2022-2023 Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone remember if we can send thank you letters to our interviewers directly, or if admissions asked us to send to them and they would forward?
I sent mine directly as well.. continued to have a line of communication which I am sure only helped me get the A

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get approved to join the accepted students Facebook group? Not sure if I was supposed to do something else before getting accepted

Does anyone know how long it takes to get approved to join the accepted students Facebook group? Not sure if I was supposed to do something else before getting accepted
Takes a couple hours/a day or two. I assume they just check if you have gotten accepted or not.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone who has interviewed tell me whether you are able to take notes on an ipad/computer or paper throughout the day?? I’m wondering if I can bring a bag with me but don’t want to be the only one lol

Can anyone who has interviewed tell me whether you are able to take notes on an ipad/computer or paper throughout the day?? I’m wondering if I can bring a bag with me but don’t want to be the only one lol
I brought a leather binder type thing with a notepad for interviews in a small bag. Ended up being very helpful so I could copy down the student interviewer's information as they had issues with their TJU email and preferred using their gmail. While I didn't see an ipad, mostly physical notes, I'm sure it would be fine. There's a lot of info being given and they did seem happy for you to take any notes you might need.

I know there’s a Facebook but anyone want to start a group me?

Reactions: 1 users
Can you create one? Tbh I don’t know how to do it haha I’ve never used the app!
Ok. This is the accepted applicants' GroupMe. Should I also post it on the Facebook group? GroupMe. EDIT: They just told me that there will be an official GroupMe soon. We just have to wait a little bit.

Last edited:
If anyone has info or advice on what students do for off campus housing, please message me thank you!
Current student here. The student coordinators will probably put something together for both on and off campus housing closer to the summer. Philly has a ridiculous amount of options though - even just looking on google maps around campus will give you 20+ options in a 5 block radius.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When do they start potentially taking people off the waitlist?

Got the A call just now. Can’t believe it! This was my first choice and after a billion rejections I’m just so happy!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Jeff is my top choice and I just want to start meeting people who are also going hahah

Got the A call just now. Can’t believe it! This was my first choice and after a billion rejections I’m just so happy!

Congrats!!!! That’s incredible. Mind sharing when you interviewed?

Reactions: 2 users
Sure! Sorry I forgot. The hype was real. Feb 1st! So around a 3 week turn around time.
Got any significant advice for the interview? I'm interviewing March 1st and this is my top choice as well

• Care
Got any significant advice for the interview? I'm interviewing March 1st and this is my top choice as well
It was very relaxed. Just know your app but also know how to be a person. It’s not all talking shop I guess is the way to put it. My interviewer and I discussed magic the gathering (my namesake on this forum) for like 10 mins because his son plays. Truly it felt like they just wanted to get to know me and what I’ve done both in an academic and outside of it.

Reactions: 2 users
It was very relaxed. Just know your app but also know how to be a person. It’s not all talking shop I guess is the way to put it. My interviewer and I discussed magic the gathering (my namesake on this forum) for like 10 mins because his son plays. Truly it felt like they just wanted to get to know me and what I’ve done both in an academic and outside of it.
I love magic the gathering, I play also!

• Love
FYI, The GroupMe page for accepted students was just posted on the Facebook page

I sent a letter of intent directly to Dean LoSasso via email and it says “email received” in my student portal. She responded as well. Do I need to send it separately to the regular admissions email?

Just asking because when I sent a letter of interest through the admissions email a couple months ago it said "Letter of Interest uploaded" on the student portal. I’m probably overthinking lol, just want to make sure it’s seen by the committee during review

If it said letter of interest uploaded, you should be good I think

If it said letter of interest uploaded, you should be good I think

It’s a letter of intent, but this time it just says “email received” probably because I emailed it directly to Dean LoSasso. Not sure if I should email to the admissions email as well just to be safe?

It’s a letter of intent, but this time it just says “email received” probably because I emailed it directly to Dean LoSasso. Not sure if I should email to the admissions email as well just to be safe?
You’re good haha, e-mail received means they got it!

My letter of intent was also like that and I got in like 2 weeks later granted I sent it the day I interviewers

My letter of intent was also like that and I got in like 2 weeks later granted I sent it the day I interviewers
Ok that’s good to hear. Just want to make sure it gets seen.

I also sent it the same night I interviewed. Jeff is for sure my top choice so I figured I’d let them know as soon as possible.

just called, they said no more IIs going out. Take it with a grain of salt though, my LM is pretty low at 72 so they might've just said that to me.

• Sad
just called, they said no more IIs going out. Take it with a grain of salt though, my LM is pretty low at 72 so they might've just said that to me.

Might be true, it’s about to be March but idk how late they interview

Edit: got my R while typing this!

• Sad
That's crazy if it's true. According to previous cycles they send IIs until late March.

Last edited:
Why send Rs in waves I wish they could just get it over with

Reactions: 5 users
Pre II R. Good luck to everyone else this cycle!