2022-2023 Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1

Members don't see this ad.

Why send Rs in waves I wish they could just get it over with
Super frustrating, but I think it may be a technology-related limitation, like their server can't handle sending out all these emails at once? Hopefully something that will change in future cycles.

Reactions: 1 user
Super frustrating, but I think it may be a technology-related limitation, like their server can't handle sending out all these emails at once? Hopefully something that will change in future cycles.

I would hope that in 2023 an institution the size of Jefferson would be technologically capable of sending an email. Total number of applicants is <12,000, so even if it was an email to every single person, doesn't seem very difficult.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Checking my email for a Jeff R (still waiting) only to get bodied by Yale lol, it's tough out there

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
And I still haven't heard from Sidney Kimmel since submitting 7/29.

Reactions: 8 users
That's crazy if it's true. According to previous cycles they send IIs to late March.
That’s strange considering AAMC traffic guidelines state the number of accepted should equal the expected class size by March 15th.

That’s strange considering AAMC traffic guidelines state the number of accepted should equal the expected class size by March 15th.
schools tend to accept 2-3x their expected class size. If you accept 150 people it’s unlikely all 150 will matriculate

Reactions: 3 users
I thought they accept their intended class size, then as students withdraw they send out other acceptances. So the total possible matriculants never exceeds the class size, but more acceptances can be sent as students withdraw. For example, they accept 150 before March 15th, but 100 withdraw, so another 100 acceptances are sent. So 250 acceptances were sent but only 150 will matriculate. That was my understand and I could be way off, so let me know what I’m missing.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Finally pre-II rejection after zero communication since I was complete on 7/3! Nearly 8 months for a two sentence rejection email lmao, thanks Jeff.

Reactions: 8 users
Pre-II R here too after silence since 6/28. They just wanted to wait for that 8 month mark lmao!

Another pre-II rejection. Submitted my secondary in July and sent an update about getting published last month. This is truly such a random process

Joining the Pre-II R team. Complete first week of Sept

To those who interviewed, did/how did you send a thank-you note to your interviewer?

Hi everyone! Pre-II R :( Submitted and was complete Aug 16, 2022. Secondary received 07/08th. CASPer 4th Quartile. Application update sent Oct 25 2022 - had some important additions.

Canadian student from Toronto , 3.98 GPA, 515 MCAT, Strong ECs (in terms of employment and volunteering in my opinion but: three hospices over the past 4 years in Ontario, >60 hours shadowing (Emergency medicine mostly, Surgeries in OR), working over a year in a hospital inpatient surgery as a PA, PT during undergrad). Rock climbing as a hobby for a while, competitive soccer player, spent a good amount of time on my essays/descriptions focusing on Dr. Grays suggestions (I thought).

As a Canadian rn my American schools cycle is going: 13/16 Pre II Rs, one soft R, 2 still waiting. Got some love from Ontario schools (2 IIs!) so maybe I am just not meant to go to the US for an MD.

No research though which may have done it but oh well. Congrats to all the candidates who received interviews, and my fellow Rs out there! Good luck to you all!

• Sad
Pre-II R today as well - honestly, just really happy to have gotten communication so I know to cross them off the list.

I GOT THE A CALL!!!!! As a reapplicant with no IIs last cycle this is completely surreal. I can’t believe it 😭😭😭

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
I just interviewed yesterday and they were telling us turn around is typically much faster for the people interviewing later because its towards the end of their interview season as a whole

Reactions: 1 users
I just interviewed yesterday and they were telling us turn around is typically much faster for the people interviewing later because its towards the end of their interview season as a whole
Congrats in you II, please share your experience. They will invite more students to II? How many students II and how many of those accept for each day of II?