2021-2022 University of Chicago (Pritzker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Completely agree. I just cope through incredibly dark humor.
Completely agree. I just cope through incredibly dark humor
Completely agree. I just cope through incredibly dark humor.
Lol don’t we all.

Members don't see this ad.

A just now via phone! Losing my mind 😭 interviewed early October

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the A!!! Good luck to everyone waiting!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
got the A phone call just now as well!! interviewed early September. was so surprised I'm shaking haha

Reactions: 2 users
Got the A, interviewed late September!! 😭

• Love
A! Dean Carter called me like 10 minutes ago! This is not a drill!!! TIME TO BUY AN ENTIRE WARDROBE IN KEVLAR! WE'RE DOIN THISSSSS!!!!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
A! Dean Carter called me like 10 minutes ago! This is not a drill!!! TIME TO BUY AN ENTIRE WARDROBE IN KEVLAR! WE'RE DOIN THISSSSS!!!!
those kevlar winter jackets will prob keep you both warm AND protected!!

Have accepted people received any email confirmation or portal changes yet? Also congrats!!

Have accepted people received any email confirmation or portal changes yet? Also congrats!!
i received an email right after the call, and the portal also updated! not sure if these already happened prior to the call though

Reactions: 1 user
Received the A call today as well! So excited and grateful! This was my #1!! Does anyone know when we get info about our financial aid package?

Members don't see this ad :)
They are still calling to give As. Just got the call for an A!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Just got a II. Very surprised ngl cuz it's so late so I don't think I have much of a shot but still feel really lucky. Complete 7/7, earliest I could schedule for is mid January

• Love
Hi all, does anyone recall them mentioning anything about when they're going to start releasing post-interview rejections?

Hi all, does anyone recall them mentioning anything about when they're going to start releasing post-interview rejections?
I don't remember them talking about rejections but they mentioned that most A's will be released closer to March.

So of course the one day I have a medical emergency I get a call from Dr. Jones about an “application update” and dont realize until 1am when I go take my medicine and see a voicemail and accidentally dial when opening it before frantically turning off my phone😭😅. I’m excited because it sounds like A’s are being dealt out but worried I may have royally screwed up? Thinking of calling back tomorrow and leaving a message but probably will not hear back until Monday? There’s also no way of knowing I guess but hoping I’m not getting my hopes up just to be WL’d or R’d lol. Anyways, congratulations to everyone who received an A!!!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
So of course the one day I have a medical emergency I get a call from Dr. Jones about an “application update” and dont realize until 1am when I go take my medicine and see a voicemail and accidentally dial when opening it before frantically turning off my phone😭😅. I’m excited because it sounds like A’s are being dealt out but worried I may have royally screwed up? Thinking of calling back tomorrow and leaving a message but probably will not hear back until Monday? There’s also no way of knowing I guess but hoping I’m not getting my hopes up just to be WL’d or R’d lol. Anyways, congratulations to everyone who received an A!!!
I think it's an A cause they wouldn't call if it's a WL or R. Also I hope you're doing okay.

You mean Sara Jones, right? Not sure who Dr. Jones is but if that was Sara then she basically said the same line "application update" at the beginning of our conversation even though I actually did pick up my phone and was talking to her. So I am pretty certain you got the A. Congrats!

You mean Sara Jones, right? Not sure who Dr. Jones is but if that was Sara then she basically said the same line "application update" at the beginning of our conversation even though I actually did pick up my phone and was talking to her. So I am pretty certain you got the A. Congrats!
Yeah I also missed the call and Sara (she's not a doctor but it's easy to make the mistake lol) left a voicemail talking about an application update. I called her back later though, so I feel like it would be ok for you to call back this weekend if you wanted to! Congrats again!!!

Sorry for the late notice, but I received an acceptance call on Friday night. So they truly call whenever!

II today! I was not expecting this on a Sunday evening! Complete 9/29

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Lmao sent an update letter last week and got the pre-II R today, best of luck y’all— you got this ♥️

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
any thoughts on if calls will go out tomorrow? I interviewed in mid-September and ahhhhh I just want an answer

any thoughts on if calls will go out tomorrow? I interviewed in mid-September and ahhhhh I just want an answer
from what it seems i think they usually send out acceptances around mid december ?

Took a while, but received my R this morning. Complete 7/4. Best of luck all!

+1 Pre-II R this morning, complete early July. Best of luck to those still in the running!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
II this morning! LM 78, complete mid September.

Really hoping this wasn't a mistake and that I wasn't actually slated for a pre-II R 😰

• Love
Pre-II R. This was my favorite school in Chicago. Alas, I probably submitted kinda late/had lower stats.

Also they sent me an email about the MS Biomedical Sciences right after the rejection, which was kinda rude.

Does anyone think theyll send As today for November interviews?

I hope As aren't chronological... I interviewed in September and haven't heard back haha

I hope As aren't chronological... I interviewed in September and haven't heard back haha
If there's one thing I learned in this whole application process is that nothing is chronological lol, so I would just wait it out at this point and hopefully you'll get good news soon!

If there's one thing I learned in this whole application process is that nothing is chronological lol, so I would just wait it out at this point and hopefully you'll get good news soon!
that is very true!

Pre-II R today. Was complete early September.

• Care
Pre-II R, complete mid-August. :(

• Care
Hey everyone- for accepted students, has anyone heard any info about financial aid? What are the next steps?

Hey everyone- for accepted students, has anyone heard any info about financial aid? What are the next steps?
I think those come out sometime early spring. At least that's what it says on the acceptance mail packet I got.

are we expecting another round of As to come out this week?
I hope so... if I am part of it haha! IK they said most As come out in spring. do the people who go through past threads know that this is true?

Last edited: