2022-2023 Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the call!! Interviewed 10/28, IS sooo ecstatic

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the call and I started crying on the phone with Dr. SooHoo 🥹😩🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼 Feels like I can breathe for the first time in a year holy cow

Reactions: 1 users
Any other accepted students/current students know when we might expect more details on the preview day? I filled out the RSVP form for 12/16 but wasn’t sure if I should make travel arrangements yet as I don’t know if there are limited spots or if I secured a spot.
Did you ever figure this out? When are you invited to the preview day post acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call! So excited! OOS. Can't believe I missed Dr. Soohoo's first call.

Did you ever figure this out? When are you invited to the preview day post acceptance?
I was accepted on 10/28 and received the email for preview day (invited to the 12/16 preview day) on 11/1. I received a follow-up confirmation email on 11/10 basically saying that we would get more details as the date gets closer. The email confirmed I had secured a spot and gave a tentative schedule of the day as well as provided hotel recommendations for those traveling from out of state.

Reactions: 1 user
any 10/12 interview folks get a waitlist or R email? i saw someone got an A call and 10/26 As went out today so just wondering

and congrats to all who got an A today!!

I was accepted on 10/28 and received the email for preview day (invited to the 12/16 preview day) on 11/1. I received a follow-up confirmation email on 11/10 basically saying that we would get more details as the date gets closer. The email confirmed I had secured a spot and gave a tentative schedule of the day as well as provided hotel recommendations for those traveling from out of state.
Awesome thank you!

I just got an email from the dean stating that I did not complete my secondary application because, for some reason, my Casper results did not go through(still need to take Casper Snapshot but cannot until I'm home from Thanksgiving). Does anyone know how to add a school to my Casper list after taking the results? Also, how negatively does this impact my application (WARS 90, LM 73.2).

I just got an email from the dean stating that I did not complete my secondary application because, for some reason, my Casper results did not go through(still need to take Casper Snapshot but cannot until I'm home from Thanksgiving). Does anyone know how to add a school to my Casper list after taking the results? Also, how negatively does this impact my application (WARS 90, LM 73.2).
You click "Reservations" and then you'll see an option to view/add
1669321131407.png

Has anyone received an MSTP interview invitation recently? If so, is their interview season similar to last year (Nov - Jan) based on the available dates? It looks like they haven't updated their website for this year. Thanks!!
I received an interview that was for early November, and a friend I know has an interview in December. So I think the MSTP dates are roughly the same as last year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, Colorado was on my list of schools to apply to but I got really busy after submitting the majority of my secondaries and I just realized I never got to it. Do you think it's worth submitting it now, so late into the cycle? I know most people say if money's no issue then submit, but I just don't want to completely waste my money either so wondering what your thoughts are. Thank you!
*fyi I'm a Canadian applicant

Anyone who got the call still waiting on the acceptance email? Got called on Tuesday but no email yet.

Alternate List just now. Anyone know what movement looks like based on past years?

• Care
alternate list email just now, IS and interviewed 10/12. pretty bummed about this one :(

• Care
Still no secondary received, submitted primary 7/30. Is it too late to get one?

I heard CUSOM requires students to formally accept the offer of acceptance within a few days of being notified. Is this typical at all medical schools? I've never heard of having to sign something, at least not until April through AMCAS.

What happens if you sign but get accepted elsewhere and decide to withdraw?

I heard CUSOM requires students to formally accept the offer of acceptance within a few days of being notified. Is this typical at all medical schools? I've never heard of having to sign something, at least not until April through AMCAS.

I believe you’re just signing to accept the offer, not making a decision. You can still totally withdraw. You’re just rejecting the offer outright if you don’t accept it

it's not binding, it just means that you want them to hold a spot in the class for you while you weigh your options (every school i've heard from has required that you do this). you don't have to submit the deposit until 30 june 2023 so it's basically just to help them gauge how many spots they might have left in the class. commit to enroll doesn't even open until may i believe

Hey guys, urgent question. I am ready to submit my secondary (very late I know) but I haven't completed Snapshot yet. I know this school requires Snapshot, but will my application be considered if I complete Snapshot after the November 30th secondary deadline? If anyone could provide any info, it would be greatly appreciated!! thank you!

