2021-2022 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
there best be no fee considering the COA LOL

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Are 11/30 interviewees hearing back tomorrow?
I don't think so. 11/16 interviewees didn't hear back the last cycle, so I think it's our turn. I think average turnaround times have been 4 weeks according to SDN. Maybe tho :thumbup:

Edit: Got a call (3pm EST), went to voicemail. Dr. Arias is an angel. God bless good luck everyone. Please don't hesitate to reach out if anyone needs anything! Bless

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think so. 11/16 interviewees didn't hear back the last cycle, so I think it's our turn. I think average turnaround times have been 4 weeks according to SDN. Maybe tho :thumbup:

Edit: Got a call (3pm EST), went to voicemail. Dr. Arias is an angel. God bless good luck everyone. Please don't hesitate to reach out if anyone needs anything! Bless
Congrats!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user

Congrats!! Sending good vibes out there to everyone else 🎉 Fingers crossed for us today!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Just got the call as well 🥺 interviewed 11/16

Wishing everyone else the best of luck!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Wait so you got a call back for 11/16 interview? I wonder if they will call 11/19 interviews today. I've been waiting by my phone lol

Just got the call at 2pm PT! Interviewed 11/19!!! Cried so hard lmao!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
I got the call today around noon PT! Interviewed 11/5. I’m a fairly low stats applicant- 507 MCAT and 3.6x GPA. I bring this up to encourage future low stats applicants who are reading this thread to apply! I felt discouraged about the school's 517 median MCAT score, but my acceptance shows that Keck values a holistic review! It’s not all about stats :) I’m also a community college transfer student, so shout out to any cc pre-med’s out there! My MS1 interviewer (also went to cc) mentioned he was surprised by how many transfer students were in his class. Everyone has a different path to medicine, and it’s hard not to compare ourselves sometimes, but we should embrace our journey and enjoy the ride! Feeling beyond blessed today. Best of luck to everyone! We will all be guided in the right direction<333

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 14 users
I got the call today around noon PT! Interviewed 11/5. I’m a fairly low stats applicant- 507 MCAT and 3.6x GPA. I bring this up to encourage future low stats applicants who are reading this thread to apply! I felt discouraged about the school's 517 median MCAT score, but my acceptance shows that Keck values a holistic review! It’s not all about stats :) I’m also a community college transfer student, so shout out to any cc pre-med’s out there! My MS1 interviewer (also went to cc) mentioned he was surprised by how many transfer students were in his class. Everyone has a different path to medicine, and it’s hard not to compare ourselves sometimes, but we should embrace our journey and enjoy the ride! Feeling beyond blessed today. Best of luck to everyone! We will all be guided in the right direction<333
Low stats, community college applicants unite. Glad to see another one of us!

• Love
Accepted students pls join our groupme! I wanna meet more of you

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got the call! Dean Arias is so sweet 🥺💖

• Love
Got the call yesterday (interviewed 11/17), I’m still freaking out!!! Dean Arias is so so sweet!

Also where can we find the GroupMe for accepted students :)

Got the call yesterday (interviewed 11/17), I’m still freaking out!!! Dean Arias is so so sweet!

Also where can we find the GroupMe for accepted students :)

PM for link!

If we don't get an acceptance call from Dr. Arias on the Thursday corresponding to our interview date, do we receive an email or some other form of communication updating us on our decision status that day? Just wondering if and when we're notified if we get rejected or waitlisted.

If we don't get an acceptance call from Dr. Arias on the Thursday corresponding to our interview date, do we receive an email or some other form of communication updating us on our decision status that day? Just wondering if and when we're notified if we get rejected or waitlisted.
I got a waitlist email the same Thursday that A's went out :( Hoping for good movement this cycle

• Care
Hope most of the avail. spots in the class are not already given out!! (Jan. interview date ...) Does anyone know around how many A's have already been given? Possibly, those of us with late interviews are only vying for a spot on the WL ...

Does anyone know if they’re going to be making calls this Thursday, or if the admissions office is closed because of the holiday?

I guess? I got the email at 6:20p PST.
What dates (roughly) do you see as earliest and latest to schedule interviews?

To give the rest of us an idea if there are a good amount of Keck interviews left to hand out. E.g. if the earliest date is March then likely extremely small amount available considering that's like the last month interviews take place.

What dates (roughly) do you see as earliest and latest to schedule interviews?

To give the rest of us an idea if there are a good amount of Keck interviews left to hand out. E.g. if the earliest date is March then likely extremely small amount available considering that's like the last month interviews take place.
I logged on within minutes of receiving the II and there was only one option - Feb 2nd. I didn't see any options before that!

Last edited:
Has anyone who submitted their secondary late August or early September heard anything back yet? It has been complete silence for me

I submitted late July and haven't heard anything either.
same here. I believe some pre-II Rs have been going out, so we are still in the running! Hopefully there are a couple of II waves left

• Care
Is there an application to fill out for scholarships/financial aid?
Just the FAFSA, no separate application as far as I’m aware. They apparently award merit based scholarships later this spring.

does anyone know if december interviews hear back today?
I interviewed 11/30 and haven’t heard back yet. Based on the every other Thursday schedule, I think calls should be made today, but not fully sure 😅 fingers crossed for everyone!

Anyone hear back today yet? (Interviewed 11/30)

Last edited: