2021-2022 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any II’s being sent out in January? :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there an application to fill out for scholarships/financial aid?
Just the FAFSA, no separate application as far as I’m aware. They apparently award merit based scholarships later this spring.
There's also a financial aid supplement, which Admissions told me they would notify us about in late January or early February

Reactions: 2 users
did anyone have Dean Arias imply a scholarship on their A call?

Reactions: 1 user
For anyone who is interviewing next week or later this month, have y'all received the Zoom invitation for the group welcome session yet? They said they would send it out 2 weeks prior to the interview date.

Just got an II! Complete early July (lol), only one date available in February

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are you magic?
Magic GIF by The Paley Center for Media

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
did anyone have Dean Arias imply a scholarship on their A call?
yes! she told me she will do what she can to bring me to Keck. It def got my attention but it needs to be good enough, their tuiton is double the amount of another school I was accepted to.

interviewed mid-november, accepted mid december
mcat: 508
cgpa: 3.5
sgpa 3.4
URM from Los Angeles

Reactions: 3 users
yes! she told me she will do what she can to bring me to Keck. It def got my attention but it needs to be good enough, their tuiton is double the amount of another school I was accepted to.

sgpa 3.4
URM from Los Angeles
She told me the same thing! And here I was thinkin I was special 💔. Hope we can get some good money from keck!!!

sgpa 3.4
URM from Los Angeles

She told me the same thing during my call. Are we the same person? Literally the same stats, same interview/acceptance timeline -- except for being from LA haha

So is everyone that interviewed in November and was accepted in December getting scholarships 👀
Dr. Arias told me that she was trying to accept and keep me before any other school could

I hate to play devils advocate, but she could have just told everyone something like “we will do what we can to win you over and get you to commit to Keck…” I don’t think it means for sure you are getting a scholarship given the context I can see from this thread (if I had more info I could think differently)

It just sounds like the standard interview acceptance call where they’re trying to flatter you and say things like “I know you probably already have tons of choices for next year and we will have to compete with those schools” “we loved X and Y during your interview and saw a lot of Z in your application and we want that at our school” “you impressed us” “you fit our mission really well” “we know we will have to fight for you” etc.

Nevertheless, I will keep my fingers crossed for all of you and I hope that I’m totally wrong.

So is everyone that interviewed in November and was accepted in December getting scholarships 👀
Dr. Arias told me that she was trying to accept and keep me before any other school could
Looks so far everyone who had Dean Arias tell them that is URM. Any non-URM get told the same thing?

• Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
That email about financial aid made my heart skyrocket lol

Reactions: 2 users
Finally got my pre-II R! Complete mid July

What does it mean if we haven't heard anything at all from this school :0 cry

Like at what point can I unwatch this thread if I haven’t gotten the pre-II R, but I know I’m going to? I submitted early early June 💀

does anybody think they over enrolled already and that's why they haven't called this whole month😐

Just got waitlisted. Interviewed on 1/14. Good luck to my fellow brethren

• Care
+1 WL 12/1 interview. I also can't open the link in the email

• Care
I’m assuming Keck is all done sending interviews for this cycle? Judging from last year’s thread they stopped around early/mid January :(