2021-2022 Utah

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Im OOS and I don't have any ties to Utah but my dad graduated from U of U SOM. Anyone think it would be worth applying for that reason? Do they ask an alumni connection question? Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

Im OOS and I don't have any ties to Utah but my dad graduated from U of U SOM. Anyone think it would be worth applying for that reason? Do they ask an alumni connection question? Thanks :)
Hmmm I looked through my application and I actually don't think they do. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though!

Members don't see this ad :)
I received my secondary a long while back but I didn't have my letters in so I never got around to finishing the secondaries. I just looked through the email and it said the deadline to submit everything was 8/14/2021...I guess there is no point in wasting my time with the application right? I received my letters two days after the deadline so I couldnt even submit everything on the deadline but idk if they will extend the deadline for me for that reason?

I received my secondary a long while back but I didn't have my letters in so I never got around to finishing the secondaries. I just looked through the email and it said the deadline to submit everything was 8/14/2021...I guess there is no point in wasting my time with the application right? I received my letters two days after the deadline so I couldnt even submit everything on the deadline but idk if they will extend the deadline for me for that reason?
I am still waiting for my residency verification, and my deadline passed too. What do we do :(

Ooof sorry to hear that. I emailed them and said that the initial email was lost in my spam, and they let me have a week extension so I got some hope. Good luck on your end!
I got lucky, too! I emailed them after reading your response and they let me submit. You rock!

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone get the "You've been invited to complete an assessment for School of Medicine, Admissions 2022 at the University of Utah School of Medicine..." email? Is that an extra thing they consider before an interview invite? It feels like a CASPer kind of thing. It says I must compete it 10 days prior to my assessment Day, but I wasn't given a date??? Weird...

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get the "You've been invited to complete an assessment for School of Medicine, Admissions 2022 at the University of Utah School of Medicine..." email? Is that an extra thing they consider before an interview invite? It feels like a CASPer kind of thing. It says I must compete it 10 days prior to my assessment Day, but I wasn't given a date??? Weird...
This means you got an interview invite! Check your Promotions/Spam--that's where I found the actual interview invite email with instructions for scheduling it online. For some reason they send these out as 2 separate emails.

Hey does anyone have any advice on what I should do with the "Intellectual Curiosity" section if I dont have any research experience yet? Maybe just make up something about relearning the piano or another instrument? Or am I just screwed out of an entire section on the secondary lol?

Exciting! Are you EDP?

were we supposed to get a residency validation email? I never got one but my app says complete and ready for review and all that.

were we supposed to get a residency validation email? I never got one but my app says complete and ready for review and all that.
I believe the residency verification was a part of the secondary application. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe the residency verification was a part of the secondary application. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
That's right. There's a whole section with an area to upload documents.

Anyone done the Kira/SVI portion of the interview in the past and have any advice on prepping for it? I'm planning to do it in the next couple days but am pretty anxious about it. The format sounds a bit awkward and intimidating.

Looks like they just started sending them out! II an hour ago, secondary submitted 08/12, Idaho resident, 78 LM. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
So I am a Utah resident and filled out the information on the resident application page but never received an email confirming my residency. Is this the case for anyone else? Should I bother emailing the school to ask about this or is it better to just let them be?

Do we know when they will start sending II to instate applicants?

Are you a resident of a state with any special agreements w the U (Idaho etc.)? Date complete? Congrats - my fingers are crossed I get one!
I'm from WA, but I have significant ties to Utah (family, undergrad, etc.). Good luck!

Edit: I also completed my app on 7/26

Did you guys receive a in state resident verification email at some point. I'm an in state applicant and never got one

II Today IS. This school has always been one I have been interested in. Benefited from Primary Children's when I was younger.

II today! IS. First one of the cycle

Complete 8/1

Complete 7/19 and still haven’t heard back yet. This cycle has sucked so far lol

never received a secondary :(

Verified 8/30, MCAT sent 9/14

Got the acceptance call this morning from Dr. Chan!!! (I'm Early Decision). So excited!!!

Reactions: 2 users
MD/PhD interview offer received 9/21
Submitted 8/10

II last night! Only date available was December 3rd.

This thread has been so quiet. Are they sending out II slower this year? I haven’t heard anything yet. Complete 7/20.

Reactions: 1 users