2022-2023 Case Western

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For the University Program, the faculty interviewer has access to everything except your MCAT score. The medical student has access to your personal statement, experiences section, and the optional covid disruption essay from our secondary application.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone do the “you do iq”? I’m scheduled for it tn but I haven’t really researched the case much at all beyond reading it once. been busy at work and lazy lmao. I’m going to read the case for about an hour before probably and look up vitamin C and collagen. Does it even matter anyway ?
This isn't a test or some kind of game. It's just an opportunity to get a feel for how our small-group learning process works. Our medical students act as the facilitators and help guide you through the case as they would do it. There is nothing evaluative in this.

Reactions: 5 users
This isn't a test or some kind of game. It's just an opportunity to get a feel for how our small-group learning process works. Our medical students act as the facilitators and help guide you through the case as they would do it. There is nothing evaluative in this.
OK, Thanks for the response. I honestly was afraid to look like an idiot and not know anything haha, but it was really a casual and fun experience! The M2 students leading the discussion were great and understanding. Appreciate the transparency of you and the rest of the staff at CWRU my interview made me think nothing but positive things about you guys.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OK, Thanks for the response. I honestly was afraid to look like an idiot and not know anything haha, but it was really a casual and fun experience! The M2 students leading the discussion were great and understanding. Appreciate the transparency of you and the rest of the staff at CWRU my interview made me think nothing but positive things about you guys.
i did the you do iq session and yeah i recommend at least googling what vitamin c and collagen is and what they do. I came in to this session with zero preparation and I felt like a buffoon. Still really enjoyed the session and love CWR

Reactions: 1 users
and everyone else (the other interviewers) were soo nice. it was so crazy to think we might have been future classmates!

Reactions: 1 user
and everyone else (the other interviewers) were soo nice. it was so crazy to think we might have been future classmates!
Yeah, I agree. I definitely thought I would be happy being classmates with them! Good luck to us both!

Looking at the communication log, and I'm only seeing the invite to complete secondary email. I did receive another email that confirmed that I was complete, but it's not showing up on the communication log (usually appears for other schools). I'm most definitely overthinking things but wondering if this has happened to others!

Looking at the communication log, and I'm only seeing the invite to complete secondary email. I did receive another email that confirmed that I was complete, but it's not showing up on the communication log (usually appears for other schools). I'm most definitely overthinking things but wondering if this has happened to others!
+1, mine says the same thing but I have received the other emails!

Same

Anyone else helllla nervous about October 17th? Case is my first choice and I'm mentally preparing myself. Got to stay positive though.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Last year they did some strange zoom link thing the day before apparently

Do they only send A's on the 17th or will everyone who interviewed in Aug/Sept get some sort of notification?

Also good luck!!
Yeah, I read last year's thread, kind of sounded like reality TV show.
IDK I interviewed in August though, they told us we'd know October 17th. Later interview dates I have no idea.

II IS LM 77 complete 8/5. Very excited and hope to hear from the college program as well.

OOS II received today! Complete 8/23. LM 70 Non-trad

Do you think theyre doing the zoom links again and if so has anyone gotten one

Zoom invite 10/17 11:45-12:00! Same time for everyone else?

Reactions: 3 users
It seems like from last year that the zoom link means either WL or A I can't tell

Ahhhhh I got a link too, this is going to make the weekend very difficult lol

interviewed on 9/28. was told that we would hear back by 10/17. no zoom link, only sorrow

Why am I laughing rn. Maybe it's because I'm nervous loll. This zoom thing is so mysterious, and I'm very intrigued by it.

lol as someone who didn't interview here whoever who came up with this zoom link thing is just cruel smh

Reactions: 11 users
lol as someone who didn't interview here whoever who came up with this zoom link thing is just cruel smh
Even though I didn’t get the link, I’ll say that I think it’s nice in theory to give them a live acceptance via zoom. I think the intention is to give a more personal acceptance and congratulations.

But people were going to inevitably share it on places like here so those who didn’t receive it and see everyone who did are going to feel hard done by.

Even though I didn’t get the link, I’ll say that I think it’s nice in theory to give them a live acceptance via zoom. I think the intention is to give a more personal acceptance and congratulations.

But people were going to inevitably share it on places like here so those who didn’t receive it and see everyone who did are going to feel hard done by.
I think they tell them to not say anything because there are no acceptances shared on the past years threads
ohhh nvm i get what u mean now

This one really stings… assuming there’s no chance more zoom invites go out this weekend?

Last edited:
I'm interviewing soon! I'm hoping the best for all who have interviewed so far! We got this!

• Care
oh also - just in case anyone was wondering, i got an interview without having filled in the optional covid essay (i actually had written it but i just forgot to fill it in i guess hahaha) so optional truly means optional!

OOS II today!!! Complete 7/22 :D
For those interested, dates available ranged from 2 days from now (holy moly!) to mid-November.

Good luck to everyone who will get As today! ENJOY THE FRUITS OF YOUR HARD WORK!!!

Any update on what the zoom meeting was for?
Based on what I heard this morning, it seems like ppl who attended the Zoom call were accepted.... I Interviewed on 9/12 but did not receive a Zoom call :/