• Care
Got the A!!! So pumped this was my top choice. Good luck to everyone else!!!

• Love
Interviewed 2/23, LM 76.50, got HPWL today.
Does anyone have any waitlist tips or know of anyone who got off the waitlist? Super bummed about today's decision.

• Care
Interviewed 2/23, LM 76.50, got HPWL today.
Does anyone have any waitlist tips or know of anyone who got off the waitlist? Super bummed about today's decision.

I mentioned this before but a lot of my classmates came from the waitlist last year, so don't give up hope just yet. Obviously plan on a reapplication if you haven't gotten in elsewhere, but it's not over 'til it's over. A lot of accepted people left the groupme last year because they decided on other schools.

I also don't know how helpful this is now that the cycle is pretty much over, but yesterday there was an addition to the SKMC student handbook - they added a section on Admissions that gives a bit more insight into the process. Nothing truly lifechanging but may be worth a read to some. If anyone wants to read it, you can download the handbook here: Student Resources

Anyone notice that for the most updated USNWR data, Jeff reported 135 in-state interviews and 102 in-state acceptances (including those coming off the waitlists)...? That's a 75% post-II acceptance rate

Anyone notice that for the most updated USNWR data, Jeff reported 135 in-state interviews and 102 in-state acceptances (including those coming off the waitlists)...? That's a 75% post-II acceptance rate
When a number sounds too high to be true, you have to reality check it. 75% would be a crazy high post-II acceptance rate.

102 IS As sounds reasonable, since they matriculate 77 IS. The disconnect comes from them having 7 IS EAPs, 12 IS BS/MDs, and 3 IS MD/PhDs. You either need to strip them out of your 102 As OR use the 168 IS IIs as reported by MSAR. Either one will get you to a 60% post-II IS acceptance rate, which seems a lot more reasonable to me.

When a number sounds too high to be true, you have to reality check it. 75% would be a crazy high post-II acceptance rate.

102 IS As sounds reasonable, since they matriculate 77 IS. The disconnect comes from them having 7 IS EAPs, 12 IS BS/MDs, and 3 IS MD/PhDs. You either need to strip them out of your 102 As OR use the 168 IS IIs as reported by MSAR. Either one will get you to a 60% post-II IS acceptance rate, which seems a lot more reasonable to me.
great point, forgot about the special candidates. thanks!

Just withdrew my A - hoping it goes to one of you deserving people on the WL! Good luck!

• Love
Withdrew my app - good luck everyone <3

Also withdrew my A - good luck all!

• Love
anyone know when WL movement starts normally?

Last year the commit to enroll date on AMCAS was 4/30, so if it's the same date I'd imagine it's around there. There's also some WL movement as people start getting off other waitlists and change schools, etc.

Last year the commit to enroll date on AMCAS was 4/30, so if it's the same date I'd imagine it's around there. There's also some WL movement as people start getting off other waitlists and change schools, etc.
The plan to enroll PTE was April 30th. CTE is usually 2 to 3 weeks prior to matriculation date

do we know if the committee still meets on Wednesdays? just wondering when waitlist movement will start for Jeff

do we know if the committee still meets on Wednesdays? just wondering when waitlist movement will start for Jeff
Looking at threads from previous years, it looks like waitlist movement can happen any day of the week.

It seems like this thread is much less active than past years, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's already started and just no one has posted about it. No way to really know for sure though without calling the admissions office.

Reactions: 3 users
Looking at threads from previous years, it looks like waitlist movement can happen any day of the week.

It seems like this thread is much less active than past years, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's already started and just no one has posted about it. No way to really know for sure though without calling the admissions office.
Yeah thats a good point this thread is pretty dead. Im patiently here waiting on the HPWL as well though so I'll definitely post if I get called but so far nothing. I wonder if it would be a bad look to reach out and ask if there is any movement.

Yeah thats a good point this thread is pretty dead. Im patiently here waiting on the HPWL as well though so I'll definitely post if I get called but so far nothing. I wonder if it would be a bad look to reach out and ask if there is any movement.
It’s hard to say. I know schools like people showing interest but I had the same thought about whether it was a good idea or not. People needed to decide PTE by Monday night so I guess it’s also possible that they just haven’t made any decisions yet.

It’s hard to say. I know schools like people showing interest but I had the same thought about whether it was a good idea or not. People needed to decide PTE by Monday night so I guess it’s also possible that they just haven’t made any decisions yet.
I’ll call the office next week and ask.

There are some people who are still holding onto multiple A’s because they only received their financial aid/scholarship packages from other schools late last week and early this week. So I wouldn’t be shocked if waitlist movement hasn’t started yet

There are some people who are still holding onto multiple A’s because they only received their financial aid/scholarship packages from other schools late last week and early this week. So I wouldn’t be shocked if waitlist movement hasn’t started yet
Thanks. I thought everyone had to whittle down their A's to one by this past Monday.

Do what you feel you need to do, but, TBH, SDN is active enough, Jefferson's class size is large enough, and its WL movement is significant enough that I am HIGHLY confident that someone will report something when WL movement begins.

Thanks. I thought everyone had to whittle down their A's to one by this past Monday.
Yup. Unless they got an extension, their school doesn't require it, or they just didn't do it. If it's the latter, some schools just dump people while others give them more time before reaching out to find out what's going on.

Received a call from the dean of admissions a little while ago. Accepted off the high priority waitlist! In complete shock!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users