For people coming from OOS for preview days, there are a ton of hotels next to the campus that I'm sure the admissions team are recommending, but ALSO Denver actually has a great train line ($3 ticket for 3 hours or $6 for full day). The campus is right off of the Colfax Station on the R line, so if you need cheaper lodging, I'd recommend finding a place on the A line, R line, or H line. Also, if your hotel is on the train line (like the hotels on campus), that means you can get to your place straight from the airport for $10 instead of those airport Uber prices!

This post is not sponsored by RTD but is sponsored by the ghost of funds lost from me not planning transportation post-airlines at any and all times.

Reactions: 6 users
For people coming from OOS for preview days, there are a ton of hotels next to the campus that I'm sure the admissions team are recommending, but ALSO Denver actually has a great train line ($3 ticket for 3 hours or $6 for full day). The campus is right off of the Colfax Station on the R line, so if you need cheaper lodging, I'd recommend finding a place on the A line, R line, or H line. Also, if your hotel is on the train line (like the hotels on campus), that means you can get to your place straight from the airport for $10 instead of those airport Uber prices!

This post is not sponsored by RTD but is sponsored by the ghost of funds lost from me not planning transportation post-airlines at any and all times.
But also be a little cautious on getting a reeeeally cheap hotel right on colfax- not the safest area and the businesses that are run from some of those rooms often resort in people visiting the university ED.

• Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
II received this afternoon, OOS. Complete mid July. I gave up hope on hearing back from this school but excited for the chance to interview!

• Love
II today, OOS, LM score~ 65. Was not expecting this!!

+1, OOS II, complete mid august
When were you able to get an interview? The only session available was December 7th. I have an exam that day- it’s fine because I get to drop an exam for a class but obviously it’s not ideal.

When were you able to get an interview? The only session available was December 7th. I have an exam that day- it’s fine because I get to drop an exam for a class but obviously it’s not ideal.
I only had the 7th and the 9th available

After I received my regular admission invitation to interview, I was contacted by the Rural Program and invited to chat with the program director
Could I ask what that call looked like? I have mine coming up and wondering if it's kinda like a half interview or more informational?

II today, OOS! Submitted my secondary 8/23/22. Some good news in this wave of no response from other schools, so keep hope, everyone!!

Could I ask what that call looked like? I have mine coming up and wondering if it's kinda like a half interview or more informational?
I expected it to be more informational and casual, so I was wearing scrubs because I had just gotten off work... the program director made like 5 comments about my scrubs, so I think it was a bad move... It felt more like an interview than I expected but was pretty casual overall. He started off by asking me like 10-15 minutes of interview-like questions, then he shared a little bit and I asked him tons of questions. I PM'd you the questions I asked.

Any other IS applicants who are still sitting on radio silence this late in the application cycle? As the only IS state MD school for Colorado, I don't have a frame of reference for whether this is normal or not - anyone know or hear anything?

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Any other IS applicants who are still sitting on radio silence this late in the application cycle? As the only IS state MD school for Colorado, I don't have a frame of reference for whether this is normal or not - anyone know or hear anything?
I know a couple people IS who interviewed late Jan here and were accepted. Based on CUSOM's tracker, it looks like they've interviewed around 300 (as of Nov 17), last year they interviewed like 750ish. Hoping for the best for ya!

• Care
IS and have had complete radio silence this cycle too. They interview through late February usually, so there's definitely still a chance. Also they just updated their tracker today and it looks like they've sent out about half of their IIs.

+1
I've seen a few posts about them interviewing IS later, and a current student told me they typically reserve local applicants for after the holidays as inclement weather would impede travel for OOS folks. Not sure how true it is, but it makes me feel better lol

• Care
Alternate List just now. Anyone know what movement looks like based on past years?
from my experience (MS1), movement is alright and I've met probably 7-8 people in our class off the alternate list (that I know of)

Is there any pattern to when acceptances come out? slash do we have any idea when the next wave will be?

Is there any pattern to when acceptances come out? slash do we have any idea when the next wave will be?
at my interview they said it would be 4-6 weeks after the interview, but i ended up getting the call about 3 weeks after i interviewed

Last edited:
  • Love