2021-2022 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone anticipating some more initial or WL decisions will be released this month? Looking back at last year’s thread, seemed like the third Thursday of the month was a day to hear…

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Is anyone anticipating some more initial or WL decisions will be released this month? Looking back at last year’s thread, seemed like the third Thursday of the month was a day to hear…
I’m waiting from an 11/12 interview. Been refreshing alllll day long 😩

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
feels like this will be the last or second til last II batch :/

I just got my interview invite! It’s set for Feb 1st. Im scared it’ll be a wait list decision? Have people already been waitlisted?
Also, I’ve been hearing the interview format is MMI? Any advice or insight?

• Love
I just got my interview invite! It’s set for Feb 1st. Im scared it’ll be a wait list decision? Have people already been waitlisted?insi
Also, I’ve been hearing the interview format is MMI? Any advice or insight?
An applicant at a recent interview session asked whether later interview dates were used for filling the waitlist; the admissions officers responded that this was not their practice and that they reserve enough seats to accept students at any point in the cycle. If I remember correctly, a large number of applicants is waitlisted but many are also accepted off the waitlist throughout the cycle.

Reactions: 11 users
II today!! this will be my first MMI interview. Can anyone share what resources they used to prepare?

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II today!! this will be my first MMI interview. Can anyone share what resources they used to prepare?
Congrats!!! What were your stats and are you is/oos if you don't mind me asking? Feel free to PM me about MMI strats I used for mine at a different uni!

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats!!! What were your stats and are you is/oos if you don't mind me asking? Feel free to PM me about MMI strats I used for mine at a different uni!
Thank you! gpa: 3.6, 508 mcat, OOS

Reactions: 1 users
I used the practice questions from BeMo Consulting and a few of my friends do mock interviews with me. Good luck!

Re: MMI—it felt kind of like a live version of a situational judgment test, like the CASPer (idk the spelling). One option* for preparing that might be helpful is to google lists of MMI-style prompts and practice answering questions (follow the MMI timing of the school e.g. 1 minute to think, 3 min to answer).

In the time you have to think, write** down a point or two you feel is thoughtful and relevant, and one overall “bottom line”, and work on expressing that within the time limit. If you have an appropriate real-world example/experience you can tie that in. For hypotheticals you typically want to acknowledge & empathize with the major stakeholders described in the prompt.

I do strongly recommend reading practice MMI prompts and reflecting on the topics, not just for a minute at a time but more generally. Imagine how you would express yourself if you were explaining your thoughts to a friend or classmate.

*I have only had two interviews, both MMIs. I was WL here and don’t yet know my status at the other school. So idk if I’m the best person to take advice from but I did feel prepared and enjoyed the MMI process overall. Just find the best preparation method for you!

**On the day of the interview you may not be allowed to write during the thinking part of each MMI station, so it is helpful to practice organizing your thoughts without taking notes. I don’t think UVM allowed us to write during the thinking portion but maybe someone else will confirm.

yo anyone have some sort of crystal ball to predict when the next round of acceptances is gonna be sent out

• Care
Re: MMI—it felt kind of like a live version of a situational judgment test, like the CASPer (idk the spelling). One option* for preparing that might be helpful is to google lists of MMI-style prompts and practice answering questions (follow the MMI timing of the school e.g. 1 minute to think, 3 min to answer).

In the time you have to think, write** down a point or two you feel is thoughtful and relevant, and one overall “bottom line”, and work on expressing that within the time limit. If you have an appropriate real-world example/experience you can tie that in. For hypotheticals you typically want to acknowledge & empathize with the major stakeholders described in the prompt.

I do strongly recommend reading practice MMI prompts and reflecting on the topics, not just for a minute at a time but more generally. Imagine how you would express yourself if you were explaining your thoughts to a friend or classmate.

*I have only had two interviews, both MMIs. I was WL here and don’t yet know my status at the other school. So idk if I’m the best person to take advice from but I did feel prepared and enjoyed the MMI process overall. Just find the best preparation method for you!

**On the day of the interview you may not be allowed to write during the thinking part of each MMI station, so it is helpful to practice organizing your thoughts without taking notes. I don’t think UVM allowed us to write during the thinking portion but maybe someone else will confirm.
Thank you for sharing! I have my interview next week and this will be my first MMI. When was your interview? How long did it take you to hear back about a decision?

Thank you for sharing! I have my interview next week and this will be my first MMI. When was your interview? How long did it take you to hear back about a decision?
If you look back to previous posts in this thread and past years' threads, you can track how quickly Adcoms sent decisions. Regardless, it's likely to be different for you. I think the majority of currently accepted/waitlisted people interviewed in October and heard back in mid-December based on this thread and on my own experience. Personally, it took me a tad more than 2 months to hear back - quite a long wait. It's important to remember your own perception of how well or badly you did in the interview is not always reflective of how the Adcoms view you or what your decision will be - so after the interview, try not to beat yourself up or nitpick! Best of luck!!!

I interviewed Oct 1st and was WL on Dec 16. But as someone else in this thread noted, there’s not much rhyme or reason to their timelines so can be hard to predict when you’ll hear. Good luck with your interview!

Any chances of receiving II as OOS from this school for the rest of the season, until March? Applied in July and have received 0 II’s and I’m very scared that I have a serious red flag
I got an interview invite just now, OOS

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Hi, interview invite today, OOS. Best of luck to everyone on this thread/still waiting to hear back.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Anyone get an II with a low mcat? (>508)

Anyone get an II with a low mcat? (>508)
I got a 508 and was waitlisted here. also this is not directed at you but a general complaint—I hate that 508 is considered “low” when it’s like 70th percentile but med school application is a nuclear arms race of standardized test scores so here we are.

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
I got a 508 and was waitlisted here. also this is not directed at you but a general complaint—I hate that 508 is considered “low” when it’s like 70th percentile but med school application is a nuclear arms race of standardized test scores so here we are.
this exam is the only thing holding me back so it sucks

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Hi, interview invite today, OOS. Best of luck to everyone on this thread/still waiting to hear back.
Hey congrats! can I ask when you submitted your app?

I feel like this will be a silly question, but I am supposed to interview this Saturday and have heard nothing about a zoom link or anything. Did anyone else have UVM email last minute with this info? I'm usually on top of reaching out if I don't get something within the week, but I just started a new job, and it slipped my mind.

I feel like this will be a silly question, but I am supposed to interview this Saturday and have heard nothing about a zoom link or anything. Did anyone else have UVM email last minute with this info? I'm usually on top of reaching out if I don't get something within the week, but I just started a new job, and it slipped my mind.
Check the school's portal for their communication record to see if it was caught by a spam or content filter, and if you haven't received anything, please reach out. In my experience their office responds quickly.

Looking at last year's thread, it looks like decisions came out on 1/21, 2/4, and 2/18. Here's to hoping we hear back in the next week!

• Love
I'm waitlisted and just received an email reminding me to apply for FAFSA

Did anyone not attend the ForWard Curriculum Q&A and still get an A? I'm not sure I'll be able to make it on a Wednesday.
I didn't attend any info sessions or Q&As after the interview and still got accepted

Do you think sending an email will help get me back into consideration for an interview possibly? High GPA and low MCAT applied early in the cycle but silence. Dont know what to do :(

+1. Do we think this is the week for some WL movement? :/
Hopefully we see another round of movement in general. I interviewed 3 months ago. I'm going crazyyy

• Care