2022-2023 Case Western

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS II just now! Complete 7/23!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My interviewer has been posted. Is it recommended to know a bit about them before hand? Like know their speciality, research interests etc.?
I did this for my interview with a different school. Found out they were a professor but not a physician. Normally I would ask questions at the end with physicians about their career/advice, but looking him up beforehand I was able to come up with questions more tailored to his experience as a professor. So I would definitely do it but don’t make it obvious because some may find that a little weird lol. You’re there to talk about yourself, not brown nose.

New to SDN so hey everyone! Got an II today at ~11:30AM EST. super pumped! 3.65/521, IS, complete 7/21. Good luck to you all!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if there are opportunities to work with a diverse patient population at CW?
According to the videos we were given to watch pre-interview there is a teaching hospital MetroHealth which is very diverse and allows students to practice with a variety of patient populations. There is even an opportunity to have most of your clinical rotations done there if you would like.

Interviewing here in a few weeks. You guys think me citing how transparent the admin are on social media like here and how supportive they seem in general is worth mentioning if they ask “why case?”

Interviewing here in a few weeks. You guys think me citing how transparent the admin are on social media like here and how supportive they seem in general is worth mentioning if they ask “why case?”
yea I would talk about how these traits indicate how understanding admin and management are of students and how much they care about the case community

I interviewed yesterday, the portal information given when an interview is offered was very accurate. Even thought it was their first day we never went more than five minutes off schedule. Probably as they get back into full interview mode you can expect almost full accuracy. My staff interview was about 50 minutes and my student interview was about 30. They really answered all questions well and made us feel included and supported.
How long are the interviews? Can't seem to find any info about breaks/length during the interview block. Am I just unable to find it or...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Can anyone give insight into the nature of the interview? Does it seem casual or is it more formal/interviewer grills you?

hello! would anyone be willing to give me feedback for cwru secondary essays? thanks!!

Can anyone give insight into the nature of the interview? Does it seem casual or is it more formal/interviewer grills you?

Mine was pretty conversational. Don't know if that's me cause I was a non-traditional who had a few years working with people so I have an easy time talking to people. I was OOS but did a bunch of stuff in Cleveland so the conversation went in that direction. Also, I was accepted to CWRU undergrad and grad. Declined both times. So we joked that third time was a charm.

• Haha
oos ii for the UP received!! stoked for this one

II received. LM 76, OOS. Submitted 8/14.

Submitted 8/12 and silence since then. Don't know if I was passed over.

I applied to their mstp and got an email today saying that they'd like to have a phone interview with me, and then from there I may or may not be offered a full day interview. I am not sure if this is normal for their MSTP, if I was on the cusp of getting an interview, or if there's something specific in my application they want to discuss. Anyone have this experience?

I applied to their mstp and got an email today saying that they'd like to have a phone interview with me, and then from there I may or may not be offered a full day interview. I am not sure if this is normal for their MSTP, if I was on the cusp of getting an interview, or if there's something specific in my application they want to discuss. Anyone have this experience?
I have a friend that had a phone interview with CCLM last year and she then got an actual interview, so it's probably good news and used for people they are deciding to do virtual interviews with. Good luck! Can i ask, when were you complete?

I have a friend that had a phone interview with CCLM last year and she then got an actual interview, so it's probably good news and used for people they are deciding to do virtual interviews with. Good luck! Can i ask, when were you complete?
Thanks that's good to hear! I was complete 7/22

AAAHHHH II !!!! So insanely excited :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users