2022-2023 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Acceptance came in today. Interviewed 1/5.
when you interviewed, did they give you a timeline in which you could expect to hear back? eg "10-12 weeks"?

Members don't see this ad.

when you interviewed, did they give you a timeline in which you could expect to hear back? eg "10-12 weeks"?
I actually do not recall if they gave a timeline. Sorry.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Acceptance came this afternoon! 01/06 interview date

bro what does Georgetown have against us who interviewed in December

Reactions: 3 users
got the call today!!!! interviewed 1/19. anyone know when their closer look day is?

do you mind sharing what day in Jan you interviewed and if you recall, what day in April you got the A? Asking because I am working with a similar timeframe!
i had my interview in 01/11/22 and was actually waitlisted on 04/05/22. i was accepted 06/03/22 :) hope that helps

Reactions: 1 users
Got the waitlist email today! Interviewed 11/16

• Care
Weird, mid-November and Early January people seem to have heard back, but late November and early December people were skipped over. I don't even know what to make of this anymore. Wanted to send an update, but am not sure if they already made a decision and it would be useless to send one now or if they skipped over us and an update might help.

Reactions: 3 users
I feel hopeless lol like do I call the adcom or just wait it out a bit more (interviewed early December)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know approximately how many people get on the waitlist and how many people are accepted off of it?

just got the call, i'm off the waitlist! interviewed 9/16, WL in november

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
just got the call, i'm off the waitlist! interviewed 9/16, WL in november
Congrats! Did you send any updates or letter of intent that you think may have helped? Was placed on WL in January and hope to follow your path haha

Congrats! Did you send any updates or letter of intent that you think may have helped? Was placed on WL in January and hope to follow your path haha
thank you! i sent one update letter a few days after my decision and then have done nothing since. my friend at GT said a buddy of his wrote like 4-5 letters and got in after being WL so looks like more than one letter wont hurt? good luck

• Love
Got a call from the dean of admissions with the A off the WL this morning! OOS. I interviewed 8/30 and got the WL email 10/14

• Love
Also just got the call from the dean! I interviewed on 9/14, received WL on 10/24! I sent in letter of intents on november, January, and February. My fiancé is re-locating to DC after college for a job so i mentioned that on those letters! I also talked to students from GT and a faculty from there! Hope this helps and this is my second cycle! I got waitlisted UW and Stanford in 2021 when I applied. I will be committing to GT! Stats: MCAT 516, GPA 3.93 with extensive biomedical research experience! Good luck to everyone and feel free to DM me anything with questions!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Also just got the call from the dean! I interviewed on 9/14, received WL on 10/24! I sent in letter of intents on november, January, and February. My fiancé is re-locating to DC after college for a job so i mentioned that on those letters! I also talked to students from GT and a faculty from there! Hope this helps and this is my second cycle! I got waitlisted UW and Stanford in 2021 when I applied. I will be committing to GT! Stats: MCAT 516, GPA 3.93 with extensive biomedical research experience! Good luck to everyone and feel free to DM me anything with questions!
let's gooo WL movement!! Congratulations to everyone who's gotten the call today!

I work night shift so I woke up to the voice message!!!! A off the WL!!! I interviewed early Oct and waitlisted late Dec!! I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!!! thank you to everyone on this forum for keeping me sane. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. GT is my first choice so I will see you guys in August!!!!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone have insight into like what percentage of the incoming class is from the waitlist, and whether or not Gtown goes thru the WL chronologically?

got the A call at 11 am EST, off the WL! interviewed early september, waitlisted mid oct!

• Love
Got the A call off the wait list this morning at 11 am EST!!! Couldn’t stop saying oh my gosh!! Interviewed 9/15, waitlisted mid November, sent a letter of interest after my WL decision in November and a second letter of interest in January!!!! Was planning on sending in a letter of intent soon but they beat me to it!! Can’t believe this is real life! Wishing for the best for the rest of you on the wait list!!!

• Love
is there a facebook group or a groupme for accepted students

we don't get our credentials to send in the deposit and everything until a few days after being accepted, correct? im trying to find my netID and password and literally am so lost LOL

is there a facebook group or a groupme for accepted students
Yes, there are both! If you recently got accepted, you’ll soon receive an email with a link to the Facebook group. You’ll have access to the GroupMe link once you’re in the group.

Just curious, anyone hear back from admissions recently? I’m about to hit 14 weeks from my interview date. Waiting patiently because I hear it can take up to 14-16 weeks, but I am feeling a bit apprehensive.

Just curious, anyone hear back from admissions recently? I’m about to hit 14 weeks from my interview date. Waiting patiently because I hear it can take up to 14-16 weeks, but I am feeling a bit apprehensive.

I interviewed 1/12 and got a waitlist email 3/7. Hoping you get some great news soon!!

Thanks for sharing! Would it be a bad idea to send an email regarding decisions - or maybe a letter of interest/intent?
they probably won't tell you when you can expect to hear back. but if you haven't already, send a letter of interest (or intent if GUSOM is your top program)

they probably won't tell you when you can expect to hear back. but if you haven't already, send a letter of interest (or intent if GUSOM is your top program)
Agreed, but (if this is applicable to you) I would hold off on a letter of intent. During interview day, admissions said that they don't accept letters of intent until after you've been waitlisted.

Agreed, but (if this is applicable to you) I would hold off on a letter of intent. During interview day, admissions said that they don't accept letters of intent until after you've been waitlisted.
Hmm, they didn’t say anything like that about letters of intent in my interview. But I might have just missed it.

Hmm, they didn’t say anything like that about letters of intent in my interview. But I might have just missed it.
yeah it's not something they explicitly announced, another student had just asked about LOIs

yeah it's not something they explicitly announced, another student had just asked about LOIs
I don't recall hearing anything about when during the process they do vs do NOT accept letters of intent. But regardless, yes - I think a letter of intent is most useful/valuable specifically for applicants who have been waitlisted.

With that said, one of the GUSOM faculty members whom I personally know said that if I don't hear back within the 12-week timeframe they said we would hear back in, to basically send an update reiterating that GUSOM is my top choice, i.e. send them a letter of intent

I don't recall hearing anything about when during the process they do vs do NOT accept letters of intent. But regardless, yes - I think a letter of intent is most useful/valuable specifically for applicants who have been waitlisted.

With that said, one of the GUSOM faculty members whom I personally know said that if I don't hear back within the 12-week timeframe they said we would hear back in, to basically send an update reiterating that GUSOM is my top choice, i.e. send them a letter of intent
ooh ok that's helpful, thank you!

Interviewed on 12/14 and still haven't heard a peep. Just sent an update. This is torture!

Last edited:
I just sent my letter of intent. Just curious, any early December interviews hear back at all? I know a current Georgetown medical student who interviewed early December in a previous cycle, and she got a response within 12 weeks :(.

I'm just hoping it's not a soft R if the 12 week time range passes without hearing anything, not even a waitlist.

This was immensely useful. Thank you so much!